Baby Names

re-thinking baby boy name

Hi there -- I had posted awhile back about a few names and we had thought we were going to go with Logan -- and it's a fine name, but it's just not 100%, "I love it" -- just wanted to hear your thoughts on Josh? Would you go Joshua as the full name?

Thanks
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: re-thinking baby boy name

• I prefer Logan a lot more, but if you're going to do Josh, definitely name him Joshua as a full name and call him Josh as a nn.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love, love, love Logan. It was on the top of our boys name list but we decided to name DS after my grandfather, Charlie. 
    I don't care for "Josh"... Joshua, I like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not a fan of the name Josh, but if you are going to use it go with the full name Joshua.
  • imageNerdyLucy:
    I prefer Logan a lot more, but if you're going to do Josh, definitely name him Joshua as a full name and call him Josh as a nn.

This for me, too.  However, Joshua nn Josh is a perfectly fine name so if you prefer it to Logan then I would definitely choose the one you love.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Logan better but if you go with Josh I would use Joshua
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• I like Joshua much more than just josh. I like Logan even more- it's DS's mn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Logan better but Josh next.  Not a big fan of Joshua.
  • MMW10MMW10 member
    Do you care about popularity? I'm an elementary school teacher, and we have a TON of Logans in all grade levels, but I hardly ever hear the names Josh or Joshua anymore.
  • I like both of them but I much prefer Joshua with your other son's name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Logan. Josh is nice I like Logan more.

• Joshua, NN Josh, is a beautiful name, I prefer it over Logan.
    Anniversary
  • capuletcapulet member
    I like Joshua (use the full name, I've never known someone just named Josh even if they always used their nickname) more than Logan.  Logan reminds me of the town in Utah - which is beautiful, actually, but that sets it firmly into random surname/place name territory for me and I'm not as fond of those as biblical names.  Both are currently popular, and actually I know several baby Joshuas, but Joshua has always been a classic.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • NL105NL105 member

Joshua Logan is nice.

Regardless, if you name your DS Joshua, he will be called Josh by 85% of the world throughout his life. You can't change that. So if you don't like Josh, then nix Joshua. I think the name itself is nice.

• I prefer Joshua over Logan.
  • kmplskmpls member

Not a fan of Josh. I like Logan!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"