Baby Names

Girl Name!

We just found out we're having a girl and decided on Katelynn Elizabeth. Elizabeth is certain, the spelling of her first name however, is uncertain. But we know we want that name with a K

Re: Girl Name!

• I know you want a K name but my name is Caitlin so I'm all for it spelled this way.
  • I'm Katelyn. One n. So, of course, that is my preferred spelling - though I've at times wished I was a Caitlin.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Katelyn. We considered that for a girl with that spelling.
  • i like the K

Katelyn is better looking than Katelynn  (although as i'm typing it both are underlined and 'misspelled' according to spell check on here) so that might be annoying for her going through life always having it be auto corrected or spell checked 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I much prefer Katelyn to Katelynn.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Katelyn is our future girl name and we have this same problem.

If you want to use a K, then I like Katelyn, one n.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I  love love love the name but prefer the spelling Caitlin. If you really want to do a "K" I think Katelyn looks more simple and classic. Congrats on the girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it better with a K. And keep the 2 Ns

• Not a fan of Katelynn. I'd go with Caitlin.
    Anniversary
  • CAileenCAileen member
    As a Caitlin myself, i am always having to spell it out for people because there are just so many takes on it now. I say go for what you like, as spelling will likely always be up in the air.

image   image
    image    image

• imageIdani:
    For some reason when spelled Katelynn I tend to separate them some when I say it. KateLynn. I also prefer Caitlin. Or I would use Katherine. Katherine Elizabeth is beautiful.

I agree. Katelynn looks like two names smooshed together. You could go with Kaitlin!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• All the ones I know IRL spell it Kaitlyn (I know 3)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"