June 2013 Moms

Dad in the tub with you?

BTDTs, if you used the tub during labor did you have DH/SO in with you? Did it help? Would you like to this time? Why or why not?

FTMs, do you plan to use the tub during labor (I HIGHLY recommend it). Are you going to have DH/SO in with you?

I had a thought last night that I really want DH to be sitting behind me in the tub, rubbing my shoulders or my arms or just stroking my hair. So I told DH we needed to grab him a pair of swim trunks for the hospital bag and I told him why and he seemed to be on board.

I wasn't able to use it the tub for long with M and DH wasn't in there with me. I ended up getting the epidural long before I would have wanted so this time I really want to get more use out of that big warm, weightless, jetted, magical place... the ultimate goal is med free.

Just curious what everyone's plan is :)

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dad in the tub with you?

• FTM and using the tub. Husband will not be in there with me.
  • imagekatiechanning:
    I would love to use the tub but my hospital doesn't have them. :(

this!

• Loading the player...
  • I'll use a tub, but no DH.  I may pack a swim suit for him in case I change my mind, but I would be perfectly happy with him just sitting near the side. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • I fully intend on taking advantage of the tub in our room. I doubt DH will want to get in with me though. He dislikes pools/beaches/hot tubs so my guess is he will sit behind me rubbing my shoulders and what not.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    Epi last time, tub this time. I'm packing Josh's suit :)

Yes 

PP's that sucks! Our hospital used to only have one suite with a tub and you had to hope to god no one was in there when you went in but then they remodeled the whole L&D floors a few months before we had M and the rooms are huge and gorgeous and have spa-like bathrooms.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• my hubby wont be in the tub with me... he'll just be in there with me. i want all the room to myself. he can rub your shoulders, etc from outside the tub. However i will bring his suit so he can help me shower after

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wasn't planning on it but DH has convinced me to rent a tub (our hospital only has one out of 10 rooms) and will be bringing his suit.  Labor Day Pool Party, ya'll!
  • imageMrsveinotte:

FTM I plan on using the tub as long as it helps, I will pack DHs suit but not sure if he will be in with me or just on the side.

I hope to spend a good amount of time in the tub.  

Med free is the goal. 

Ditto.  I don't think DH would be super excited to get in the water with me, but if I feel like I want him to, he definitely will jump in.  I was planning on packing his suit just in case.  

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • FTM. Yes, I'm planning to use the tub as long as they will let me (also depends on if I feel like it at the time). DH probably won't get in with me, but I know he will at least be in the bathroom with me. I honestly don't know if I would like it if he did get in the tub. I love cuddling/spooning with him, but I don't know if I might just not want any contact with anyone at that point. And the tubs in the hospital birth suite are just standard size, so we would be very cramped.
  • imageclizh:

BTDTs, if you used the tub during labor did you have DH/SO in with you? Did it help? Would you like to this time? Why or why not?

FTMs, do you plan to use the tub during labor (I HIGHLY recommend it). Are you going to have DH/SO in with you?

There wasn't enough room for DH in the tub last time at the hospital...

This time at home, there should be and he should be able to be comfortable enough to have a ton of clothing changes and towels and all that so if he wants to, sure!  

*Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • There are only a few (3-4) rooms with tubs in L&D. They save them for moms who know they don't want an epi, unless its a really slow day or that's the absolute only room available when I get there. I'm not quite ready to commit to no epi but I'm secretly hoping they have a tub available because I think I'd do much better and go much longer without interventions if I had one. If so, I'd leave it up to DH. He's a shy person so I don't know if he'd feel comfortable being in there, even though the only people who would see him would be doctors and family. He could rub my shoulders and back from the outside.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am definitely laboring in the tub, not sure about birthing in it yet.  I think I will just do whatever feels good. 

As far as DH, same thing.  He'll be bringing trunks, but I haven't decided if I want him in there or not.  I'll see how I feel, FTM here...so no idea what to expect!

TTC since August 2011 (Me-29, DH-32).
    4/28/2012 - SA: 5% motility.
    5/21/2012 - SA: same results.
    Only shot is IVF (ICSI)
    5/31/2012 - HSG: all clear
    6/22/2012 - appt with RE, confirmed ICSI is necessary.
    8/3/2012 - First IVF Monitoring Appointment
    8/17/2012 - Egg Retrieval (retrieved 23 eggs, 3 made it to freezer)
    8/18/2012 - OHSS - hospitalized, need to wait one cycle to transfer embryo(s) due to OHSS
    8/29/2012 - begin meds for frozen cycle
    10/12/2012 - FET one embryo
    10/24/2012 - Beta #1: 442
    10/26/2012 - Beta #2: 947
    10/29/2012 - Beta #3: 2900!
    11/15/2012 - first u/s: baby measuring perfect, heart rate is right on target
    2/6/2013 - A/S looked perfect. Still team green by choice!
    7/6/2013 - Baby girl born after 44 hours of un-medicated labor, 2 hours of pushing, and emergency c-section due to transverse head.  DD was perfectly healthy at 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  We are thrilled!!
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    Epi last time, tub this time. I'm packing Josh's suit :)

this...except it won't be Josh's suit..lol... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our L/D only has two rooms with tubs (but they don't give them unless someone asks or they're out of other rooms) so if we are lucky enough to get one, maaaaybe.  I'm packing his suit, but I don't know if he'll be into it.
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I really, really want to labor in the tub, but I don't know how the availability of them works at my hospital yet.  I didn't even think of DH being in there with me- to be completely honest, I suspect I'll want the whole thing to myself.  But maybe I'll throw his bathing suit in the bag just in case.  The plan is med-free, and water/baths really soothe me, so I think this would be wonderful for me.

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Our hospital has a shower with jets coming out of the wall, they encourage dad to being a suit along to support mom. There is only one room with a tub, labor only, no birthing so I don't think he will hop in with me, unless it's more roomy than I realize.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm packing it but I doubt I'm going to want him anywhere near me. I didn't want to be touched last time and I'm pretty sure that isn't changing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageShoogars:
    I labored in the tub, DH did not get in. Not only was it too small, but as I progresses some blood tissue came out...I think it would have been a bit unsanitary.

This would be my concern. We don't have tubs where I'm at but of most of the tub labors/births ive seen there is usually tissue and blood floating in the water. Will they still let you in the tub if your water has already broken?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I had DD, the hospital had a jet tub that I used during labor, but it wasn't big enough for two people. I don't think I would have wanted him in there anyway. 

I'm at a different hospital now and they don't have tubs in the labor rooms :( so I don't even have the option. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I plan to take advantage of the labor tub, but I doubt I'll want DH in there with me. I want the space to myself!
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"