May 2013 Moms

Update: L and D

We welcomed our little man 24 days early tonight. After my last post I took a quick shower just in case and while I was in there my water broke. I got out and realized it was blood. Totally freaked out.

When we got to the hospital we found out I was 4 cm and it was not my water but I was bleeding a lot.

They admitted me and hooked me up to the monitors. My contractions were 2 minutes apart and getting stronger. Soon I was at 5 cm and they broke my water. The contractions got worse and were about 1 minute apart. The doctor told me she thought I had placenta previa. A few minutes later I started getting nauseous and the baby's hr dropped.

The doctor came in and inserted an internal monitor and then she said it was placenta previa and we had to get into surgery immediately because the baby was in distress.

It was so scary but once I heard that first cry I felt so relieved. It was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

Alexander Rene was born at 11:06pm on May 1st, 2013. He is 7lbs 15oz and 3.3 weeks early.

Scared the hell out of mommy but mommy and baby are finally out of recovery and doing well. Thank you for the well wishes everyone!

Re: Update: L and D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"