August 2013 Moms

Our weight

At 26 weeks I have gained 10 pounds so far and at 24 weeks my baby girl was already weighing two pounds. Needless to say, I am glad to know I am all baby and fluid right now....yeaaaa!!!

Re: Our weight

• At my last app, which was the 22nd, they said I had only gained 7lbs. I am at 23 weeks. They said they are started to get concerned about my lack of weight gain. :( I promise I am eating! I've always had a super high metabolism and trouble gaining weight.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • oops34oops34 member
    I don't like posts like these. It makes me feel like a fatty mcfatterson for gaining all of the 18lbs I've gained.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • imagehstautz:
    Sorry girls no sympathy for the skinny bitches here! Kind of an irritating post actually.

Agree. Feels like its someone yelling from the rooftop about how great they are.  

• I am 25 weeks and have gained 10 pounds. My doctor is not to happy with my weight gain because I've gained suddenly. I felt like 10 pounds was good but he is not to excited about it.
  • Im by no means a skinny B! But at 24 weeks I have only gained 8 lbs. I started at 180 and im 5'7 so im a big girl. My doctor isnt concerned about the lack of weight I am gaining. I came into this praying I wouldnt hit 200, but I have a feeling my weight will come in the last month. We all gain at different speeds, some gain early, and some gain late. I do envy the skinny women that dont show till the end, and after the delivery you cant even thell they were ever pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree. Whoop dee doo! I have gained 30 lbs thanks for rubbing it in. -.-
    imageimageimageimage

• I am 24 w 4 days and I have gained over 30 already... I'm not worrying about how much I gain this time..
  • I have gained a perfectly average amount of weight. Yay me! .

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• 25 weeks and 25 pounds, feels like a lot but I am making healthy choices .
  • Yeah I don't like this post. Everyone's different but common, 10lbs.. Seriously? My normal shirts look like crop tops and I swear my thongs get lost in my asss cheeks. DISLIKE!
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • imageKatieR2310:
    Yeah I don't like this post. Everyone's different but common, 10lbs.. Seriously? My normal shirts look like crop tops and I swear my thongs get lost in my asss cheeks. DISLIKE!

LMFAOOOO!! 

imageimageimageimage

• The girls who have gained 10 lbs have just as much right to talk about their weight as the girls who have gained more (and there are plenty of those posts). We all will loose and gain weight differently! (And FYI, I am somewhere in the middle, so this is completely non biased)
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageamarissa85:
    I agree. Whoop dee doo! I have gained 30 lbs thanks for rubbing it in. -.-

I actually have never put much stock in the number on the scale, it all about your body fat % and how you feel. Now that we are all PG the babys health is the most important. I'm not gonna avoid gaining weight if the baby is growing. Not even if my MIL and every other non medically trained stranger tells me i am HUGE in the belly.

amarissa85 its obvious from your bump pics that your weight gain is absolutely healthy. Have you noticed a correlation between big bump and big baby? Or is it purely how our body is carrying the baby that affects the shape? Everyone keeps saying wow thats gonna be a big kid? FTM so i have no data on this.

Also I will not glorify this post by posting the amount of weight i have gained

ETA i dont like ANY of the weight posts, but i loooove to read them for some reason

• imagehstautz:
    Sorry girls no sympathy for the skinny bitches here! Kind of an irritating post actually.

This exactly! 

• imagehstautz:

THIS!! 

• imagedavisislands:
    The girls who have gained 10 lbs have just as much right to talk about their weight as the girls who have gained more (and there are plenty of those posts). We all will loose and gain weight differently! (And FYI, I am somewhere in the middle, so this is completely non biased)

This!Yes Not looking for sympathy or trying to rub it in, just feel we have the right to talk about it too.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Why all the hate for skinny girls? It's not nice to judge anyone based on their weight. People say just as much rude/judgmental crap to skinny women as they do to fat women, but for some reason it's "ok" because they are skinny.

OP's post is AWish though- there is no need to brag about how little you have gained. 

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatieR2310:
    Yeah I don't like this post. Everyone's different but common, 10lbs.. Seriously? My normal shirts look like crop tops and I swear my thongs get lost in my asss cheeks. DISLIKE!

This!!!Yes

• I have gained 6 lbs... Be jealous everyone beeeee jealous! Wink

I started out overweight and only am "suppose" to gain 10-15 lbs. I am not saying how much I weigh though, tis a secret.

• imageJBrooks315:

imagedavisislands:
    The girls who have gained 10 lbs have just as much right to talk about their weight as the girls who have gained more (and there are plenty of those posts). We all will loose and gain weight differently! (And FYI, I am somewhere in the middle, so this is completely non biased)

This!Yes Not looking for sympathy or trying to rub it in, just feel we have the right to talk about it too.

Everyone's weight is different during pregnancy.. Or in general for that matter. Everyone is also entitled to their own opinions! No one is hating because there are skinny ones, it just comes across as bragging and that's where the ones who have gained more weight opinions come in. Tada
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

• imagehstautz:

Yeah what is the point of this post?
  • imageKatieR2310:
    imageJBrooks315:

imagedavisislands:

Everyone's weight is different during pregnancy.. Or in general for that matter. Everyone is also entitled to their own opinions! No one is hating because there are skinny ones, it just comes across as bragging and that's where the ones who have gained more weight opinions come in. Tada

Oh, my bad, saying "no sympathy for skinny bit***s on here" must not be hating.

• Kumbaya ladies.

