October 2011 Moms

S/O Shoes, what size are your LOs feet?

I was just reading the sandals post and I'm suddenly wondering if DS has abnormally small feet. He is currently wearing size 4.5 with a good amount of room to grow. I bought him a pair of size 5 boots for his birthday because apparently I had no idea how to accurately measure and those are still wayyyy too big on him.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O Shoes, what size are your LOs feet?

• size 6 and narrow
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I didn't come on to this board until around the one year mark, so you probably don't recognize me, but welcome back!

DD is about the same as your LO. Her 4's are too small, but 5's are definitely too big. 4.5's are difficult to find around here, so I put her in a lot of Robeez, go bare foot, or use thicker socks with shoes.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • amyc216amyc216 member
    He's wearing a 6 wide

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemissyishere:
    I didn't come on to this board until around the one year mark, so you probably don't recognize me, but welcome back! DD is about the same as your LO. Her 4's are too small, but 5's are definitely too big. 4.5's are difficult to find around here, so I put her in a lot of Robeez, go bare foot, or use thicker socks with shoes.

Thanks!! Maybe it's from lurking, but I definitely recognize you and your awesome NPH/Elmo dance-a-thon Cool

Robeez are a really good idea. What size do you use for DD, 18-24mo? I'm looking forward to DS being a solid sz 5 so we don't have to teeter between the month and standard number sizing...so confusing and inconsistent.

• H is currently in a 4 but will probably be moving to a size 5 very soon which sucks because I just bought all of her summer shoes in a 4.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Size 3, maybe 3.5 ... I know we win for tiny feet!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds is in a 6 wide right now. I'll probably buy him some sandles in 6 1/2 W though because he will be moving up soon I think.
  • ally510ally510 member
    P is in the 95th percentile for height, yet her feet are really small. She is currently in a 4, but I think it's almost time to move up to the 4.5. It seems like there are a ton more options for sizes 5 and up, so I'm really looking forward to getting there.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She's in a size 5 and has really wide feet. She has a cute pair of yellow sandals that fit her in length, but her feet are too wide.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He just went up to a 5.5W.  I thought he had tiny feet, but I guess they're normal based on this thread.  
  • We just moved DS to a 5 from his 4 shoes last week.  He was 50th percentile for height and weight at his 18 month appointment in case that has any correlation.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6.5, but we are way past due to get him measured.  It's been about 4 months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagerubysue267:

Thanks!! Maybe it's from lurking, but I definitely recognize you and your awesome NPH/Elmo dance-a-thon Cool

Robeez are a really good idea. What size do you use for DD, 18-24mo? I'm looking forward to DS being a solid sz 5 so we don't have to teeter between the month and standard number sizing...so confusing and inconsistent.

Elmo/NPH duo is famous around TB from bumpies and bumpie kiddos, isn't he? 

She's in 12-18 month Robeez, and they are even a little big yet. Target also has a knock off Robeez brand.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I thought she was a 5 but she's still a 4 or 4.5
  • 7 wide. He's a big guy though.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We are currently in 4 and 4.5 shoes. The guy at shoe store actually made a comment about how small her feet are and that it's hard to find shoes for walkers that small.
  • imagerubysue267:
    I was just reading the sandals post and I'm suddenly wondering if DS has abnormally small feet. He is currently wearing size 4.5 with a good amount of room to grow. I bought him a pair of size 5 boots for his birthday because apparently I had no idea how to accurately measure and those are still wayyyy too big on him.

You could go to Steppin Out in the Columbia Mall to get his feet measured. It is on the top floor near Sears. One side of the store is all kids shoes but they don't have a huge selection for walkers under size 5. They have ordered smaller sizes for me if they are available but not in stock.
  • btsrc5btsrc5 member
    3.5.  Most of the 4s I have for her are way too big still, but a couple of them I can pull off with some thicker socks. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagemars37810:
    imagerubysue267:
    You could go to Steppin Out in the Columbia Mall to get his feet measured. It is on the top floor near Sears. One side of the store is all kids shoes but they don't have a huge selection for walkers under size 5. They have ordered smaller sizes for me if they are available but not in stock.

Great suggestion! I think we should have him formally sized since a lot our shoes are hand-me-downs or guess and check purchases. I think we'll head over there this weekend, thanks!

• jwls84jwls84 member
    imageWoodsie:
    Size 7 shoes, size 8 rainboots.

Really! Every rain boot I have for him, I have 5 pairs, all fit so big and fall off his feet. So we are opposite if you guys. Size 7 shoes and size 5 rainboots, that's weird right??? Oh and his winter boots are a size 6 but they are getting tight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS is currently wearing a size 6.5 medium in Stride Rite shoes. When his foot was measured a few months ago it was between 6-6.5. he still has some room in his 6.5 shoes. We got his sandals in a 7 and are keeping our fingers crossed that they will last through the summer.

I think that the brand of shoe can make a huge difference. My cousin got DS a pair of Converse in size 5 and he could still wear them last week (although that was the last time for him to wear them).

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • memo9memo9 member
    4-4.5 and narrow.  The SKR sandals I bought her are too wide Crying
  • 4.5 does seem small, but I am sure it won't always be that way.  As far as measuring, I've been taking DD to Stride Rite to get evaluated.  Most of her shoes are SR, whether I buy them in the store, online or discount stores like Marshalls, so I at least have some consistent expectations.

She is currently wearing 5.5W and 6W which have ample room to grow.   

ETA sentence structure 

• size 6 but my dd also has the top foot chunk so I need to buy them a little long to be able to shove her feet in
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • E is just big in general. She is now in a size 7 narrow.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • mamaZbomamaZbo member
    8 wide. It is hard to find shoes that size equipped to fit chunky toddler feet.
  • E is a 5.5 but will be in a 6 by the summer. 
  • We just moved up to a size 5 around 2 months ago. He was in 4's forever. Although he's going through a growth spurt right now, and I'm guessing that he'll move up to a 6 in another couple months.

• kagl08kagl08 member
    Size 6.5/7W. He's got big chunky feet. He's almost caught up to his 2.5 yr old sister who's in a 7.5.
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    DD is a 4.5 now.

• Size 5.

My friends son is 20 days older and he is almost in a 9!

Edited for wording
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    imagecrystaladult:

imageamyc216:
    He's wearing a 6 wide

This. Violet has man feet.

Another for man feet. They're even shaped like DH's! 

• We are almost out of the 4.5 stride-rites. Almost into the 5s.

She is a peanut. At 18 months she was 20lbs 12 ounces and 30.5"h, but those feet keep on growing.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• jwls84jwls84 member
    imageWoodsie:
    imagejwls84:
    imageWoodsie:
    Size 7 shoes, size 8 rainboots.

Really! Every rain boot I have for him, I have 5 pairs, all fit so big and fall off his feet. So we are opposite if you guys. Size 7 shoes and size 5 rainboots, that's weird right??? Oh and his winter boots are a size 6 but they are getting tight!

Weird, must be the brand. Or maybe does your DS have narrow feet? T has wide and fat feet, and cankles, so for us it's more an issue of actually getting his feet past the ankle part of the boot than the length of the foot part, if that makes sense. His shoes are all wide, skater type shoes because of his fat feet.

Yes, he has really narrow and long feet. His skinny feet probably can't keep those rainboots on! Oh well hopefully we don't need rainboots much longer!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My son has been in 6/6W for a couple months now but I think he's just about ready to move up...
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"