November 2012 Moms

Transition from baby carrier to carseat?

Just curious- has anyone transitioned from using the baby carrier to the carseat yet? I'm thinking about removing the base for the baby carrier from my car, although it's so convenient being able to just carry LO with the baby carrier. He hasn't met the max limits for the weight or height yet.

LO is growing up too fast! :( 

Re: Transition from baby carrier to carseat?

• Exactly! LO just turned 5 months, and am wondering if it is time.
  • I've been looking into car seats since we will be needing one in the near future. The baby carrier is getting to be more of a hassle these days, LO is getting big and it's so heavy to carry her and the seat. And she's starting to dislike staying in it while we run errands. She'd rather be carried alone or sit big kid style in her stroller. But with all that said, our baby carrier goes all the way to 30 lbs sssoooo I don't know if we will make the switch before she hits 30lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our convertible seat was delivered yesterday. It looks huge! Now I just need to get up the courage to transition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm waiting till he hits one of the requirements before switching him. I've thought about it though but it seems like he might be safer in his infant carrier till he hits the max limit. 
    I don't use the base from my infant car seat because the seat doesn't fit in the car with it. It's also much easier to get him in and out since I don't have to pick up the carrier while leaning over to the middle. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I won't switch to the convertible until she gets too tall for the infant seat. It's just too convenient being able to pop her in and out when she falls asleep. Plus, DD#1 is still using our convertible seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll usually wear T and leave the carseat in the car. I only take it inside somewhere when he is sleeping.
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetechg0ddess:

I'm waiting till he hits one of the requirements before switching him. I've thought about it though but it seems like he might be safer in his infant carrier till he hits the max limit. 
    I don't use the base from my infant car seat because the seat doesn't fit in the car with it. It's also much easier to get him in and out since I don't have to pick up the carrier while leaning over to the middle. 

I'm confused......you mean you have the infant carseat ... that goes in a base.. but you don't use the base??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagetechg0ddess:

I'm waiting till he hits one of the requirements before switching him. I've thought about it though but it seems like he might be safer in his infant carrier till he hits the max limit. 

wait, what? How do you use it then? I thought all infant seats had bases that needed to be used to clip them in...

• imagecredcat7:
    imagetechg0ddess:

I'm confused......you mean you have the infant carseat ... that goes in a base.. but you don't use the base??

That would be correct. Most seats can be used without the base. It has those two slots on the sides  so the belt goes though and it's in the instruction manual :). It also show the correct positioning on the side for using the belts. The seat is secure without the base. With the base in the seat goes to far forward and I have to sit too close to the wheel which isn't good for anyone. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We switched LO1 at 9m, we had come to a point where the infant bucket seat never left the car anyway, so we made the switch. LO1 only weighs 26lbs, I can't remember how tall she is (mom fail) but I know she can still fit in the seat because she likes to sit in it while we are at home lol. 

We looked at convertible seats yesterday, but haven't bought another yet, we wanted to buy the same one we already have, but it won't fit RF, we may have to go with something else. Not sure yet. I think we will probably wait until 9m.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagetechg0ddess:
    imagecredcat7:
    imagetechg0ddess:

That would be correct. Most seats can be used without the base. It has those two slots on the sides  so the belt goes though and it's in the instruction manual :). It also show the correct positioning on the side for using the belts. The seat is secure without the base. With the base in the seat goes to far forward and I have to sit too close to the wheel which isn't good for anyone. 

That's good to know.. gonna be doing some reading on our model because it would be amazing for travel and rental cars NOT to have to use the base :).......if I felt secure of course

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm going to switch over soon because I can't haul 20 lbs. of handsome around like this much longer!  We already have two convertible car seats that I bought a few months ago, so we just have to put them in... One is a Safety First Air Protect 65, and the other is a Britax Pavilion 70.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • We just changed over this weekend. V was just getting too heavy for me to lift and carry. I am fortunate in that he transfers well when he is sleeping so this has not been an issue.

I am, however, not in love with the Britax Pavillion seat we purchased. The head support just seems too overbearing for my boy's 90% head....LOL. Going to give it another week and then might exchange it for a different Britax.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"