February 2012 Moms

GTKY

1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles?

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor?

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something?

6.  Who are you closest to in your family?

7.  Are you close to your siblings?

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY

• 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?

we called my mom's friends by their first name - they were more like aunts and uncles to us  

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  

we have always called them aunt or uncle first name and still do 

because it is how we refer to them to our kids and because it is what we do (h does the same thing in his family) so our kids will as well 

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor?

they will call them by their last name - for instance one of our neighbors we are close with so we call him mr john and his wife ms by her first name.  but our other neighbor we aren't as close so he will call them mr. jones 

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something?

this is hard because my dad isn't close to us at all but my son remembers him from the few times they have met so he asked me what he is supposed to call him so i think we will say grandpa last name.   

my mom (besides h of course) 

not at all to my sister - she's got issues and my brother and i were best friends until i started to date his friends haha but we are on great terms now and talk about once a week usually via text but sometimes we call 

technically h since he had some married in and then adopted so he is technically 1 of 5 and i am 1 of 3

• laclynlaclyn member

1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?

My parents didnt really have friends that werent my friends parents. I just called them by their first names.

A little bit of both depending on the day. Some days it was Uncle Doug and other days just Doug.

Unlce Austin and Auntie Linds

Cooper will call my friends by their first names. Other adults would be Ms. Sally or Mr. Mike

First names only

My mom

Very!

I do. I have 3 and he has 2.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesapphirebride06:

Mr or Ms First Name for almost all 

Uncle/Aunt X 

Uncle/Aunt X 

friends, Mr/Ms first name, other's maybe mr/ms last name 

we don't really have this situation so IDK 

my dad 

no siblings 

DH, 3 brothers including one half-brother 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?

Mr or Mrs Last Name

Aunt First Name or Uncle First Name

Right now, just their first name, but I think we are going to start inserting the Uncle and Aunt part.  It was too hard for my DS to call my brother and sister by Uncle ____ and Aunt _____, since it was long.  But now that he's a little older, we're trying to add them back in.  I like adding Uncle or Aunt in front of the name.

Ms. first name is becoming pretty popular.  My next door neighbor's kids call me Ms. first name, and I kind of like it.  It's not too formal, but it also shows some respect, which I think is important.  On the other hand, my DH hates it and thinks it's weird.  Oh well. Different strokes.  

We don't have any, which is kind of nice.  

My mom

Very close to my brother, but not so close to my sister.  Had a falling out with her last year when she wouldn't let my then 3 month old DD come to her wedding.  

DH - he is the youngest of 4, I am the middle of 3. 

• Thank you for doin ga GTKY...my students are taking the state test today and I am super bored :) 

1. When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends? Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name? Mr or Mrs Last name, still do. My mom made us

2. Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name? Aunt Joyce 

3. What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? Uncle Adam, Aunt Beth

4. What will your kid(s) call your friends? What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor? Mrs/Mr last name. Or Ms. first name

5. What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something? Good question, probably just their first name

6. Who are you closest to in your family? my mom

7. Are you close to your siblings? I guess so, we don't live near one another but talk a few times a week on the phone

8. Who has more siblings - you or H? each have 1 sibling

Mr. or Ms. First Name

We always used Aunt or Uncle except for my uncle that's 6 years older than me.  He's just First Name

Aunt ___ Uncle ___

For our BFF's they will call her Aunt __ Uncle ____.  Everyone else Mr. or Ms. First Name

We don't have this situation.  We had one uncle from a divorce that we still called uncle.  He's my cousin's dad and it would be disrespectful to call him by his first name and rude to change to Mr. in my opinion. 

My sister.

Yes, I only have a sister.

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H? DH - 6 brothers and 1 sister.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesapphirebride06:

Usually it was just first name, sometimes it was mr/mrs first name 

all but my aunt Amanda have aunt in front.  Aunt Amanda was too much to say when we were younger. 

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? We use Aunt or Uncle except with my sister Angie because like I said above, Aunt Angie is too much for the young ones.

