Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What finger foods are your feeding your LO?

DS is almost 9 months.  He is over being spoon fed and wants to do it himself and he's pretty good at it.  I'm just looking for more go to soft foods.  What does your LO eat often?  

DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)

Re: What finger foods are your feeding your LO?

• alitriaalitria member

We feed DS most of what we eat.  I think he could eat his weight in Cheerios daily if I let him.  He LOVES to feed himself and those has really improved his fine motor.  Also, the pediatrician said they're fortified with lots of good stuff, so they're not a bad choice.

He also gets:

pretty much any kind of fruit, diced into small pieces

steamed or roasted veggies

tiny bits of toast covered with hummus

pasta, ditalini is an especially good shape (the tiny tubes you see in minestrone)

beans

tiny bites of meat, we've done chicken, turkey and pork so far

We're just starting dairy but pieces of shredded cheese or cottage cheese curds

Yesterday his babysitter said he chowed down a gluten free waffle

• Our LO eats primarily what we eat as long as its soft enough for him. He usually gets a cut up banana and whole grain cheerios for breakfast and then eats what we have the rest of the day. For snacks I give him whole grain Gerber Puffs, cheerios, or shredded cheddar cheese.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD loves blueberries. We've also given her steamed veggies and tiny cubes of cheese. I've also scrambled up an egg yoke with a little cheese, and she did not like the egg! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mainly steamed peas, carrots, grilled cheese broken up into pieces, tuna fish sandwiches broken up, puffs and blueberries.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DS loves finger food and started hating being spoon fed at about 9 months. The first foods we tried were banana, avocado, and bread. He'll eat everything put in front of him. We've tried pancakes, eggs, chicken, turkey, ham, steamed sweet potatoes and carrots, pizza, pasta, and tomato sauce. He loves feeding himself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"