March 2013 Moms

Baby Carrier

So, I received the Chicco Ultrasoft Carrier and I HATE it!  It is so unconformable and so hard to get my baby in and out of the darn thing.  I live in a big city and do LOTS of walking so a good carrier is a must.  Please recommend your carrier and what you like about it.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Carrier

• i live in Chicago and walk EVERYWHERE so i have a few i love my baby k'tan wrap and my beco similar to an ergo. i borrowed my friends ergo and thats super great too, if i could justify another one id get an ergo, but the beco is too similar.
    my moby is okay, but too hot, and the baby bjorn was used for about 2 wks with my first before i hated it so much i got the beco
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejen1022l:
    i live in Chicago and walk EVERYWHERE so i have a few i love my baby k'tan wrap and my beco similar to an ergo. i borrowed my friends ergo and thats super great too, if i could justify another one id get an ergo, but the beco is too similar.
    my moby is okay, but too hot, and the baby bjorn was used for about 2 wks with my first before i hated it so much i got the beco

um sorry half of my punctuation disappeared....
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just bought the Boba Air and I love it! It is so lightweight, folds into itself, and is easy to use. The only down side is there isn't much padding on the shoulder straps and I could see it becoming uncomfortable when she gets heavier. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an Ergo and hated it so I returned it. A friend gave me her Catbaby Pikkolo and I am OBSESSED. Its ergonomic, soft, can be worn backpack or cross strap, baby can face out or in, be on your back, front, or hip, and it comes in a ton of adorable patterns. Its also easy to stash in the diaper bag.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Def a Tula or Kinderpack.
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love love love the ergo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just an FYI that they're is an Ergo sale on Gilt right now for less than 100!
  • I have a bjorn, and love it.  Super easy to use, and he passes out in it every time. It won't be great when he gets heavier though, at which point I will likely get an Ergo if I want to keep wearing him.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Love the ergo
  • We have a ktan and an ergo. I have heard a lot of good things about the beco butterfly
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have the Beco Butterfly and love it but tbh, I've never used it with an infant.  DS was about 6 months when I got it for him and so far DD has only been in the Moby.  It does come with an infant insert though.  I'm sure it would work well.

There is also the Beco Gemini which allows for additional holds.  The butterfly lets you carry on the front (baby facing in) and on your back.  The Gemini allows for front carry facing in OR out, hip carry, and back carry.  I believe it is also less "structured".

• imageKMac570:
    I have a bjorn, and love it.  Super easy to use, and he passes out in it every time. It won't be great when he gets heavier though, at which point I will likely get an Ergo if I want to keep wearing him.

i love the bjorn! and when i nannied i used it with the little girl until she was 8 months. she loved it.. its the only thing that kept her calm! and i was preggo when i wore it and i didnt think it was uncomfortable at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagellarkinburns:
    Just an FYI that they're is an Ergo sale on Gilt right now for less than 100!

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejen1022l:
    i live in Chicago and walk EVERYWHERE so i have a few i love my baby k'tan wrap and my beco similar to an ergo. i borrowed my friends ergo and thats super great too, if i could justify another one id get an ergo, but the beco is too similar. my moby is okay, but too hot, and the baby bjorn was used for about 2 wks with my first before i hated it so much i got the beco

I'm in Chicago too!  So, a good carrier is a must.  What were the differences between the Ergo and Beco for you?  I'm still trying to decide!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kegkeg member
    I have a k'tan, a Beco Butterfly (2?), and an Ergo.  I love my Ergo, but I didn't get it until my older girls were about 1.  I used it a ton for back carries and can actually still put them in it today if I needed/wanted to (30ish and 35ish lbs). I got the Beco because it was on mamabargains and you can use it with little ones without an additional insert (the Ergo infant insert just looks a little unstable for me although there are plenty of people who use it and love it).  I like the Beco a little more than the k'tan for a little one because it just feels more sturdy/stable.  With the k'tan, I feel like I still need to keep a hand on her.  Also, the k'tan is sized, so it's not quite as flexible (wearing it over multiple layers, both you and DH using it if you are different sizes, etc). 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I have a K'tan and a Beco Gemini. I use the K'tan for around the house because the fabric is very comfortable and I can sit comfortably while wearing LO in it. I use the Beco Gemini for outings. It is sturdier and distributes the weight really well, which is important for me because I have a bad back. I chose the Beco over the Ergo, because it works better with newborns and small babies. From what I heard, the Ergo is good after 6 months, while I planned to do most of my babywearing from 0-6 months. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have the K'tan and Ergo (with an infant insert) and both are comfortable, but LO gets really sweaty in them. Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure how to cool her down and so I dont feel comfortable carrying her for long.
  • Looove our Becco Gemni baby can face in or out or be on back. Infant to larger. Adjustable for DH and me
    Great back support. Sturdy. Better seat area for DS. Fun prints/colors. Highly recommend!
  • Lillebaby Nordic. It is sturdy, supportive, versatile, and only costs 80 bucks which is a steal for how great it is.

image image
  • I just recently tried the Pognae carrier and it was great!  I have a petite frame (5'0") and i thought it fit better than the ergobaby I used a couple of times before.  The shoulder pads are well-padded and the light mesh on them doesn't scratch up your skin.  I also loved the vent, since it kept my baby from being damp all the time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"