Pregnant after 35

Anyone with fair/light skin get a negra line?

I had been looking forward to the mark of pregnancy. Then, I read that women with fair complexions rarely get the dark line and that it is often associated with a folic acid deficiency. So I am light skinned and I took folic acid supplements.

Shall I give up hope of a negra line? 

Maybe my belly button will at least pop out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with fair/light skin get a negra line?

• I'm fair skinned and never got the line with either of my 2 previous pregnancies. I kept an innie belly button the whole time, too! Not really expecting it this time around, but you never know!!
  • I did not get it with my first..but I did with my second child.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am fair skinned, on my third pregnancy, and no linea negra ever.  I take prenatals with folic acid.  Also, no belly button popping here either.  Everyone is different though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am super fair and have line. It's funny because I wish that I didn't have it! Grass is always greener I guess! ;)
  • I am as pasty as they come - I had one last time.  I also was not a fan and was happy when it faded!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • I am fair skinned and had it with my last two pregnancies. I've never heard it being associated with a folic acid deficiency though...
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am pretty fair and have a very faint one below the belly button.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • I"m fair skinned and I have a super noticable one along with darkened skin in my armpit area. But no stretch marks :) Never heard of the folic acid thing 
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did with my first, but it was so faint I was probably the only one that noticed it. It's funny you were looking forward to it, my friends that did have visable linea negras hated them.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • I have not heard that about fair complexions. My good friend has very fair skin and she still has her linea negra 7 months after giving birth. I have medium skin tone and I don't have one. However, I do have a furry belly!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm pretty fair skinned and I have no line and I, like most pregnant women these days I'm guessing, take supplements with loads of folic acid.
  • It is funny, but yes...the negra lina always seemed like the natural sign of pregnancy! ...and I always thought it would look neat in maternity photos! 

...maybe I will henna one on :> 

• Yes, I'm very fair skinned and got the linea negra in my 1st pg.  It was at the end though - maybe the last month?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! Maybe I will get it late in pregnancy too. 

it would be neat to get that picture on the beach in a sun hat with a linea negra! 

• tig594tig594 member
    Also fair skinned and I didn't get it.  My belly button didn't pop out either but I only gained 19 pounds when I was pregnant.
  • I'm very fair and blonde. No line. I keeping looking for it!
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

lurking..

I didn't get it until my last trimester. And it didn't go away until about 5mos pp!

I am very fair and therefore the line was very light.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I'm very fair (I always wear the lightest color foundation in any type of makeup) and have no visible line.  But the skin around my belly button looks weird (like I can see veins or something) and the veins on my chest are grossly noticeable (more than usual).
  • My line is so faint you can barely see it and it was my hubby who pointed it out I never noticed it.  I am very pale and have to really look to even see it.  My belly button never popped out with both pregnancies.  It just goes completely flat. It is all flat now and will go back to its regular shape once this little one is born.  It might show up later mine did not show up until later in this pregnancy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"