SD usually calls the neighbors Mrs. first name but she is getting really close to them lately and it's usually just first name 

probably wouldn't change the name if it was something that happened after they had a name for them already.  not sure about it if it was a divorce before 

mom or little sister 

very.  little sister and I talk daily and I talk to the others weekly.  My whole family is super close.  it was a lot for DH to handle at first. 

by birth we are the same but I have a lot more by marriage.  I have 1 "real" and 4 step and all are married. 

• lancyjolancyjo member

1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name? However they were introduced to me. (or how they introduced themselves to me)

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  Mostly just their first names. I have one aunt (Kathy) who is Kak-Kak, and it was started by a cousin a few years older than me. It's just what I've always called her. Her husband (Jim) is called Miggy. It's probably juvenile to still call them those naems, but I simply can't go to their real names after 25 years of calling them by these "pet names".

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? My sister is "Aunt Z" (her name is Kenzie), but will probably just end up being "Z". Other than that, any other aunts/uncles will just be called by their first names. (because of our crazy IL drama, we aren't close with hubs' brother and his wife right now)

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor? My friends will be called by their first names. Other adults will either be by their first names or Mr. or Mrs. Lastname, depending on the situation.

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something? Well, hopefully Aria will never meet my dad... and if she does, I halfway hope she calls him something rude.

6.  Who are you closest to in your family? Assuming we're excluding husbands... my sister.

7.  Are you close to your siblings? Yep. I have one sister, and we've gotten closer as we get older. I adore her and I'm so incredibly proud of her.

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H? We each have one sibling. I have a younger sister, he has an older brother.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name? Mr or mrs last name

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  Aunt so and so.  DH's family doesn't and I found it rude at first.

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? Aunts are CIA CIA on my side (pronounced chitcha). Otherwise aunt and uncle first name.

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor?  Certain friends are aunts and uncles.  Otherwise by first name I guess.

6.  Who are you closest to in your family? My mom and grandma

7.  Are you close to your siblings? Yup

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H? Me

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bump burp
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?  ETA: Reading fail. I called my parents friends by their first names.

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?   I've always said Aunt and Uncle.

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? Aunt/Uncle First name.

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor? My closest friends are "Aunt"/"Uncle" First name. I expect them to use Mr./Mrs. Last name unless told otherwise.

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something? This doesn't really apply, but I would assume it'd be a case by case event.

6.  Who are you closest to in your family? My parents

7.  Are you close to your siblings? Yes and No. We don't see each other a lot (I live in OH and he's in AZ) and don't talk every day, but we always know what's going on in each others lives.

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H? DH. He has 5 sisters, I have 1 brother.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name? Mostly by Mr/Mrs First Name. 

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  By Aunt/Uncle First Name. 

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? Aunt/Uncle First Name. BILs go likes to call him just "Uncle" and it makes me batty.

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor? We have a few close friends that will be referred to as Aunt/Uncle First Name. Others will be Mr/Ms/Mrs First Name. 

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something? Probably Grandma/Grandpa First Name. 

6.  Who are you closest to in your family? I'm closest with my sister but she doesn't love nearby. We see BIL the most.

7.  Are you close to your siblings? Yes. 

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H? I do.

I called them by their first names.

Just by their first name

By their first name.  

Probably by their first name.

Not sure.... I don't think we have any relatives that we are not close to.

Other than my husband, my parents.

I'm closer to one of my brothers than the other, but they both live far away, so I don't get to see them much.

I have 2 brothers, H is an only child

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends? I called them by their first names.

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  to their faces it was just their first names. Sometimes if I was talking to my mom or something I would say "aunt so and so".

3.  What will your kids call their aunts and uncles? Probably just their first names.

4.  What will your kids call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a coworker or neighbor? My best friend and DHs cousin and their spouse's are aunts and uncles. Most people will be first names, with a few exceptions. If I call them Mr or Mrs then Anna will too.

5.  What will/do your kids call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you for instance in a divorce or something? Well Anna's "Pap" and mamaw are my ex step dad and his new wife. He was married to my mom for 17 years and I'm still very close to him and his new family. I have a pretty loose definition of family, if you still want to be in our lives after a divorce then you are still family to me!

6.  Who are you closest to in your family? It used to be my aunt, but she passed 4 years ago. Now its probably my father and step mom.

