March 2013 Moms

Warming bottles

What is the best way to warm a bottle out in public? I breastfeed so when we go out to eat I take milk from the fridge so it's cold. I put the bottle in hot water in the restaurant bathroom but that just feels gross and not every place has really hot water. Is there a better alternative?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Warming bottles

• We have left the truck running with the heater going and the bottle in front of it. I have also asked for a cup of water from the coffee machine depending on where you are. My mom gave me a bottle warmer that plugs into the car but we always forget it in DS's closet so I can't tell you if its worth the money.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It only has to be body temp, so I've just tucked them in an inner pocket for a little while.  

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Loading the player...
  • Do the bottles have to be warm? Ds apparently has no preference for temp as he will take bottles at any temp from fresh from the boobs to straight from the fridge.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • with DS1 we had a bottle warmer... Can't remeber the brand, but I hated it.. It was maybe munchkin? it was a pouch that has a heat pad that you wrapped around the bottle this really did not work with the Playtex ventaire bottles. I have a different warmer this time... Haven't used it yet.

I also sometimes would heat a bottle REALLY hot before leaving the house so it would be warm when I would need it.

I also would sometimes as a waitress for a glass of hot water... Rarely would the cup be big enough to fit the bottle.. Or it'd be filled to the top.

Good luck!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• If you're at a restaurant, I would just ask them for a cup of hot water to use. Does your DS care if it's really warm? DS1 never had a preference and even just rubbing the bottle a bit in my hands, enough to let the fat swirl back in, was fine for him.
  • toriwctoriwc member
    Both of my kids have taken their bottles straight from the fridge, but I EFF, so not sure if that lessens their pickiness as opposed if they were used to the breast temp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It can sit out at room temp for up to 5hrs. Just take it out a few hours before you know you'll need it and it will be perfect!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    It can sit out at room temp for up to 5hrs. Just take it out a few hours before you know you'll need it and it will be perfect!

This! 

• Lex703Lex703 member
    imagebookitup:
    We have the Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle Warmer. It's super cheap on Target right now! It's pretty nice I boil the water before leaving the house and it stays warm for at least 6 hours.nbsp; You basically pour the water into the top cover of the container and sit the bottle into it to warm it up.nbsp; I even poured the water back into the thermos after using it, and the water stayed warm enough to use several hours later when I got home.nbsp; It's kind of an awkward size to fit in a diaper bag, but it's definitely worth it for us.nbsp; Sometimes I even use it for night feedings when taking a bottle from the fridge.

This!
  • NovOwlNovOwl member
    As the waiter/waitress for hot water in a tea pot and an empty bowl... bottles don't always fit in a mug. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"