Trouble TTC

Lap/Hyst tomorrow - words of wisdom?

Hello!  I have a lap & hystoroscopy tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks to some previous posts on here, I have a good idea of what to expect.  I know it shouldn't be too bad unless I experience gas pains...walking around some can ease the gas pains...bring a pillow for the ride home, etc.

Any other last-minute tips?  Did you have to sleep upright for a while afterwards?  How much bleeding should I expect?  I haven't worn big pads in forever...so aside from the pain afterwards, I'm just nervous I'll bleed a lot...

I'm just ready to get it over with!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: Lap/Hyst tomorrow - words of wisdom?

• No advice, but wanted to say good luck!
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • I had a lap to remove a cyst a couple months ago.

The first three days were the hardest for me.

Make sure you have everything you need within an arms reach while your in bed. I brought in a table. Bottles of water, your pills. Get gas medication too, snacks to take the pills with, tissue, lip balm, computer and or phone, books etc. getting in and out of bed was painful and just plain difficult. Your abs will ache.

Overall, recovery wasn't bad. Just remember its real surgery.

Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • No words of advice, just wanted to say good luck I've got you in my thoughts!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • No advice, but GL!!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • I had a lap in Jan. My advice is after surgery today start taking stool softeners. That made a world of difference for me.

I did sleep upright for the first night but other than that, I slept on my back or side. I am a stomach sleeper and could not sleep on my stomach for about 4-5 days. 

GL today! I found my recovery was easier than I expected it to be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!  I was able to sleep on my back just fine afterwards.  The problem I had was trying to sit up or get out of bed.  DH had to help me get up for a few days.  Hoping all goes well for you! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry, no experience, just wishing you good luck!
    TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)
    IUI #1-3 - Low Post-Wash Counts - All BFNs
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI: Long Lupron Protocol - Freeze-All Cycle due to Severe OHSS
    ER 4/27, 33 Eggs Retrieved, 13 Frosties
    FET #1 6/5, Transferred One Perfect 4AA Blast, HPT BFP @ 6dp5dt
    Beta #1 - 209, Beta #2 - 508, Beta #3 - 1,059
    EDD 2/20/14
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My recliner was my home after my procedures. It was nice because I could drift off at any time without worrying about laying on my incisions.

Good luck!
    Me: 25 DH: 26 First-time Mom EDD 2/2/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    From May 18, 2013
  • I didn't have any problem sleeping like normal. I think I stayed away from my stomach for a night or two but side and flat on back were fine.

Stool softeners are a must. That was the worst pain for me. The constipation was worse than the gas pain. Drink lots of water. That helps move it along too.

Wear loose clothes to the procedure and for a couple days. I was swollen for about 5 days before I could fit into regular pants again.

Get your pain Rx filled beforehand. I was up and running around the next day but got tired pretty quick. By day 3 I was feeling fine except for the swelling and constipation. Otherwise, it was nice to get up and out of the house.

Good luck. Take it easy as I hope recovery goes fast!

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• I didn't have any gas pains, so here's hoping that you won't either! :)  I also didn't have any terrible acute pain after the surgery.  However I wouldn't say my recovery was that easy either.  I ended up needing 2 weeks off work.  I slept in a recliner for at least the first 5 days, and it was probably 2 weeks before I felt ok enough to sleep on my side.  I'm six weeks out and just started feeling ok enough to sleep on my stomach a bit.  I did have stage 3 endo removed with excision from 8 places with 4 incisions, so not everyone's recovery will take that long. 

I didn't bleed heavily after the surgery, but I did bleed for a long time (until my next period).  My first period after the surgery wasn't great.  I usually have 2 days of bad pain.  I only had 1 day, but the pain was probably worse than usual. 

I've had two surgeries now and both times developed a tickle in my throat/cough afterwards that has lasted for like 2 weeks.  That hurts!  So from now on I know to have cough drops or hard candy on hand and press a pillow to my belly when I cough.

Even though my recovery wasn't easy, the surgery was 100% worth it for me!  I just had the first pain-free period of my entire life, and it lasted 5 days instead of the usual 9-12.

Off BCP August 2010, NFP to avoid. Start TTC May 2011. TTA December 2011 - May 2012 doctor's orders :( TTC July 2012-January 2013. Currently pursuing Napro Technology. January 2013: Napro nurse is starting me on Vitex 3 DPO and Naproxen 8 DPO until my first appointment with the doctor. Based on my charts, they highly suspect endometriosis. image
  • Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate it.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I had my lap/hyst 2 weeks ago.I had scar tissue, polyps and a septate removed.

I didn't have any gas pains. The only pain I had was my stomach being sore from the procedure itself. I bled for about a week after the procedure. I didn't really have an option to take any time off (finishing up grad school and my internship) so I was back at it the next day. I couldn't walk very fast and sitting was the worst. So hopefully you are able to take some time off.

The first night of sleeping was the worst. I hurt a lot so I tossed and turned. I'm a stomach sleeper so that was also part of my problem. 

I'm 2 weeks out now and feeling back to normal. I was able to start running again after a week. 

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly!!

Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

• I had my lap/hys in oct. I was super nervous and anxious before surgery. It went incredibly well had surgery on thurs went back to work in tues could have went back mon but it was a holiday. I was able to sleep in a bed that night not propped up. I did walk around here and there during the day. I do not think I had any bleeding if I did it wasn't much.
    GL! Rest up.
    TTC since June 2011
    SA - Normal CD3 Bloodwork - Normal HSG- All clear!
    July 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+TI = BFN
    August 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    September 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    October 4th LAP - Mild Endo - All Removed
    Treatment Break 3 cycles = BFN
    1st Treatment Cycle Post Lap --
    February 2013 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    March 2013 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    April 2013 Break Cycle ~~~ May 2013 Meet with RE discuss next steps
    July 2013 IVF ~ Stims start 6/28

ER 7/10 20R/14M/14F
    Day 3 - 10 Embryos
    ET 7/15 Transferred 1 Blast on day 5 - Froze 6
    7/24 Beta 1 150 7/26 Beta 2 313 7/30 Beta 3 1,084 Beta 4 3,000 Beta 5 8,120 1st U/S 8/8 image
  • Lap/hyst is a breeze. You will feel sore and tired for a few days, but I went back to work after 1 week. I had Endo removed from my left tub and a septum removed from my uterus.

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"