High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

complete placenta previa

Hey! I am 15w4d pregnant with my second baby. Saturday I went to the ER with some bleeding. I followed up with my doc today and it was confirmed that I have complete placenta previa. I have a TON of restrictions, not exactly easy with a 21 month old running around! I wanted to know if any of you had experience with placenta previa and if yours corrected itself! I am praying that it moves up SOON! Thanks!

Re: complete placenta previa

• Options
    I had a complete placenta previa that was still complete at 28 weeks but by my 30 week ultrasound it had moved to 3cm away and I was taken off all restrictions so you still have lots of time for it to move. Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mine was diagnosed at 11 weeks and I was put on bed rest for bleeding. I was having large gushes and cramping. I still have it at 32 weeks (my ticker is a few days off). 

ETA: I still have the complete previa. Not the bleeding, that stopped. I occasionally spot but I get an ultrasound every 3 weeks soI'm not concerned about the spotting.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was diagnosed at 14 weeks with a bleed in the ER. At my a/s exactly 20 weeks it had moved to a safe position. Good luck!
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I had a cpp that never moved.  But, the only restriction I was on until 33 weeks was pelvic rest.  An ER dr told me not to lift anything over 5 lbs right after a bleed, but my regular ob just said pelvic rest.  What restrictions did they give you?
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    4Reels4Reels member
    Pelvic rest, no lifting, no exercising, no walking long distance, no spending a lot of time in the heat... She was tempted to put me on bedrest Monday at my appointment, but said if I follow directions and rest and have no more bleeds, then no bed rest... for now! We'll see!
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    I had complete previa diagnosed at my a/s at 18weeks. At that point I was told pelvic rest and not to lift my son. At 31weeks I had a bleed and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. I was sent home on bedrest. My husband and family helped a lot with my son, but it was still hard. My daughter was born at 36weeks via c section since I still had complete previa. My dr told me that around 90-95% of previas move up as your uterus grows, I was just in the small percentage that didn't. Good luck!
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi I'm 20wks pregnant and  was just diagnosed with placenta previa complete at my a/s u/s my doctor has put me on pelvic rest and said they'll be doing another u/s at 28wks to see if it has moved if not they'll have to schedule a c/s.

I was really disappointed at first because I had planned a natural birth but i'm praying and have faith that God will work it all out. 

I've been experiencing stinging pain and cramping when I stand up so i've been laying down as much as possible.

I pray that we will all have good news to report to each other soon and that these placenta's move to there normal position. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"