TTC After a Loss

When to see an RE after mc?

I'm 25, it took us a full 12 months to get KU. I had an appointment set up with an RE before we found out we were pregnant, so I of course cancelled it when we found out I was KU. I'm in my 1st cycle since the D&C. How long should we try before seeing an RE?

I can't imagine trying for another full year, but I also don't want to jump the gun seeing an RE too early. TIA.  

Re: When to see an RE after mc?

• It can take healthy couples up to one year to conceive, so because you were able to do that on your own within the "normal" time range an RE might not be willing to see you yet. After each conception the clock resets, or at least that is my understanding.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Like PP said since you did conceive the clock has pretty much reset itself. It has to be a year of actively trying.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My RE saw me afte about 6 months but at that point my obgyn had done bloodworm and confirmed I had PCOS. I also told her about my lack of periods and she suggested cloned which I was uncomfortable doing at her office. My insurance though never required a referral and given my history the RE took me. That's my experience.
  • Thanks ladies...I kind of figured it would be another year of trying again. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long of course. 

My insurance does not require a referral, but I do not want to jump into unnecessary testing either.  

• I may have a different opinion on the RE visit, but I think you should go ahead and make an appt. The 1st appt. is a consult to go over history, bloodwork, and come up with a plan anyway. That way they can tell you when to come back for whatever diagnostics you need done.

You can go to an RE whenever you are ready. Yes people say 12 mths if you are under 35 (I think is what it is) but I dont think it can hurt. It is your family adn your body. Do what you need to do! and GL!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Well I just had my first appt with an RE. Just waiting for some test results but I would just try calling and asking the office what they think. Or the other thing I would say is give it another 36 months and if you aren't pregnant, call. Sometimes it happens faster after you've been preggo before. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So glad you asked this, and thanks to those who responded. I've been wondering the same thing myself in a way. More along how long to stick with my OB before going to an RE (cost/insurance not covering RE). Thanks ladies, good knowledge to have!
    TTCAL & PGAL Welcome
    PCOS & TTC #1 since January 2012
    BFP 11.16.2012 * Natural MC at 9.5 wks 01.1.2013
    TTC again in March 2013
    Round 3 of 100mg Clomid + 1500mg Metformin BFP #2 06.14.13
    EDD: March 28, 2014  It's a GIRL!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"