May 2013 Moms

UO

Whatcha got, ladies?

Re: UO

• Crap about Plan B being made available to girls ages 15 and up has been popping up all over my news feed on FB with all kinds of misinformation, and it's pissing me off.  The more I read about about it and think about it, the more OK I am with 15 year olds having access to this pill.  It is NOT an abortion pill, and I would much rather see a young girl take this to try to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than have to make the choice of getting an abortion, keeping a baby that could mess up her plans for her future, or having to make the choice to put her kid up for adoption.
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    I don't "get" Twitter. Nor do I care to.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCNJ4EVA:

I don't get it either... 

• Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Edit: This was supposed to be quoting Botanical! 

Being pregnant has made me even more pro-choice when it comes to reproductive healthcare. I mean I've always been a hippie communist liberal, but now I think I can understand how absolutely horrible it would be to be pregnant and not want to be pregnant. People who are against abortion AND against the morning after pill are ignorant. 

• Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this... Well, at this point anyway, I'm sure it will change when baby comes and I will have plenty of things to make my life better. I am uber EXCITED to meet my baby! I have passed the point of nervousness and anxiousness and I just want to meet her.

All of that being said, I will be annoyed if she comes today and it messes with my favorite day of the week. Yes, I can catch up with everything tomorrow but it's the principle of my favorite day being spent in labor instead of enjoying my show and this thread. 

• imagelaurenann82:

Edit: This was supposed to be quoting Botanical! 

Being pregnant has made me even more pro-choice when it comes to reproductive healthcare. I mean I've always been a hippie communist liberal, but now I think I can understand how absolutely horrible it would be to be pregnant and not want to be pregnant. People who are against abortion AND against the morning after pill are ignorant. 

This is me, too. No one is pro-abortion, but to force women to become parents when they aren't ready/able is just crazy.

Mine- It's starting to bug me that the media is focusing on the immigration status of the Boston suspects, especially those arrested yesterday. I was watching the news this morning and there was a whole commentary about the "American citizen's" crimes vs the others' crimes. I feel like they're using this tragedy to pad their immigration agenda. I wish they would just focus on the actual situation.

ETA: Because I can't string two sentences together this morning 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageGradMommyToBe:
    Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.

I hear you about wanting to keep cooking until the due date. My husband has to work the next couple of weekends so I'd love for it to be just the two of us the one weekend he has off before my due date. I also still have lots of stuff to do and I'm waiting until I start half days at work to do it all.  

• I love reading about the May LOs being born, even the long versions of the birth stories.

My UO: I don't like to comment on the them.  It's not that I'm not congratulating you and wishing you well in my mind, I just don't have the time.  I can read more if I comment less.

• imagelaurenann82:

I completely agree.  What are these girls supposed to do?  If schools and parents aren't going to teach sex ed appropriately there needs to be another way.  This is a pretty harmless measure to prevent teen pregnancy.  

• imageMomlovesEloise:
    imagelaurenann82:

This is me, too. No one is pro-abortion, but to force women to become parents when they aren't ready/able is just crazy.

Mine- It's starting to bug me that the media is focusing on the immigration status of the Boston suspects, especially those arrested yesterday. I was watching the news this morning and there was a whole commentary about the "American citizen's" crimes vs the others' crimes. I feel like they're using this tragedy to pad their immigration agenda. I wish they would just focus on the actual situation.

ETA: Because I can't string two sentences together this morning 

Yes   

• imageBeesMomma00:

I love reading about the May LOs being born, even the long versions of the birth stories.

My UO: I don't like to comment on the them.  It's not that I'm not congratulating you and wishing you well in my mind,  I can read more if I comment less.

this is me as well but with most posts. I am a dirty lurker. Plus with at least a 6 hour time difference I feel by the time I post something everything has already been said if I don't see it during my mid afternoon/ North American morning.

BFP #1 6.9.12 EDD 2.16.13 Ended in emergency surgery due to an ectopic 6.23.13
    BFP #2 9.6.13  Rainbow born 5.22.13
    BFP# 3 8.28.14 EDD 5.1.15  2nd u/s revealed Twins   m/c 9.21.14 
    BFP # 4 11.27.14 EDD 8.5.15  1 perfect bean @ 6 weeks

• imagelaurenann82:

imageGradMommyToBe:
    Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.

I hear you about wanting to keep cooking until the due date. My husband has to work the next couple of weekends so I'd love for it to be just the two of us the one weekend he has off before my due date. I also still have lots of stuff to do and I'm waiting until I start half days at work to do it all.  

I totally hope I go OVER my due date.  If I do, Memorial Day will be one of the days included in the first unpaid week of my short term disability, so I would only have to take 4 vacation days to get paid instead of 5.  I am a selfish bish of a mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO: I think Glee sucks. So does The Voice & American Idol.

• I like the birth announcement posts, but sometimes I see one and I just want to comment "and who the hell are you?"

Seriously, where are these new posters coming from?

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

UO: I think ombre hair just looks like a neglected dye job, and kind of trashy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebowman958:

I totally hope I go OVER my due date.  If I do, Memorial Day will be one of the days included in the first unpaid week of my short term disability, so I would only have to take 4 vacation days to get paid instead of 5.  I am a selfish bish of a mom.

Too funny.  My EDD is somewhere between 5/25 and 5/27.  I'm hoping to hold out until 5/28 so I can still have off that Monday but not have it count against my FMLA or time off.  :)  Every day counts!
  • imagecorkietn:

re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

My currently ombre hair is absolutely a neglected dye job

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejerseygirl81:

I like the birth announcement posts, but sometimes I see one and I just want to comment "and who the hell are you?"

