May 2013 Moms

Our Little Guy Arrived! (PIPs)

Short story: Macallen Paul was born vaginally on April 28th, 2013 at 11:05 am weighing in at 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 21.5 inches long. Baby and I are both doing well!

Long story: I was one of the moms that had a birth plan, and while I still advocate ensuring you know what you want before going into labor, I realize just how quickly things can change. The day before I gave birth my husband and I spent the evening relaxing on the couch until about midnight. At 5 in the morning I woke up with what I thought was "back pain". I continued to refer to this "back pain" which my husband quickly realized was back labor. I was in denial. I texted my doula and said I was feeling fine and that it was hurting, but I was doing ok. She suggested to get in the bath and that I may just be uncomfortable. I honestly did not think I was having contractions (and looking back on that I realize how ridiculous that sounds, because I ended up on all fours a lot begging my husband to push on my lower back).

My husband convinced me to go to the hospital to "get checked" knowing full well I was in labor. I kept putting it off and telling him that I wanted to wait until I was in labor, because I did not want to get turned around at the hospital because of not being far enough along. 

Well, we made it to the hospital with me not only being far enough along to stay, but I was already dilated 10 cm at a 1.5 station (even if I wanted an epidural, there was no time for one)! I was in shock, but they got me hooked up to the IV and monitors and less than an hour and a half later Macallen was born. We had a few complications during the quick progress because of me being GBS positive, and him getting stuck. We almost had to do a C-section because  of him being stuck, but instead, we got a little help from the vacuum. A few pushes combined with that vacuum and he was here!

Bottom line is that the birth plan where I brought my exercise ball to the hospital and walked the halls with my doula to progress labor never happened. We didn't even have time to get our bags into the hospital before our son arrived. Crazy experience, but definitely the best day of my life.

And now, what you are really here for: 

MPD in the Bassinet

MPD Sleeping on Mom

Coming Home Outfit

Re: Our Little Guy Arrived! (PIPs)

• burkemsburkems member
    He is so, so beautiful. Congratulations, mama. I'm so glad your husband could be there for the birth!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • rsage53rsage53 member
    You must be super woman! :)  I love that first picture!!  Congrats on your adorable bundle!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • April!April! member
    What a cutie! And, wow! Awesome story too! Congratulations!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!  He looks perfect!  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• cmurraycmurray member
    So so cute! congrats!
  • I think that is a great story.  You are such a tough cookie.  Congrats.  He is adorable and I love all the pictures.  Thanks for sharing.
  • He is adorable! And I am so glad your husband was home for the birth!! Congrats lady!
  • He is absolutely precious. I especially love that first photo. It needs to go on a wall ASAP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So beautiful and so glad everything turned out well! Congratulations!
  • He's to adorable! Congratulations mama.
  • motangmotang member
    Congratulations! Sounds like you got to the hospital just in time! I'm so glad your husband was there with you. He's precious! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I love the long version! And the pictures! So sweet. I'm so happy for you and your new family. :)
  • He is gorgeous! Congratulations!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• delinodelino member
    What a cutie pie! Congratulations!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He is lovely!

Im so glad your H got to be there for it!! 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • He is so cute, congrats!! Love your story too! At least now you can laugh about it.
  • holy crap, that was intense! congrats on your little squishy boy Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

congratulations!!!!

• Oh my goodness he is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! He's so cute and I LOVE that onesie in the last picture!!
  • Congrats, he is a cutie (:
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • He is just so cute!  Congrats!
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Great story!! He is also such a little cutie!! Congratulations ;
  • mbodymbody member
    Congrats!!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Congrats! It sounds like you are taking the change in plan really well!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Congratulations Lindsay! Macallen is adorable. Love the first picture - he looks so peaceful.
  • Congrats lindsay!!!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• KLJ3KLJ3 member
    Awesome! Congratulations on your beautiful boy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Congratulations on your beautiful baby!  So glad you are both doing well.  What a crazy birth story. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • congrats! he is so gorgeous!
  • Congratulations! Sounds like things moved efficiently and your son is adorable.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• babyo52babyo52 member
    Congratulations, He is beautiful
  • SOOOO cute!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • D&S724D&S724 member
    Congratulations! He's so handsome!
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • mytincmytinc member

Wonderful pictures!  He's just adorable!  I had to show my husband that onesie - it made me smile.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • I'm so happy for you! Glad your hubby was there!  Baby Boy is adorable Smile
  • Congrats!  Thanks for sharing!  I am so exicted to feel how you are feeling right now!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Congrats! He's beautiful!
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"