Baby Names

B help

I need help with B names. We just decided on names a few weeks ago, before my uncle passed away unexpectedly. We've now scrapped what we had in order to name the babe in his honor.

We're team green, so need girl and boy options. Neither of us like really trendy or modern names, and that seems to be all we're finding. I love Benjamin, but H isn't on board at the moment. We both like Briona, Briar and Birdie for girls, but I feel like they all might be a little too unique.

I'm struggling. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
image"">imageimageimage

Re: B help

• Bridget

Bella

Bernadette

Bethany

Beverly

Blythe

Bianca

Blaire

Brianna

Bennett

Bryce 

Blake

Burton

Brendan

Brandon

Brian

Burke

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• pinchupinchu member

I like Brynn for a girl

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For a boy, I love Barrett, but that might veer on too modern?

I don't love your girls' choices, they all seem "trendy" and "modern" so I'm not quite sure what your definition of that is.  I like Beatrice and Bridget, both of which are more classic names.  

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblueyedwife:
    For a boy, I love Barrett, but that might veer on too modern? I don't love your girls' choices, they all seem "trendy" and "modern" so I'm not quite sure what your definition of that is.nbsp; I like Beatrice and Bridget, both of which are more classic names. nbsp;

See, I thought they were older names. What do I know?! lol

I also like Beatrice and Bernard, but my H hasn't weighed in, which makes me think he doesn't like them.
    image"">imageimageimage

• What is your uncle's name?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My uncle was Bruce.

My H suggested Buster ... yes very modern, but a name I've aaaaaaaalways loved. I declined bc as much as I love it, just no. lol it'll prob be a NN though ... Brice, which is too close, Brie, Basil, Bill and Bennett.

I think I like Bennett, but not as much as Benjamin. I don't love Brie, but like Briona as an alternative better. The others I'm not a big fan of, basically. We have a Betty already in the family, or I would vote Bette. I think we like Bella, but that makes me think Twilight for some reason.

ETA I also like Brit, Hebrew for covenant, but not Brittany. I was actually thinking more for a boy?
    image"">imageimageimage

• We're doing b names for the first boy and have been working on it for a while. Our front runners are Beauregard nn Beau and Benedict nn Ned. If you can search my posts I've done a couple on boy b names and have gotten a ton of suggestions. I love Bernadette for a girl and Bronwen has been a GP name for me. I also like Beryl and Belinda. I really like Birdie as a nn, I think for Elizabeth.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Briar for a girl!

girls- Bay, Bridget, Briony, Belle, Bette

boys- Bennett, Brennan, Birch, Bradley

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• bsinnobsinno member

I like my own name a lot. Its an gaelic name that is different enought but not super whacky

Bria

for boys I suggest Bennett, Baxter or Brandon nn Bran 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I googled "b name girl" and "b name boy" and came up with 4 pages of names for each gender.
  • imageManderlin923:

I love Briar for a girl!

girls- Bay, Bridget, Briony, Belle, Bette

boys- Bennett, Brennan, Birch, Bradley

I really like the suggestions of Briony and Bette, plus your earlier one for Beatrice.

I'm with you on Benjamin for a boy.

• imageDr.Loretta:
    I googled "b name girl" and "b name boy" and came up with 4 pages of names for each gender.

I feel like I've looked at every list on every google "baby name" B search option that comes up. Many it's seeing them in order, but they all run together and nothing stands out to me.

But thanks for the help?
    image"">imageimageimage

• imageMrsSteSte:
    ETA I also like Brit, Hebrew for covenant, but not Brittany. I was actually thinking more for a boy?

1) The pronunciation of Brit in Hebrew is more like "Breet" so that might not be what you're looking for.

2) I went to high school with a guy named Brit who was GORgeous, so I have good connotations with that name for a guy. I mean, jaw-droppingly good looking.  But dumb as a bag of rocks.  We used to say he was someone who you wanted around all the time, as long as his mouth was closed.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblu-eyedwife:

imageMrsSteSte:

1) The pronunciation of Brit in Hebrew is more like "Breet" so that might not be what you're looking for.

2) I went to high school with a guy named Brit who was GORgeous, so I have good connotations with that name for a guy. I mean, jaw-droppingly good looking.  But dumb as a bag of rocks.  We used to say he was someone who you wanted around all the time, as long as his mouth was closed.

We're Jewish, so I'm picking up what you're throwing down ::mobile, pretend I'm winky:: We'd prob use the English pronunciation, though, to minimize confusion and a life time of corrections for the poor kid.

I think one reason I like Benjamin so much is bc it's more biblical.
    image"">imageimageimage

• Brittney

Blair

Barbara

Blanca/Bianca

Bartholomew

Bruno 

Benedict

Anniversary
  • Briana is good for a girl if you're worried about going too out there. Brittany is common too, but I've never met a Brittany I liked so I'm not prone to like it.

I also like (for girls)

Briar

Bethany

Bianca

Brooke

Bella (but I get the twilight vibe too Ick!)

I went to HS with a girl named Bronwyn. I liked that but it's way out there.

Boys:

Benjamin

Brady

Bradley

Bennett (makes me think of a last name though)

Bentley

Brayden

Bryson (it's out there, and kinda close to Bruce though)

Brandon/Brendon

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"