May 2013 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Let's hear some good ones!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    WTF MIL, your son and I are adults and can come and go as we please. We do not need to inform you if we are running errands after work and will not be home at our normal time.

We do not live under your roof, so there is no obligation for us to keep you updated with our schedules.

Stop stalking!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WTF, DH? I love you dearly but if I have to play the "roll DH over every 5 minutes because he's snoring" game one more night this week I'm gonna lose my sh!t. It's hard enough for me to sleep without your incredibly loud snoring every time you deviate from sleeping on your side. Do something about this, please!
    He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imagebeaubecca:
    WTF hospital staff. You bring me into the waiting room while you prep DH for surgery, telling me you will get me in 30 minutes before he goes in. An hour later and I am freaking out. Finally find a nurse who tells me he got taken to surgery without calling me first.

Luckily he's out and in recovery now but way to give a pregnant lady a heart attack thinking something went wrong.

That is not cool! I'm glad he's ok!

WTF self? Go to the flipping grocery store. Stop scrounging! And then feeling sorry for yourself that the meal wasn't satisfying.
  • imageCNJ4EVA:
    WTF MIL, your son and I are adults and can come and go as we please. We do not need to inform you if we are running errands after work and will not be home at our normal time. We do not live under your roof, so there is no obligation for us to keep you updated with our schedules. Stop stalking!

Creeeeepy! 

• WTF body and LO: For the first time in months I was feeling up for a little romance with DH and you get into a position and makes it completely impossible for us to find a comfortable way to do anything about it. Then you completely flip and flop all night long so I can't sleep too. 

WTF seasonal allergies. My DD1 doesn't want you around neither does her mother. It makes her miserable and difficult to take her outside to play.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • WTF Morons on the overcrowded train--it would be a lot easier for you to get on if you would allow people to get off first.  And those of you standing and blocking the door, step off for a minute to let people get off.  I know there is no room on the train, but I'd really rather not go additional stops because you don't feel like moving or you insist on pushing your way in before allowing people to get off.

And speaking of which, WTF Metro--you have a 35 year old transit system that you have done no maintanence on in what, 35 years?  Are you really surprised that there are track problems or mechanical issues Every. Single. Day. 

Also, Metro, you have bus schedules, how come the buses never come close to getting to the stops on time?  Someone today commented that the bus was early.  Well, yes, because they wanted the 6:34 bus and got on the 6:24 bus that came at 6:30.  Early for them, maybe, but late for me. 

The unsubsidized $13 a day for parking is starting to look really good right now compared to dealing with this (rap for the next 2 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepearlsonthebeach:
    WTF, DH? I love you dearly but if I have to play the "roll DH over every 5 minutes because he's snoring" game one more night this week I'm gonna lose my sh!t. It's hard enough for me to sleep without your incredibly loud snoring every time you deviate from sleeping on your side. Do something about this, please!

My DH got kicked out of the bed and into the guest room back in November...between the snoring and the fact that every time I woke up, it work him up, so he would also get out of bed to pee.  Then, just as I would be settling back in he would get back in bed and start tossing and turning and shaking the bed and making me nauseous (1st tri) and uncomfortable (after that), it just wasn't worth it.  Also, he would take up three-quarters of the bed and I'd be on the edge and he'd say I'm taking up most of the bed when I was nearly falling out.  Doesn't work anymore with my belly.

We both sleep better now.

He thinks he's coming back in bed when the baby is born...I'm thinking he's not coming back in bed until we move and get a king size bed because there just isn't room for both of us in a queen.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemommacakes4u:
    WTF MIL. You claim to miss our girls yet you have made zero attempt to call them, try to see them, mail a letter nothing. Then you get butt hurt when we tell you that you will have to wait until we are ready for you to come see the new baby. Why should we bend over backwards for you when you can't even be a grandma. I know you can't stand me but don't take that out on my kids.

**HUGS** for you, that sounds really frustrating.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF parents- I love you to death but when you say to make sure to call when I go into labor so you can meet DH and I up at the hospital, how am I suppose to do that? You never answer even when I do call, I'm tired of getting your voicemail.

WTF appetite- You have been good this whole pregnancy and then all of a sudden you are wanting anything and everything.

WTF body- Stop with the false labor crap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • imagebeaubecca:
    WTF hospital staff. You bring me into the waiting room while you prep DH for surgery, telling me you will get me in 30 minutes before he goes in. An hour later and I am freaking out. Finally find a nurse who tells me he got taken to surgery without calling me first.

This happened to us yesterday but in reverse. They put me in labor and delivery triage, and they told SO they'd come get him in 15 mins. Nearly an hour later, he was freaking out in the waiting room. Not a happy daddy!

WTF MIL.... you cannot MAKE us call you for every single appointment or trip to LandD when you admit it makes you so nervous you almost make yourself puke. Stop asking every single time we talk to you. We'll call you when we know we're having a baby soon...and really that's only because your son wants to. I'd rather you stay at home until, I don't know, next year!

