February 2013 Moms

Summer PJ's?

Our little girl is 2 months, she has slept in footed sleepers from the start. With summer coming and warmer weather, what should we use for pj's?

We will have the a/c on set around 70 but she is upstairs so her room is a little warmer.

Thanks for any advice/help. Hope you are all enjoying motherhood!!

Re: Summer PJ's?

• I put my daughter in a onesie and a single layer Aden and Anais sleep sack or just a onesie, depending on how warm it is. But she has her daddy's New England blood, and seems to need close to nothing to sleep in, even in the winter...
  • We live in the South, in the city with one wall unit in our small one bedroom apartment so depending on the temp:

A diaper

A diaper and a muslin swaddle

A diaper and a onesie and a muslin swaddle

A diaper and a onesie and socks and a muslin swaddle

The rule is one more item of clothing than I have on (the swaddle counts as a blanket, so if she is just in a diaper that means that it is sweltering and I am in bed naked with no covers - it's happened once and will likely happen a lot come July)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had her in a onesie (short or long sleeved, depending) and a warm fuzzy sleep sack.

Now that it's warmer I go for a thin gerber footed sleeper OR a onesie and lightweight sleepsack (no arms). When it's warm I also put the fan on low for air circulation and white noise. 

• onesie.  We just do a onesie year round for pjs.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are in the south, but my LO likes to be warm. We do lightweight cotton footed pjs, the summer onesie woombie and a light swaddle on his bottom half. I keep the ceiling fan on full blast. We're in the process of unswaddling, so just light cotton footed pjs after that. LO is 9 weeks.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Onesie and a lightweight sleep sack.  If you go with just a diaper, I suggest using a diaper cover as well...they learn quickly how to pull the Velcro tabs!
  • imageeatdrinkstretch:
    I put my daughter in a onesie and a single layer Aden and Anais sleep sack or just a onesie, depending on how warm it is. But she has her daddy's New England blood, and seems to need close to nothing to sleep in, even in the winter...

[this] last night she slept in just a diaper and her sleep sac 

imageimage
    Me:32 DH:33 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
    Mommy Graphics
  • I'm putting my DS in a onsie and his swaddle. It's hot here until the sun goes down. It's like that all summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"