July 2013 Moms

Whoa.

Really hit me tonight that it's 12 weeks to go til my due date and I still have a lot left to do! A few books I wanted to read on breast feeding and parenting, a baby blanket that is currently about 6 inches long to finish, a nursery to finish decorating, lots of cleaning and reorganizing. I know none of this really matters, but wow, this really snuck up on me! I'm going to have a baby in my arms, Lord willing, in about 12 weeks! That's crazy!!

Anyone else hit with this overwhelmed feeling recently? I think it's worse because I'm hitting my busy season at work, so I know the next 5 to 6 weeks are basically a wash.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Whoa.

• I feel for you. My DH has been deployed and I haven't kept up with lots of things he will be home sooner then the baby so, I need to get a move on too.

• I have been feeling the same way. We still have not touched the room in my parents' house that will be the nursery until my hubby is back from deployment and done with his leave, I haven't been able to get my mother-in-law to get me addresses for my baby shower hostess so she can send out, and then I will need to continue looking for places to live back where DH is stationed since he doesn't want to live in on-post housing anymore. *sigh* I just feel like nothing is getting done ever :/
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • fabkfabk member
    I feel the same way. MH has decided to drag his feet on emptying out the baby's room. He is afraid to throw out the bed in there in case we have too many guests between now and June. I just want to get it done!
  • Yes! Woke up and freaked out.
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Glad I'm not alone! I was talking to DH about all this a bit before bed, and he calmed me down a lot. No one's going to die if I haven't read a book about breastfeeding or finished knitting a baby blanket. Breathe. It's true... but I still want to do those things!

I *may* run to BRU this weekend and pick up a few basic things to have the nursery ready enough in case he makes an appearance early... change pad for the dresser, mattress pad, etc. I highly doubt anyone will buy me those things for my shower anyways! :)

imageimage
  • imageaehamilton13:

Glad I'm not alone! I was talking to DH about all this a bit before bed, and he calmed me down a lot. No one's going to die if I haven't read a book about breastfeeding or finished knitting a baby blanket. Breathe. It's true... but I still want to do those things!

I *may* run to BRU this weekend and pick up a few basic things to have the nursery ready enough in case he makes an appearance early... change pad for the dresser, mattress pad, etc. I highly doubt anyone will buy me those things for my shower anyways! :)

Totally true.  I read a book last pregnancy and freaked about all the things that could go wrong.  Once he was here I ended up readin just the parts I needed while he was nursing and I wa stuck sitting there anyway.  With this second one I have a new list of must get dones, but the fact that I now only have 9 weeks left (assuming he's not 3 weeks early like his brother) I'm a bit overwhelmed too...again! In the end all that really matters is coming home healthy with a healthy baby.  Everything else will fall in to place. :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yeah, I'm there too - part of the reason I haven't been on here as much lately! We've got 9 weeks to go, assuming he doesn't come early, and we're in the middle of a 2-month stretch of no free weekends (and very few free evenings), and I'm trying to finish two partial dissertation chapters before he arrives! I'm trying to tell myself we don't have to have everything done before he's here, but it does get overwhelming sometimes. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • missyjgmissyjg member
    Yup, I have 8 weeks left due to RCS, and we haven't even started the nursery yet. We just got DD moved from the babies room so I'm a little overwhelmed. I have so much stuff (baby related and non baby related) that I'm not sure what to do with. It just gets so busy this time of year with graduations and weddings that I'm not sure when we will find the time.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• MRadsMRads member
    I'm 10 weeks to go. We only registered two weekends ago, and our shower is in a week. We haven't purchased anything for the baby. We don't have plans for when I go back to work in place. We do have a list of things to do and a timeline, so I'm confident that we can get done enough before the baby comes (unless he comes really early).

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Yes!  Pregnancy always goes fast to me, but this time,egads.  I have been working on our house since before I found out with little progress (thanks to my messy lazy husband) and now he is like "T Day crunch to get it done!.  Ummmm, and in the 3 days since saying that what has he done to "help".  Continued to leave his crap, garbage, and the like everywhere.  Has he washed his dishes, put clothes in the hamper or helped the kids with the toy pick up while I'm working on the clothes project and de-cluttering the rooms? NO.  I just talked to him and told him he better get his act together. He thinks because he has a huge belly he "knows" what it's like. UM, no!  I am so sick of picking stuff up off the floor and I'm itching to get the spare room done.  And now that the weather is warming up, I have outside stuff to add to my list. Eeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"