Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

last solid meal of the day?

I was just curious what others are doing as far as how much time between last meal (solid and liquid) of the day and bedtime.  I know my stomach doesn't feel good if I eat a big meal right before going to sleep and I'm sure its the same for LO. After our commute and picking LO up from MIL we get home about 7pm, I feed him dinner as soon as we walk in the door and then give him a 4 oz bottle before 8pm bedtime. Sometimes he's not hungry for the last bottle though since his cereal is so close to bedtime. I'm wondering if I should have MIL feed him his dinner before we pick him up and then give him a bottle when he gets home.  Would love for others to share their feeding schedule (solid and liquid) in relation to bedtime so I can get some ideas to try. TIA! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: last solid meal of the day?

• Options
    For us, I usually give solids at about 5:30pm, and then she nurses before she goes to bed at about 7pm. It might be easier for y'all to have your MIL to give him dinner. It seems like a bit of a tight timeline. If your LO gets a bath, when do you give a bath?

• Options

I only work 3-4 days a week so I usually give him a bath about 3 days a week on the days i'm off and just start a little earlier. I would like for his feedings to be fairly consistent from day to day especially the last feed of the day. We are still not on a consistent schedule. Sometimes he sleeps through the night and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't always wake at the same time every morning so the first feed is always at different times. He is always in bed by 8 so would like to start building a loose schedule around that if i can. thanks for your input!

imageJulesDiane:
    For us, I usually give solids at about 5:30pm, and then she nurses before she goes to bed at about 7pm. It might be easier for y'all to have your MIL to give him dinner. It seems like a bit of a tight timeline. If your LO gets a bath, when do you give a bath?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJulesDiane:
    For us, I usually give solids at about 5:30pm, and then she nurses before she goes to bed at about 7pm.

This is us exactly too.

• Options

I BF right when I get home from work, between 5-5:30. Then solids sometime around 6:30-7:00. Then he nurses to sleep at about 8:00. I honestly don't think he eats all that much when he eats at 8:00, but it is how he soothes himself to sleep. I know he takes in something, but I think it is like you mention, he doesn't want to stuff himself full at that time. FWIW, he sleeps through the night every night on this schedule, but if that last feeding was a bootle, I would have no idea how much to put in it.

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to try moving his solid feeding earlier!
  • Options
    I nurse DS around 6p, dinner (solids) at 6:30p, nurse again around 7:15-7:30p, off to bed 7:45-8p
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"