March 2013 Moms

Screaming baby!

I'm losing my mind!! LO refuses to nap during the day screams basically the moment I stop feeding him. We EBF he refuses to use a pacifier and won't eat formula. So I don't think he's actually this hungry. It's like maybe he'd nap if he'd stop screaming, but I can't take it! I put him down and he screams, I try waiting it out a little only to have a screaming, bright red, sweaty, inconsolable little guy. It breaks my heart but we've tried everything!

Re: Screaming baby!

• Have you tried a warm bath?
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • I feel for you...my LO is like this some days and other days she sleeps the day away.  Today was a screaming day...we ended up going for a drive so she would fall asleep, then I brought her inside and she slept in her carseat for almost 3 hours. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So jealous! He's not a fan of the actual bath, but seems calm a bit later. Going for a drive is hit or miss for us. Sometimes he crashes almost as soon as we put him in the seat and the rest of the time it doesn't seem to calm him at all. Can a baby actually be hungry every 20 minutes?! I mean I guess he could, but then shouldn't he show interest in a bottle?
  • Is he going through a growth spurt? My normally very happy lo is very cranky today and wants to nurse all the time. She was 6 weeks on Saturday. We ebf, but luckily she'll take a paci. I can usually tell the difference between hungry and tired cries. I just keep thinking, " This will pass." Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He'll be a month on the 3rd, so it could be, maybe. He's been like this for about 3 days. He just seems so pained when we try to put him down.
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    He'll be a month on the 3rd, so it could be, maybe. He's been like this for about 3 days. He just seems so pained when we try to put him down.
    there's a 3 week growth spurt he could be hitting.  Do you have a sling you can wear him in?   
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Personally, I would make an appt. with his pedi and have him checked over.  A screaming baby could mean that he isn't feeling well. 
  • imagetmsgrl:
    Personally, I would make an appt. with his pedi and have him checked over.nbsp; A screaming baby could mean that he isn't feeling well.nbsp;

I haven't yet, he doesn't have a fever or spit up excessively. I keep thinking it could be mostly gas cause he kicks pulls up his legs a lot will squirm around until he gets some out.
  • Our LO wouldn't take a paci either and we tried a bunch of different kinds that were the expensive brands. She finally started taking one of the tiny cheap ones. You might want to play around with different pacis because that helped us a lot! She likes to suck constantly too and I thought she might just be hungry as well but I am finding that it has been more for comfort. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imagehorsevaulter:
    Our LO wouldn't take a paci either and we tried a bunch of different kinds that were the expensive brands. She finally started taking one of the tiny cheap ones. You might want to play around with different pacis because that helped us a lot! She likes to suck constantly too and I thought she might just be hungry as well but I am finding that it has been more for comfort. GL!

i read somewhere that it's not only the type of Paci's but also when you introduce them. DD isn't paci dependent and will usually suck on her hands if she needs to suck-she'll take them if she's calm and in the carrier but when she spits it out she doesn't really need it back.  I think it said when you introduce the pacifier you want to introduce it after a feed, or sometime when LO is calm, since trying to introduce it when they are screaming may just make them MORE mad. Also ny DD doesn't prefer the curved pacis-she will take soothies and avents

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • The format on this is probably going to suck because I'm on mobile, but have you tried the happiest baby on the block methods? These are lifesavers for us:
    Swaddling: Tight swaddling provides the continuous touching and support your baby is used to experiencing within the womb.
    Side/stomach position: The infant is placed on their left side to assist in digestion, or on their stomach to provide reassuring support. But never use the stomach position for putting your baby to sleep, cautions Karp. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome SIDS is linked to stomachdown sleep positions. When a baby is in a stomach down position do not leave them even for a moment.
    Shushing sounds: These imitate the continual whooshing sound made by the blood flowing through arteries near the womb.
    Swinging: Newborns are used to the swinging motions within their mothers womb, so entering the gravity driven world of the outside is like a sailor adapting to land after nine months at sea. Its disorienting and unnatural, says Karp. Rocking, car rides, and other swinging movements all can help.
    Sucking: Sucking has its effects deep within the nervous system, notes Karp, and triggers the calming reflex and releases natural chemicals within the brain.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mine wanted to nurse all the time in his 3rd week, and wouldn't take anything but me, so I feel you. Just let LO nurse, camp out on the couch in front of the TV with everything you need:book, snacks, somethong to drnk, lap top,  TV remote, phone and charger, ect...See if it helps.

• imageVirginiaJoshua11052011:
    mine wanted to nurse all the time in his 3rd week, and wouldn't take anything but me, so I feel you. Just let LOnbsp;nurse, camp out on the couch in front of the TVnbsp;with everything you need:book, snacks, somethong to drnk, lap top,nbsp; TV remote, phone and charger, ect...See if it helps.

How long does this last? I can barely accomplish anything lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"