April 2013 Moms

How many oz?

My LO is a little over 6 weeks and drinks 4 to 4.5 oz of breastmilk each feeding every 2 to 3 hours. We do weighed feedings when he doesn't take a bottle and sometimes its closer to 5 oz.

It seems like a lot for him being so small. I'm curious how old is your LO and how many oz of breastmilk do they take?

I'm worried he is going to eat me out of house and home in another month or so lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: How many oz?

• My LO's are 7 weeks old and they take 3-3.5 oz's of breastmilk via bottle every 2-3 hours. 4.5oz-5 does seem like a lot, but if he is hungry I Imagine it is fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Blake is 3 weeks and takes about 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours. Except at night she usually goes about 6 to 8 hours, just depends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemelandjames14:
    How do you measure what he is drinking from the breast? I don't have an answer to your question but feel like my DS is eating me out of house and home too! He's only 2 weeks and is already well over his birthweight! He eats ALL. THE. TIME.

When we did our lactation consult she reccommended we rent a hospital scale since initially he lost weight. We still have it.....we weigh before and after feedings

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• 7 weeks old drinking 4 to 4.5oz every 3hrs on the nose!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How with pumping can you be sure you are getting hind and formilk?
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since about 3 weeks, my LO has been drinking 4 oz. averaging every 3 hours. Once in a while she might get hungry at 2.5 hours, other times 4.5 hours. She's bigger than average, though. She currently weighs just over 11 lbs.
  • I BF my first LO for a year and he never took more than 4.5 ounces between 3 hour stretches of time. Most BF babies do not take over 5 ounces at a single feeding since they eat more frequently than formula fed babies (of course there are always exceptions to the rule). Check out Kellymom.com. 

• Vince drinks 4-5 oz every 2-3 hours. He is a month old. 
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"