7.  Are you close to your siblings? I'm pretty close to my half brother. I have several step siblings I'm decently close to, but its not as close as my brother for sure.

8.  Who has more siblings you or H? Me. I have like 11 step siblings and onehalf brother, DH just has one brother.
  • 1. When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends? Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name? Just first names

2. Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name? My moms side we used Aunt/Uncle, my dads side...just first names 

3. What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles? just first names

4. What will your kid(s) call your friends? What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor? first names only

5. What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something? first names

6. Who are you closest to in your family? my 2 sisters

7. Are you close to your siblings? very close to my 2 sisters, fairly close to my 2 brothers

8. Who has more siblings - you or H? I have 4, DH only has 1 sister

• 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?  It depended on the friend.  Some friend's parents were Mr/Mrs Last Name, others were Mr/Mrs First Name, and still others were just first name.

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?   Growing up I called them Aunt/Uncle Name.  If I am speaking to them, I still use Aunt/Uncle.  However, if I am talking about them to someone else, I just use first name.

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles?  Aunt or Uncle First Name

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor?  Two of my friends and their husbands are Aunt/Uncle.  We see them more frequently/they have more to do with DD than her actual Aunts/Uncles.  Another friend will just be Lauren (first name).  Other adults will be Mr/Mrs First Name.

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something?  If they are Aunt/Uncle, that is what they will be called regardless of how close they are to me/DH/DD.

6.  Who are you closest to in your family?  Right now, a tie between my mom and sister.  I see my mom more but talk to/email with my sister daily.

7.  Are you close to your siblings?  Now that we are older, yes.  We talk/email/text almost daily.

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H?   We each have one sibling - he has a brother and I have a sister.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  When you were growing up what did you call your parent's friends?  Mr or Mrs Last Name, by their first name, or Mr or Ms First Name?  Depends on who it was. . .mostly Mr. or Mrs. last name

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?   Aunt/Uncle First name.  That's what I still do most of the time, but sometimes I do just use their first name.

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles?  Aunt or Uncle First Name

It really depends on the person.  Most of my friends I'll have the kids call them by Mr. or Mrs. first name or just their first name.  For people they don't see as often Mr. or Mrs. first name unless I think they want to be called by their last name.

I know that some people (that I teach with) get all offended when people refer to them by their first name, but I think it's silly.  Call me by my first name, I don't care.  If you want to show respect add the Mr. or Mrs. to my first name.  I'd have my students call me by my first name except it's not they way things are typically done and I don't feel like rocking the boat.

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something?  I can't think of anyone like this. . . but I suppose whatever they were is what'd we'd call them. (so Uncle ___)

6.  Who are you closest to in your family?  Hand down my mom.

7.  Are you close to your siblings?  I'm an only.

8.  Who has more siblings - you or H?   H-  He's got a sister and 2 brother and I've got none.

BabyFruit Ticker

• lyhmgt3lyhmgt3 member

1. My dad's friends all had nicknames so that's what we called them.  My mom's friends were usually Miss/Mrs so and so.

2.  Now I call most of my aunts/uncles by their first name only.

3. So far, they call them Aunt/Uncle so and so (although there are a few exceptions)

4. Miss/Mrs so and so (again, there are some exceptions)

5. They are all close to us. Extended family would be mostly be miss/mr

6.closest to my mom

7. My brother and I are reasonably close but don't talk often.  

8. DH has more sibs. 

• coybigcoybig member

in the neighborhood it was just by their first name.  however, two of my close friends growing up had teachers as parents, so it was still Mr. and Mrs. even during the summer

2.  Did/do you call your aunts/uncles Aunt Mary/Uncle George or just by their first name?  just their first name

3.  What will your kid(s) call their aunts and uncles?  not sure if A/U will lead.  I suppose it's whatever they pick up on

4.  What will your kid(s) call your friends?  What about other adults they meet they might not see that often like a co-worker or neighbor?  probably by first name... especially neighbors, since I don't even know their last names.

5.  What will/do your kid(s) call grandparents or aunts/uncles that are not that close to you - for instance in a divorce or something?  again, probably just whatever they pick up on.

probably my mom now

not as close now that we all live spread out

kle does by one

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"