May 2013 Moms

Pressure and hard to walk

Is anyone else having so much pressure below that at times it is difficult to walk. I certainly don't remember feeling this with my DD. The pressure can be pretty painful as well. Any tips, I'm up for trying them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Pressure and hard to walk

• Yep, my only solution has been to not walk around. But, then, I need to do that. :/

Seriously, though, feels like a bowling ball is lodged in my pelvis. Good news is, it means he's where he's supposed to be! 

He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes.  Awful.  Groin pain, pelvic pressure, swollen lady parts. I spoke with my MW about it today at my appt and said that having one child can stretch and loosen your pelvic muscles and your second baby doesn't have as much "support".  Which would explain the difference between #1 and #2.

She said it's all normal  Nothing to worry about.

I find that overdoing it one day can lead to pain the next day.  So just try and take it easy.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I feel that pressure after I sit and slouch for long periods of time. Getting up slowly and frequently helps me quite a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I totally feel this. Walking around and standing up is really painful as I can feel the baby's head below my pelvic and my crotch is very sore.

My doula had a couple of recommendations: using a wrap to lift up the tummy, having my dh use the wrap to pull and lift my stomach, and to lean on the birth ball kind of like in a yogic child pose.

I haven't tried any of these things to be honest, I am just soaking in epsom salts at night which I find very relaxing.

• Yeah it sucks. I thought I was just being a big baby until the doctor told me yesterday that he could feel the head on exam. I was like, okay that could be a good reason lol.
  • I am too having lots of pressure, I have to stop for a moment, or sit in chair for the afternoon at work. I did not feel anything like this with my first, Dr. said that is normal with 2nd pregnancy being that everything is already stretched out . Maternity belt didn't seem to help me even though everyone suggested it. Sorry, I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I am going through the same thing!
  • This is my first full term pregnancy and this pain and pressure has been horrendous for about a month and a half. I have become absolutely useless. I have a hard time even getting into my car lately and end up taking a bath and two showers daily just to relieve the pain. I ended up having to go on leave early from work because of it.

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"