Baby Showers

Virtual Baby Showers?!

I saw this on facebook (name has been changed). Surly this isn't going to start becoming a "thing." BTW this is her second child and her husband has 2 or 3 kids from another marriage........

Hmm

This is a virtual baby shower!! No actual party will happen. Instead you are invited to mail in baby shower gifts to Mary's address during a week period. After the week is over a picture of all the gifts will be posted so that everyone can see!!

Showered with love: I would like for all the gifts to arrive within the same week for the shower effect!!

Best of both worlds: All the fun of seeing a baby spoiled with great gifts but no silly games! Or travel!!!!

Mary's address, due date, and sex of baby.

Re: Virtual Baby Showers?!

• So basically I want all of you to send me gifts but I really do not want to see you/spend time with you.  . . .. 

I like the request to be sure that they all arrive in the same week. That's klassy 

image image

• Please, please tell me the mother-to-be is not the one who sent this out!  It's horrible regardless, but that would make it so much worse.

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Loading the player...
  • imageShelleyBQ:
    Please, please tell me the mother-to-be is not the one who sent this out!  It's horrible regardless, but that would make it so much worse.

She didn't create the event. BUT, she is posting under the event quite often. So, I guess at least she didn't make it herself, ha.

• imageBliss+Berry:
    Sweet Jesus.

Exactly. I went ahead and clutched my fab pearls over this monstrosity. GROSS.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageiggles09:

So basically I want all of you to send me gifts but I really do not want to see you/spend time with you.  . . .. 

I like the request to be sure that they all arrive in the same week. That's klassy 

Nicely put, I strongly agree. 

• imageEstwd2:
    So it's not even a Skype shower? She's just posting a picture of all the gifts? Holy shiit snacks!

Nope, not Skype! She isn't on bedrest or anything else that would possibly make this acceptable!

• Wow Im new at all this but I got intense remarks for my last baby shower post so I know mothers wont like this one but It doesnt make sense.

• So I get no actual cake, but she'd like an actual gift? Virtually disasterous!
  • I am absolutely disgusted by this and would have NO issue telling her so on her event page.

• I'd be tempted to write on the wall saying she's invited to mail me gifts too.  Could also be fun to print a picture of yourself in a repeat pattern for wrapping paper, and say "Can't get out of seeing my ugly mug if you want a gift."  Opt for one with bug-eyes.
  • You should send a virtual gift.  Here is a picture of a baby taking a shower. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCRLSMC2011:
    You should send a virtual gift.  Here is a picture of a baby taking a shower. 

LOL.

That's just gross. I can't believe anyone has the nerve to even ask for a "shower" like this.  

• imageCRLSMC2011:

LOL.

That's just gross. I can't believe anyone has the nerve to even ask for a "shower" like this.  

• Well I had a similar shower before, but I think the details made it okay.  One of our family members was having a baby and she was the only one that lived out of state about 15hrs away so it was highly unlikely anyone would attend an actual shower but of course we all wanted to be there and shower her with baby stuff.  We did get a proper invitation in the mail telling us is was a mail shower and we were all supposed to send the gifts the same week so she would be "showered" which I was late on but I thought since it wasn't in person no harm.

It would have been nice if she posted the pics of what she got so we could ohh and ahh over the items.

Now if she lived within a couple of hours and tried to have a virtual shower that would be ridic.

• imagemsspeedymarie:
    imageKristinBrichacek:

Well I had a similar shower before, but I think the details made it okay.  One of our family members was having a baby and she was the only one that lived out of state about 15hrs away so it was highly unlikely anyone would attend an actual shower but of course we all wanted to be there and shower her with baby stuff.  We did get a proper invitation in the mail telling us is was a mail shower and we were all supposed to send the gifts the same week so she would be "showered" which I was late on but I thought since it wasn't in person no harm.

It would have been nice if she posted the pics of what she got so we could ohh and ahh over the items.

Now if she lived within a couple of hours and tried to have a virtual shower that would be ridic.

No, it's not okay that she sent you a "proper invite" to send her a gift, regardless of where she lived.

Sending someone a fancy letter requesting a gift is totally rude, period. A shower is not a requirement. If you don't have people around to throw one, or live too far from your family to have one, you don't get one. If people WANT to give a gift, they will. You don't ask for one.

Precisely. A proper shower should entail adequate entertainment (food, activity, games if that is their fancy) as a thank you to the guests who were kind enough to spend their money on a gift and time on attendance. To have a virtual shower, whether by photo or Skype, is like saying, "I want you to spend money on me, but we don't want to properly thank you or spend time with you." Lame.

And speedy, I love you for your Shelden siggy.

• imageCRLSMC2011:

That's what I would do, and add the note: A virtual gift for your virtual baby shower!

Seriously, unless you are on bedrest (or hospital confined, or some other legitimate issue), I wouldn't buy a gift for a person that does this.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• JontueJontue member
    imageCRLSMC2011:
    You should send a virtual gift.nbsp; Here is a picture of a baby taking a shower.nbsp;

Yes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"