Breastfeeding
Options

Need to fit in pumping during a bachelorette party

I'm going to an all day long bachelorette party and can not wrap my mind around when I will pump.  I will bring all of my equipment plus plenty of ice packs and just find space and time to do it, but it is still stressing me out.  We are doing an all day long day spa excursion (mostly outdoors, thermal pools, etc) and then fondue.  With the drive I am assuming I will be gone around 12 hours with no home base, only public restrooms.  At least I have my car, I'm used to pumping during my commute...

Where/when have you pumped when you are out and about and away from LO for a long period of time?

Re: Need to fit in pumping during a bachelorette party

• Options

honestly...calm down!

i bet the spa will have plenty of places for you to pump...changing rooms, treatment rooms, etc.

just talk to someone when you get there and i am sure they will be more than accommodating. if you are super worried (like you seem), just call ahead of time and ask someone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your child is 8 months old so you may need to pump three times in 12 hours. First pump in car before you start at the spa, take a hand pump and pump once in the middle of the day and pump in car on way home. Should be easy. I had several events like this and once my DD was beyond 6 months it was a breeze. At this age missing a pump or spreading it out once is not going to kill your supply.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cltk12cltk12 member
    imagejenikas:

honestly...calm down!

i bet the spa will have plenty of places for you to pump...changing rooms, treatment rooms, etc.

just talk to someone when you get there and i am sure they will be more than accommodating. if you are super worried (like you seem), just call ahead of time and ask someone.

This.  It will be ok!  I know we all get worked up thinking about stuff like this, but really, once we get there, it's not a big deal.  

I co-hosted an overnight bacherlorette party for my BFF when DS was 4 months old.  I was so worried about pumping and it wasn't a big deal at all.  I didn't want to hold anyone up or make the bride feel like it was about me or anything.  I pumped just before the guests arrived to the hotel, then I pumped on the party-bus under a cover, and then pumped again once we got back to the hotel room under a cover again.  No one seemed to care and actually 3 other ladies said...oh, I remember having to do that!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went to a bachelorette party when my son was 5 months old and just excused myself from the group when I needed to pump.  We were at a hotel, so I just used one of the rooms and then went back and joined them.

Around the same time I went on a spa day with my mom.  I brought my pump and just went and pumped in the spa changing room when I needed to.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"