Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding Gift Basket - items?

Hey ladies! A close friend of mine is expecting her first LO in mid-June. As part of her shower gift I wanted to do a basket of all sorts of items to help her with breastfeeding. Can you let me know which items you'd most appreciate? From my own experience, here's what I have so far:

Book - The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

Lansinoh lanolin tube

Organic Cotton washable breastfeeding pads

Handful Disposable breast pads

Lansinoh Therapearl Hot/Cold breast therapy pads

1-2 nursing tanks

...any thing else I didn't think of? I personally hated the disposable pads - they were so itchy, but to each their own - at least she'll have a few in case she wants to go out or something. Thanks in advance for your input!

ETA:  Can you also rec your favorite nursing tank?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding Gift Basket - items?

• Maybe one of those dry ingredients in a jar type things for lactation cookies?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• If she will pump at all you could get a pack of membranes and a pack of freezer bags.  If she is into magazines you could get her some magazines to flip through while nursing.  Granola bars and bottles of water are really helpful.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like my loving moments nursing tanks from Walmart.
  • In addition to PP suggestions - maybe you could put in a little card on where to find help if she needs it.  Local LLL meetings/leaders, support groups, Kellymom website/ etc.  
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd do the Lansinoh Soothies gel pads, but I've never used the hot/cold pads. The gel pads are awesome the first week or so.

I love my sleep bras.

I only use disposable nursing pads because I leak through the reusable ones. Lansinoh is the best brand I've found.

What about a water bottle or straw cup? I keep one of those straw cups filled with water next to me all day since I get so thirsty nursing. Snacks?
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageLane05:
    In addition to PP suggestions - maybe you could put in a little card on where to find help if she needs it.  Local LLL meetings/leaders, support groups, Kellymom website/ etc.  

I agree with this 100%.  I have yet to make a basket for anyone, but when the time comes, I will be putting in a card (laminated) with a listed of numbers and addresses.  

I would also suggest putting in a few comfort items, maybe some favorite snacks, a book (or gift card for kindle if she has one), some magazines, or a bunch of the bargain dvds from target, and water bottle that can be reused.

• My favorite nursing tanks are from Pea on the Pod, but they're 42.50 each. The Target nursing tanks are good too. Look for the Gillian O'Malley brand.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Ditto cup with straw. Mine goes everywhere with me. And snacks snacks snacks. PB crackers, cheese crackers, graham crackers, granola bars, protein bars, popcorn.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Yes, easy snacks or a water bottle and kellymom.com :) A lot of it is what works best for her, so I wouldn't spend too much on any one thing.
  • cmb2cmb2 member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone - love them!
  • I liked the Two Hearts Maternity nursing tanks from Sears. They had a BOGO sale both times I went to buy them.

ETA: Maybe a nursing cover for NIP?

Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • instead of getting the nursing tanks maybe give her a gift certificate for nursing tanks/bras? That way you don't have to worry about size's and her comfort. She can figure out what fits and works best for her.

But I ditto the laminated card for nursing resources 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I love the undercover mama tanks.  Google them.  They are awesome because they attach to your nursing bra.  I have made myself some by searching "nursing tank tutorial undercover mama".  If you are crafty, you can make your own for her for about $5 each if you can find inexpensive camis without the bra shelf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love the lactation cookie mix idea, perfect for a basket!

How about a cute notebook and pretty pen to track feedings and diaper changes? I keep mine with me all the time! Or if you want to go techie
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MEB3GE
    Its a pocket nanny to help you keep track
  • If that link doesn't work...I can't tell since I'm on mobile...here's the name of the product
    Itzbeen Pocket Nanny Baby Care Timer
  • imageemilykathleen511:

ETA: Maybe a nursing cover for NIP?

This was my first thought too.  Followed by a Boppy.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"