• kasabbykasabby member
    Lots of MIL posts today. I will add mine. WTF MIL--you booked a trip out of the country  the last week of May and call to tell us it is already booked and we have to take care of H's niece that lives with you while you are gone. That's nice. This should be fun with a newborn. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF Families - Calling / texting / e-mailing every day just to see if you get a response is annoying.  I have interwebs on my cell phone and will probably still reply even if I am sitting in a hospital room.  Your stalking is a failure.

WTF Dog - The recycling bin is empty and locked.  Bouncing it around the kitchen is annoying.

WTF Everyone - I have an exam Friday morning that HAS to be taken in order to be considered for a job.  Quit telling me that I am going to go into labor before then. LO understands that she needs 2 working parents and is going to hold out until the exam is over at 1pm.

BabyName Ticker
  • WTF headcoldbaby on bladder3 night's no sleep=cranky. Saturday I got a horrible cold with vomiting fever sore thoart the works. Now I just have an obnoxious cough that has me running to the bathroom every half hour baby on bladder and keeping myself and my husband up all night. I tried sleeping on the couch last night so he could sleep but no good. Finally going to take something for it I can't go 4 days like this.
  • WTF dearest friend, I am bewildered as to why you text me just to say and I quote, "here's hoping you don't get anal incontinence" and nothing else. I love you to bits but even that tested the boundaries of my humour. Here's hoping you stand on a plug!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ALP514ALP514 member

WTF Nurse at the doctors office. When i called yesterday you told me to bring my 24 hr urine catch to the dr office this morning. When I arrive I am greated with "What is she doing here" and " We didnt know about this". 

My advice to you dear nurse is to communicate with your co-workers and be a little bit more peachy. TIA 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Had another JUST happen.

WTF H - If LO isn't here by 5/8 we will induce.  So you tell me this morning that on 5/11 you are planning a 5 hour motorcycle breakfast ride with the other riders.  First, that's a j3rk thing to do leaving me home with a 3 day old. And second, it's a j3rk thing to do something fun without me after I just gave you a child.

BabyName Ticker
  • WTF pollen. Stop clogging up my face.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • jayro10jayro10 member
    WTF, SILs? After totally dropping the ball on planning a surprise anniversary party for your parents, you now just declare that everyone will come to OUR house for dinner this weekend? I'm wise to your ways. You do it that way so that H and I are left in charge of buying and cooking the meal while you show up with a store bought pasta salad and sit your asses on my new couch while your children get into everything. Did you forget that I'm about to have a baby?!

WTF, DH for not telling your sisters to plan dinner at one of their own houses since we are ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY.

What is with everyone's in laws today?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • emmy236emmy236 member
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    WTF MIL, your son and I are adults and can come and go as we please. We do not need to inform you if we are running errands after work and will not be home at our normal time.

We do not live under your roof, so there is no obligation for us to keep you updated with our schedules.

Stop stalking!

I feel your pain. My mother in law tells me everything I got for the baby is frivolous and over the top like custom wall decals, monogrammed items, the trendy stroller, etc but then asks me where I got them or tells me to buy them for my SIL who threw a complete fit when we said we were expecting and announced that she hated children, never would have them and hoped my baby would be ugly and autistic. Yeah she got pregnant immediately after and now expects to be given everything I have but won't pay for it. My MIL also canceled her plans to be present for the birth of my baby, her first grandchild, because she had travel plans she wanted to get in before SILs baby comes.
  • WTF boss? You give me a huge project for an event for your other company, say you'll pay me extra for it, and then I see you giving other people checks for their work at this event and I still haven't been paid. I really hate having to remind you that you need to pay me, and I feel it was very much in poor taste to hand checks out right in front of me.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh inlaws!

WTF FIL: MH is busy making dinner, I am setting the table while nursing one baby, my mom is holding the other baby and trying to get the boys ready for dinner and you just sit there on the couch.  After dinner repeat: MH and my mom are cleaning up while I feed another baby and try to get the boys picking up stuff before bed and you just sit on your butt watching it all.  So glad MH finally said something nasty to you about it but "well how am I supposed to know what you need help with?" isn't really an answer.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WTF fellow workers - LEARN TO PARK! I passed no fewer than 10 would-be parking spots this morning in the garage because you d-bags can't figure out how park using only one space. Newsflash - your car isn't that nice that you need to take up 2 spots.  

• imageFaitheliza:
    WTF buyer for our house. We are supposed to be moving in EIGHT days. Make up your damn mind about whether or not you actually want to go through with this closing. You.are.KILLING.me.

