Pregnant after IF

Hemorrhoids...

Anyone else?  I thought I would be able to avoid them, but no....they decided to show up this weekend.  Two of them.  Ugh.  I'm not even sure what caused them, I really haven't had constipation or anything (a few times this pregnancy, but nothing regular).  All I can think is just weight from the uterus pressing down and extra blood flow--I feel pretty achy generally in my groin/pelvic area.

Any advice on what to do?  I'm lucky, so far they don't hurt, but they look terrifying!  Will these go away after birth?   

TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
image image image

Re: Hemorrhoids...

• I think I got them around 25-30 weeks with DS. I've already got them this pregnancy. I haven't had any constipation problems with either pregnancy. They just happen. I like to use the calming version of Prep H paired with the Prep H wet wipes. Trying to wipe with toilet paper is horrific imo. The wet wipes really help. I've heard people say good things about Tucks wet wipes but honestly those just burn for me. They get worse and better. Hopefully you'll get some relief soon!
  • kaf7kaf7 member

Hi enddea

i had them just from baby, no constipation during PG.

take a sitz bath at least once a day when they are bugging you and ask your OB for something topical (I had procto.foam). They came and went in pg usually related to how much standing I was doing but they were the hardest part of my recovery post delivery. If you deliver vaginally make sure you have something for them on hand before leaving the hospital. GL. 

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh, yes I'm *enjoying* them now.  They started bothering me when I hadn't even been constipated, and I think it was just from extra weight pushing down.  They're not terrible (yet) but I imagine they will only get worse.  Fun, fun.

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Oh yeah, it's a fun time.  Use the medicated cream (I use the Target brand) and the medicated wipes (again I use the Target brand).  Mine have been from a combo of the weight and constipation.  I have been taking a stool softener throughout the entire pregnancy. 

And usually, once you get them they never really go away, although they become way less inflamed and won't hurt unless they get irritated again.

Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"