Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Scabby cheeks

We live in a very dry and windy climate and lately my baby boy's cheeks is constantly red and scabby. The baby products available here is also limited, only products such as "Elizabeth Anne's" and "Johnson's". I've tried using glycerine and vaceline (baby jelly) but this doesn't seem to moisturise his face enough. So if you could perhaps recommend a product, I will try to get my hands on it, otherwise a home remedy will also be appreciated. Please help, everyone who sees my baby probably thinks I'm neglecting his skin care.  

Re: Scabby cheeks

• I live in fl so it's very humid but someone gave me a gift and it had a Chapstick type thing for babies that was also for cheeks. It's by the same people that make butt paste. I think Boudreaux or something. But it seems very gentle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I live in a cold windy climate, so this happened to LO when she was a newborn in the winter. I used coconut oil a few times a day and it cleared up in a few days. Occasionally now they'll look rough, and I put some on and it goes away. Olive oil would probably work too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • coconut oil and vaseline worked for my LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just went through this myself. My daughter looked terrible and I felt the same way you do. I hated bringing her out, fearful people would think I was neglecting her. The dermatologist we saw had us go and buy Cetaphil RESTORADERM. Within two days of morning and evening applications the results were phenomenonial!!! Prior to that I had tried Aquaphor, Vitamin E, Coconut oil, Aveeno a slew of other products... Nothing worked. This did the trick!!! It must be the Restoraderm, not regular Cetaphil. Get the two products, wash and moisturizer, for best results. Good luck!!!
  • imagelyndsihutson:
    I live in fl so it's very humid but someone gave me a gift and it had a Chapstick type thing for babies that was also for cheeks. It's by the same people that make butt paste. I think Boudreaux or something. But it seems very gentle.

I think you mean Boudreaux's Baby Kisses Lip and Cheek Moisturizer...we have it too and it does seem pretty gentle. OP, the thing I've found that works the best for us is to put Aquaphor on her cheeks at night- if we do it during the day, it just rubs off with all the flailing she's doing

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Aquaphor for us. We use it for her eczema and it's helped the most out of everything we've tried. We were using Vaseline but the pedi said Aquaphor would be better, and it is!
  • Aquaphor for us, morning and night. We use it for her eczema and it's helped the most out of everything we've tried. We were using Vaseline but the pedi said Aquaphor would be better, and it is!
  • Cerave body wash and cream (the one in the tub). The derm recommended it for DD's eczema and it has done wonders.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"