Seriously, where are these new posters coming from?

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • image1and1is3:

Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this...

So we couldn't think of any girl names for my first so we started going through names of characters in TV shows we liked.  My daughter's name is Elena...lol

• imageRaquellyo:
    image1and1is3:

Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this...

So we couldn't think of any girl names for my first so we started going through names of characters in TV shows we liked.  My daughter's name is Elena...lol

I love Elena, it's the MN we chose. We are spelling it Alaina though 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • imagebowman958:
    imagecorkietn:

re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

My currently ombre hair is absolutely a neglected dye job

No judgment here. Anything about my appearance at all is pretty neglected these days. My lucky husband Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRaquellyo:
    image1and1is3:

My DD is totally named after Brooke from One Tree Hill.  Haley WAS on  our list for this LO but I've since stopped liking it.  My first thought though was that I would get my secret wish to have my children named after the characters on that show.  I thought they all had great names.

Haley
    Brooke
    Peyton
    Nathan
    Lucas

:)

• imagemishy2006:
    I don't like to use the term cooking when referring to LO staying in utero. Makes me feel like I'm whipping up a batch of cookies.

It would probably be easier to birth a batch of cookies. But now all I can think about are the people who eat their placentas.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Mine is that I dislike cats, I think they are demons straight from the underworld.  Kittens I am ok with.  But cats and all their discontent and contempt can shove it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejerseygirl81:

imagemishy2006:
    I don't like to use the term cooking when referring to LO staying in utero. Makes me feel like I'm whipping up a batch of cookies.

It would probably be easier to birth a batch of cookies. But now all I can think about are the people who eat their placentas.

Mmmmm placenta cookies!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsR11MrsR11 member

I agree with the ombre hair comment. I just call it 'roots'.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRaquellyo:
    image1and1is3:

Hahah. That's hilarious. My husband and I also considered that name if LO would have been a girl. 

On a side note, I just awoke from an amazing Damon dream. I sure am going to miss these crazy pregnancy sex dreams! 

• imagebowman958:
    imagejerseygirl81:

imagemishy2006:

Mmmmm placenta cookies!

A girl in our Baby 101 class totally asked the teacher (who was a little old lady) about eating the placenta to help prevent PPD. The lady about died. It was hilarious.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Mine would have to be that I am a little nervous the school year to end may 28th. It's not that I don't want the boys to be home, I'm just a little nervous to having a 13 a 11 and a newborn alone all at once. I'm sure that we will fall into the swing of things. Not sure how the beginning will be lol. They will probably help me until daddy gets home on the weekends.

BTW: IMO the planB pill is fine, however I cannot get on board with the girls who use and abuse it over and over again. Be abstinent or use birth control or condom.

• imageTrish625:
    imageRaquellyo:
    image1and1is3:

Hahah. That's hilarious. My husband and I also considered that name if LO would have been a girl. 

On a side note, I just awoke from an amazing Damon dream. I sure am going to miss these crazy pregnancy sex dreams! 

Mmmm Damon....

• imageLaineyPaney:

My UO: I think Glee sucks. So does The Voice & American Idol.

This...all of it.

• imagebowman958:
    Mine is that I dislike cats, I think they are demons straight from the underworld.  Kittens I am ok with.  But cats and all their discontent and contempt can shove it.

I am cracking up because I do not like cats either, and for the exact same reason. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:
    imagejerseygirl81:

imagemishy2006:

Mmmmm placenta cookies!

Not only are they delicious, but they are good in fiber and protein. 

• I'm annoyed with all the misinformation on hot button topics all over facebook.  When I comment to correct someone - even if I'm taking the SAME stance as them, they get very defensive. Am I the only one who researches something before I post it so I don't look like an idiot? Sheep.

Re: My only issue with the morning after pill being available to 15 yr olds is that they won't get any sort of counseling to have safe sex, not just to prevent pregnancy. Makes me cringe.

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll play today.

I don't like when grown men wear skinny jeans. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imoanimoan member
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imageRaquellyo:
    image1and1is3:

My DD is totally named after Brooke from One Tree Hill.  Haley WAS on  our list for this LO but I've since stopped liking it.  My first thought though was that I would get my secret wish to have my children named after the characters on that show.  I thought they all had great names.

Haley
    Brooke
    Peyton
    Nathan
    Lucas

:)

Dude... two of my favorite potential names were Peyton and Sawyer.  LMFAO! 

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • kasabbykasabby member

imageCNJ4EVA:

I don't really get it either. I try to but I just can't get in to it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imoanimoan member

I know this is probably not really UO with some of the more sane of this group... but I am side-eyeing the ever lovin' hell out of the crazy number of people who aren't full term yet or are JUST full term and are already talking about obsessively watching their dilation, talking about starting all the OWT tricks for inducing labor, scheduling an induction (unless medically necessary), etc.  You got pregnant knowing it's at LEAST 40 weeks.  Getting to 36 weeks and thinking "well, this is uncomfortable.  Let's get this show on the road" is the height of selfishness and wuss-dom.  We're ALL uncomfortable.  Unless you're uncomfortable because you have a legit medical issue... sit in the corner and shut up for a few more weeks.

I just can't get over the NUMBER of posts I see like this on The Bump once people hit 35 weeks.  I get you want to see your baby... but do you want to see your baby through the glass of the NICU?! 

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • imageeco+ri:

I'll play today.

I don't like when grown men wear skinny jeans. 

This exactly, oh and how about these....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"