April 2013 Moms

OMG the screaming.

DH just had to tell me to walk away and he took over, ebcause I was near tears.

James, like clockwork, screams his head off from about 7-11 PM every night.  It is insane.  He's been fed, changed, bathed, snuggled, taken his acid reflux meds, had some colic calm (does no good), and just cries and cries and cries.  We bounce, we walk ,we swaddle, we unswaddle, we sing, we shush.....

I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: OMG the screaming.

• Ava was like this. Until she was 8 weeks she cried 10 to 12 hours a day. I am so sorry you're going through it. What finally worked for her was probiotics. We mixed it with a bottle of breast milk once a day. Hang in there because it will get better, I promise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I broke down in tears 2 times today because DD was so fussy for hours and hours and I just didn't know what to do for her besides all of the obvious, diaper change, feed, etc.  She was also up all night last night which didn't help matters.

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies
    Dh got him down, then he woke up crying again. I think he's asleep on my chest now but I'm afraid to move and wake him.

Did your doc prescribe the probiotics or did you buy them OTC?

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have no help. Just wanted to say I'm so sorry. That's really hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJSS1002:
    Thanks ladies
    Dh got him down, then he woke up crying again. I think he's asleep on my chest now but I'm afraid to move and wake him.

Did your doc prescribe the probiotics or did you buy them OTC?

We get them at Whole Foods in the refrigerated vitamins section. Mila is on them already.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Charlie was like that for several weeks around the newborn stage. It was ROUGH. DH was still taking classes and working full time so he wasn't home a lot of the time (he was supposed to be done by the time C was born, but then C came early and everything overlapped).

I wore him a lot, BF a lot, and oddly enough, he loved being outside. It was November and pretty darn cold, but it calmed him down so quickly. He was such a sensory junkie.

Hang in there. They all sleep eventually.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I'm right there with you. My LO is 4 weeks today and spends 5-10 pm every night screaming. Today I went to a mommy baby support group and asked about it...all the moms said they went through it or are going through it. Not fun.
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • imageChicagoBroad26:
    imageJSS1002:
    Thanks ladies Dh got him down, then he woke up crying again. I think he's asleep on my chest now but I'm afraid to move and wake him. Did your doc prescribe the probiotics or did you buy them OTC?
    We get them at Whole Foods in the refrigerated vitamins section. Mila is on them already.

The probiotic our pedi recommended is called bio Gaia and is available at Walgreens in the baby section.

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

AL Always Welcome

• I'm right there with you. The exhaustion and crying baby got the best of me last night and all I could do was cry. DH went and got some natural colic tablets to try tonight. I gave him one a few hours ago and it seemed to help calm him down pretty quickly. Hope you get through this phase quickly! It's rough!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went through this with DS. Another thing that helped, and its not for every baby, was white noise. We used the blow dryer. DS was so overstimulated by that time of day he needed the white noise to drown out all the other things going on around him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2011/10/1/my-baby-wont-stop-crying.html

Sorry not clicky.  

If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Hang in there, it's a rough phase but remember, "this too shall pass".

have you offered a pacifier?  A pp mentioned it, but when dd1 was like that, stepping outside often seemed to quiet her.  You mentioned bouncing- are you using an exercise ball?  Those deep bounces of me sitting on the ball and bouncing with her helped a bit too.   Cluster feed?  Swaddle and a very loud white noise sound machine would be other things I'd try. But unfortunately,sometimes they just cry and doesn't mean you are doing a thing wrong.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with taking a walk outside if possible. Or driving. I know gas costs a fortune right now but I've heard it works for some people with super colicky babies! Good luck and hang in there! This is a very challenging and frustrating thing to deal with as parents!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I've been in tears too, and I feel like I'm close to loosing it. She just won't stop and I've tried everything. SO went back to Philadelphia and now I'm along, no help. I just wish I knew how to calm her. They say newborns cry because they need something but I can't figure out what's wrong with her. I do everything for her including light touching to soothe her and nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"