Baby Names

Payton/Peyton ?

DH just threw this name out there, I'm just not sure.

What do you think? Boy or Girl ? "A" or "E" ? or just a big fat "no"?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Payton/Peyton ?

• It's not my favorite, but I don't hate it. I've seen it for both genders, and with both spellings.
  • It's "okay". I like it more for a girl, and the E spelling.  That's how I've seen it most often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not a fan of this name, unisex names confuse me. I've seen worse though.
    Anniversary
  • I think a is for a boy (like Payton Manning) and e is for a girl.  It's nms either way, but that's usually the way I've seen it.
    Anniversary 
  • I love the name Payton/Peyton and I've seen both spellings on females and males. In my opinion I like Peyton for a boy and Payton for a girl

• I think it's just OK, and that it will sound dated in 10 years time.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• saham07saham07 member

Payton for a girl

Peyton for a boy

i see it about 50/50 for boys and girls 

• imageHelenahhandbasket:
    I think it's just OK, and that it will sound dated in 10 years time.

this. I just think trendy trendy trendy 

• Dislike.  I just can't get past the Peyton Place imagery.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's nms but I don't dislike it. For some reason Payton looks like a girl to me and Peyton looks like a boy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loathe this name.

I just hear this mom I know calling to her son 'PAY-ANNNN" because when you say it quickly, you don't really pronounce the T.

• Thanks for all the feedback! I just don't think I love the name, it's cute but not sure if its for our kid. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmpireceo:
    I think a is for a boy like Payton Manning and e is for a girl. nbsp;It's nms either way, but that's usually the way I've seen it.

I believe it's the opposite, Peyton Manning spells his name with an e.
    TTC#1 since April 2011. BFP 6/1/12, mmc discovered 7/17, D&E 7/20/12
  • As a former teacher, it's a big no for me.  One year I had a boy Payton and a girl Peyton in the same class, so I kind of associate those spellings with "a" for boy and "e" for girl.  The names were kind of lumped in with all of the Ayden/Brayden/Hayden/Jaydens that I also had just due to the -on ending. 
  • This is one of my all time most hated names.
  • NL105NL105 member
    A girlfriend from highschool recently named her DD Peyton Elizabeth. I've never heard of the name until the FB player Peyton Manning came to light. Then I always considered it a boys name. I wouldn't consider the name at all though, it's NMS.
  • lisamoelisamoe member

I like it.  I don't immediately think boy or girl- if I had to pick I would go with boy (mostly due to Peyton Manning). 

I prefer the Peyton spelling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"