May 2013 Moms

Our little guy is here, on his own terms (PIP)

I'm not a frequent poster here, but I hope you won't mind if I AW our (not) May baby for a bit.

My due date was May 13, but our kiddo had other plans apparently, since my water broke on the morning of April 20, when I was 36 weeks and 5 days.  I was only dilated 1 cm so I had to go the pitocin route, and I asked for an epidural after I couldn't handle much longer of the feeling of my vag ripping in half.  I went from 4 to 8 cm in an hour, and was complete about 15 minutes after that.  After pushing about 30 minutes even though I didn't know what the heck I was doing due to being completely numb down there, Max entered the world being 6 lbs, 1 oz and 20 3/4 inches.

Even though he was early and technically a preemie, he didn't have to go to the NICU - the only extra thing they did was check his glucose levels, which were wonky for probably the first 24-30 hours or so.  They finally stabilized though, and we were cleared for discharge 2 days after birth.  The only complication I had was an inability to pee after delivery and having to be cathed a couple of times, followed by using a foley catheter for 24 hours.  That sucked big time.  But I could finally pee the morning of discharge and I'm sure the entire postpartum wing could hear the "WHOO HOO" coming from my bathroom.

Anyway, here's what you really opened this post for...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Our little guy is here, on his own terms (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"