March 2013 Moms

Baby acne

My baby girl has it and seems to have gotten worse over the past few days. Anyone know of anything that helps or do I just let it go away on its own?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby acne

• My pedi said to just leave it alone. It's just your hormones exiting her body and it will clear up on its own.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My baby has it too, he has for the past 3 weeks. I brought him to the ped bc I thought it was a rash! Lol, first time mom here. Anyway, my ped said to leave it alone too, but I want it gone!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. My dr said to wash it twice a day with a warm rag no soap. I also switched to Aveeno baby wash that is for sensitive skin. It worked wonders on his chest. It took about 3 weeks but it is gone now.
  • Pedi said hydrocortisone ok. Or leave it alone. I put baby aquaphor it worked but I might have caught it going away...
  • I used aveeno baby eczema therapy on my baby's face and it worked great. My baby pretty much had it all over his face. He still gets them but is only one here and there. My pedi said it was ok to use.
  • All 3 of mine have had it and it usually goes away after a few weeks just don't mess with it. Oh and Fwiw, when a baby gets warm it can kind of flare up/look worse which is normal and usually once they cool off it becomes less red so if it looks worse after a bath or after snuggling on your chest that's why.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just called my pedi about this today because my dd had what seemed like baby acne but it seemed to spread and get progressively worse. They told me to get some 1 hydrocortisone cream to use twice daily and if I didn't see any improvement within the next day or two bring her in so they can check it out. Hope this helps!
  • THANK YOU mamas! It def has looked worse over the last few days, but I'm pretty sure it's because the weather has warmed up a lot. Hope it goes away soon and hope the same for your little ones too! 3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dds was bad from 4-6 weeks, by 7 weeks it was gone. There is nothing you can really do, I tried breast milk, cleaning her face, ect. But pediatrician said its hormones working their way out, it will eventually go.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecgg0707:
    I used aveeno baby eczema therapy on my baby's face and it worked great. My baby pretty much had it all over his face. He still gets them but is only one here and there. My pedi said it was ok to use.

We've used this for both boys.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"