Everyone gains weight at different rates during pregnancy. It's okay to be happy if you haven't gained much and it is okay to grumble about gaining too much. Unless, someone is strapping on a feed sack every two hours, I expect most people are doing the best that they can.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetanabeans:

I actually have never put much stock in the number on the scale, it all about your body fat % and how you feel. Now that we are all PG the babys health is the most important. I'm not gonna avoid gaining weight if the baby is growing. Not even if my MIL and every other non medically trained stranger tells me i am HUGE in the belly.

amarissa85 its obvious from your bump pics that your weight gain is absolutely healthy. Have you noticed a correlation between big bump and big baby? Or is it purely how our body is carrying the baby that affects the shape? Everyone keeps saying wow thats gonna be a big kid? FTM so i have no data on this.

ETA i dont like ANY of the weight posts, but i loooove to read them for some reason

Yes, both of my previous children were big babies. Thankfully I haven't had many people comment about my size and the ones that do are usually guys go figure.

imageimageimageimage

• Oooohhh...never meant to make anyone upset. By no means am I a skinny ***. I am just excited to know that I am all baby!! With my last daughter I gained 42 pounds in 37 weeks so yes I am super excited!! I can say that until last week when I was put on light duty that I walked 2.5 to 3 miles on days I actually felt like it. I don't over eat and I don't use pregnancy as an excuse to not carry out my normal daily routines which includes cooking, cleaning, running errands, shopping and whatever else. Do I eat what I want...yes!! Do I eat everything I see...no!! Every pregnancy and woman's body is different just like not ever pregnant woman quits working out, eats everything in sight or uses pregnancy to be lazy!!
  • Chocolate chip or oatmeal...just make sure it's soft!!
  • imagetanabeans:

imageamarissa85:

I do not believe it matters how big bump is to the size of baby, with my last I constantly heard how small I was, and how my baby would be small, she was 8lbs13ozs, I actually did gain 25 pounds with her, but I am tall 5'10, and I guess I carried it well, believe me it is just as irratting to hear how small you are as it is how big you are, I am now 26 weeks and swear my bump is as big now as it was when I delivered DD.
  • imagehstautz:
    imageRitter1125:
    Im by no means a skinny B! But at 24 weeks I have only gained 8 lbs. I started at 180 and im 5'7 so im a big girl. My doctor isnt concerned about the lack of weight I am gaining. I came into this praying I wouldnt hit 200, but I have a feeling my weight will come in the last month. We all gain at different speeds, some gain early, and some gain late. I do envy the skinny women that dont show till the end, and after the delivery you cant even thell they were ever pregnant.

I understand where you are coming from now, your OP def need the above explanation. When i read it i was like WTF.

P.S. 180 at 5'7 does not a big girl make.

This has nothing to do with the op, but 180 at 5'7 does make a big girl, at least medically speaking, it's approaching the top of the overweight range for bmi.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• imagedavisislands:
    imageKatieR2310:
    imageJBrooks315:

imagedavisislands:

Oh, my bad, saying "no sympathy for skinny bit***s on here" must not be hating.

Just like you everyone has different opinions. If I saw someone skinny walking down the street would I hate them? Of course not. But if they started to tell a group of people who vary in sizes that they are skinny and don't gain alot of weight would you expect someone to get pissed? YES. There is a complete difference.
    ~may siggy challenge~

• imageKatieR2310:

ROFL... thank you for the giggles. This just made my morning. 

• imagekateisgreat:

Why all the hate for skinny girls? It's not nice to judge anyone based on their weight. People say just as much rude/judgmental crap to skinny women as they do to fat women, but for some reason it's "ok" because they are skinny.

OP's post is AWish though- there is no need to brag about how little you have gained. 

THIS 

• At least the people hating admited it :) Maybe this post should have been on the UO thread? Wink

• imageholly753:
    imagetanabeans:

imageamarissa85:

I do not believe it matters how big bump is to the size of baby, with my last I constantly heard how small I was, and how my baby would be small, she was 8lbs13ozs, I actually did gain 25 pounds with her, but I am tall 5'10, and I guess I carried it well, believe me it is just as irratting to hear how small you are as it is how big you are, I am now 26 weeks and swear my bump is as big now as it was when I delivered DD.

I guess we will just wait and see, I have a short torso so i think that may be why people keep saying i will have a huge baby. I heard the size of thebaby doesnt really affect the difficulty of delivery.

Also quoting "amarissa85"

The last person to say "damn are you having 2?" was a guy... dumb a**es

• As of 23 weeks, I had gained 14 lbs. I like to think most of it went to my boobs as they are enormous. I'll be happy if I don't end up gaining 45 like my sister.
  • I was up 16lbs at my 20w appt.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I posted twice to quote but it never showed up so maybe 3rd time is a charm? I think that when you are short the only way for baby to grow is out. Not saying I know this for sure but I am only 5'6 and did carry large with both and both happened to be big babies. After looking at my current size I am going to guestimate this baby will be a decent weight but then again I don't know. My uterus is already under my ribs so the only way for him to go now is out.
    imageimageimageimage

• imagechelseamb11:
    Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

Where's the "like" button when you need it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Sascha3Sascha3 member
    I gained 8 lbs this month and am up 21 lbs at 24 weeks and happy about it! A popular twin pregnancy book says 24 lbs by 24 weeks greatly lowers the risk of preterm labor. The health of these babies is what matters.

And amarissa....your bump is the cutest bump ever and obviously those 30 lbs are all baby!

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imageSascha3:
    I gained 8 lbs this month and am up 21 lbs at 24 weeks and happy about it! A popular twin pregnancy book says 24 lbs by 24 weeks greatly lowers the risk of preterm labor. The health of these babies is what matters. And amarissa....your bump is the cutest bump ever and obviously those 30 lbs are all baby!

Thank you <3

imageimageimageimage

• Here's a gold star for your (lack of) weight gain.

Now go f*ck yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"