We are going through a similar thing with the sellers of the house we put an offer on.  They seem to just be stringing us along.  We still have an out from the contract, but we've been looking and can't find anything we like as much.  I hope we both hear something soon and get the show on the road.  I'd really like to be able to start moving into the house over the summer while on maternity with a non-mobile child.  We really had wanted to be able to move before he gets here, but since settlement will be at least 30 days out, that's not happening because I'm not letting him stay in 30 more days. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageslweaver0626:
    Had another JUST happen.nbsp;WTF H If LO isn't here by 5/8 we will induce.nbsp; So you tell me this morning that on 5/11 you are planning a 5 hour motorcycle breakfast ride with the other riders.nbsp; First, that's a j3rk thing to do leaving me home with a 3 day old. And second, it's a j3rk thing to do something fun without me after I just gave you a child.

Not to jinx you or anything, but if you have a long induction and your LO doesn't come right away, you could possibly still be in the hospital or in the process of coming home. I'd have to kick him where the sun don't shine for that stunt!

• imagekasabby:
    Lots of MIL posts today. I will add mine. WTF MIL--you booked a trip out of the country  the last week of May and call to tell us it is already booked and we have to take care of H's niece that lives with you while you are gone. That's nice. This should be fun with a newborn. 

I would be flipping out!! I wouldn't even consider taking your niece, and tell them they never discussed it with you. It sucks because it's not your niece's fault, but I would tell your MIL to find some other relative or close friend to watch her. 

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageHimandMeplus3:
    imageslweaver0626:
    Had another JUST happen.nbsp;WTF H If LO isn't here by 5/8 we will induce.nbsp; So you tell me this morning that on 5/11 you are planning a 5 hour motorcycle breakfast ride with the other riders.nbsp; First, that's a j3rk thing to do leaving me home with a 3 day old. And second, it's a j3rk thing to do something fun without me after I just gave you a child.
    Not to jinx you or anything, but if you have a long induction and your LO doesn't come right away, you could possibly still be in the hospital or in the process of coming home. I'd have to kick him where the sun don't shine for that stunt!

H and I are pretty respectful of each other's plans, but this time I told him no.  I have never done that before.  I'm hoping he figures it out and doesn't go anywhere.

BabyName Ticker
  • imageCRLSMC2011:
    WTF Morons on the overcrowded trainit would be a lot easier for you to get on if you would allow people to get off first.nbsp; And those of you standing and blocking the door, step off for a minute to let people get off.nbsp; I know there is no room on the train, but I'd really rather not go additional stops because you don't feel like moving or you insist on pushing your way in before allowing people to get off.
    And speaking of which, WTF Metroyou have a 35 year old transit system that you have done no maintanence on in what, 35 years?nbsp; Are you really surprised that there are track problems or mechanical issues Every. Single. Day.nbsp;
    Also, Metro, you have bus schedules, how come the buses never come close to getting to the stops on time?nbsp; Someone today commented that the bus was early.nbsp; Well, yes, because they wanted the 6:34 bus and got on the 6:24 bus that came at 6:30.nbsp; Early for them, maybe, but late for me.nbsp;
    The unsubsidized 13 a day for parking is starting to look really good right now compared to dealing with this rap for the next 2 weeks.

This is me every single morning! If parking wasn't 23 I'd totally drive. The train is horrible and passengers are horrible. I've gotten bumped and elbowed so many times because people squish themselves on.
  • imageemmy236:
    imageCNJ4EVA:

Stop stalking!

I feel your pain. My mother in law tells me everything I got for the baby is frivolous and over the top like custom wall decals, monogrammed items, the trendy stroller, etc but then asks me where I got them or tells me to buy them for my SIL who threw a complete fit when we said we were expecting and announced that she hated children, never would have them and hoped my baby would be ugly and autistic. Yeah she got pregnant immediately after and now expects to be given everything I have but won't pay for it. My MIL also canceled her plans to be present for the birth of my baby, her first grandchild, because she had travel plans she wanted to get in before SILs baby comes.

How dare she wish something like that on your child! I applaud you for not attacking her!!! I wouldn't give her crap even if she paid for it.
  • wtf pelvis. Stop your crap and woman up. Ladies have been doing this pregnancy thing since the beginning of time. I'm supposed to awe my DH with my amazing resilience. You're making me look like a pansyass.

wtf dog. Seriously? A week left and you go and eat the crotch out of my only truly comfy pair of pants? And they were clean!  Why couldn't you stick with DH's boxers. You are good at that!

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • WTF Cervix - all pregnancy you've given me grief and scared me into thinking I was going into PTL and now as I approach my 40th week you decide to stay thick and uncooperative so that I'm walking around miserable and tired 

WTF Contractions - I don't appreciate the pain and how irregular you are: 2 mins, then 20 mins is not active labor and therefore meaningless.  Either go away nd let me rest or come as the real thing

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll add my MIL one today too.

WTF MIL: We are having a baby and moving.  It is NOT a good time to come and visit. NO, you are not a helpful person. You are a big ball of stress that makes our entire family feel on edge when you are here. I'm not sure which I hope more, that I go into labor now so DH can tell you that now is not a good time and you have only a few hours with us, or that LO doesn't come until after you leave and you won't come to see her....unless we drive up the 5 hours to see you.  WTF ....you are only coming this way because you have training, not because you actually want to see us.

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"