Breastfeeding

Which pacifiers??

What kind of pacifier is recommendeded for a breastfeeding baby? We had to introduce bottles pacifiers when LO was a few days old because he stayed in the SCN for jaundice under bili lights. So I was pumping and since my milk had just start to come in they had to supplement with formula, and give him a paci to soothe him. I just switched to the tommy tippee brands of bottles since they say they most resemble the breast. He is not bottle fed now, only a handful of times, but will be when I go back to work. Just looking for opinions!

Re: Which pacifiers??

• I don't know what's "recommended," but your LO will take whichever kind he wants!  If he likes whichever ones they gave him in the hospital, I would just stick with it.  We tried the avent soothies, playtex binkies, gumdrops, and finally the nuk orthodontics (which she took to immediately).  She'll still chew on the soothies once in awhile, but it has turned into more of a teething toy than a pacifier.
  • Dd1 got a better latch onto me when we switched to a Nuk pacifier.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • nahwnahw member
    imagekjsmith9:
    I don't know what's "recommended," but your LO will take whichever kind he wants! nbsp;If he likes whichever ones they gave him in the hospital, I would just stick with it. nbsp;We tried the avent soothies, playtex binkies, gumdrops, and finally the nuk orthodontics which she took to immediately. nbsp;She'll still chew on the soothies once in awhile, but it has turned into more of a teething toy than a pacifier.

I just thought maybe some pacifiers were better for EBF babies to help with nipple confusion.
  • I am using the Avent pacifiers. My lo was the same as yours. We are also using Tommy Tippee bottles. My lo loves the bottle. I EP and give him the bottle and have not had any problems. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • nahwnahw member
    imagemsktn95:
    I am using the Avent pacifiers. My lo was the same as yours. We are also using Tommy Tippee bottles. My lo loves the bottle. I EP and give him the bottle and have not had any problems.nbsp;

Do you use the regular Avent ones or the orthodontic?
  • Not sure if he promote breastfeeding or not but little man liked Nuks. I am still breastfeeding so it didn't hurt the breastfeeding relationship. We also tried gumdrops and soothies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried tommee tippee pacifier and DS hated it.  He likes NUK, and I think it improved his suction.
  • msktn95msktn95 member

imagenahw:
    imagemsktn95:
    I am using the Avent pacifiers. My lo was the same as yours. We are also using Tommy Tippee bottles. My lo loves the bottle. I EP and give him the bottle and have not had any problems.nbsp;
    Do you use the regular Avent ones or the orthodontic?

we use the regular ones. No problems.

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • We tried almost every brand out there.  My son would only take the Mams.  And we're still breastfeeding at almost 19 months.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"