Babies: 0 - 3 Months

dry skin

Had the baby outside today and his face is really dry . I know i shouldnt put baby lotion on his face but could i put a little vaseline?

Re: dry skin

• We put lotion on LO's  face....... ? I have never heard you aren't supposed to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lotion is fine... We use Aveeno or Aquaphor.  My pedi told me to put hydrocortisone on LO's really dry and acne face the other day and it worked really well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Like i could use his johnsons baby lotion? Maybe im wrong that you shouldnt
  • imageCherylJovi:
    Like i could use his johnsons baby lotion? Maybe im wrong that you shouldnt

I personally wouldn't use that at all. I'd go for something a little more natural like coconut oil for the face.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:

imageCherylJovi:
    Like i could use his johnsons baby lotion? Maybe im wrong that you shouldnt

I personally wouldn't use that at all. I'd go for something a little more natural like coconut oil for the face.  

Yes, you can use the J&J lotion on his face, but I agree that I dislike that lotion overall.  It has a lot of chemicals in it for long-term use.  It's fine though if you like it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD1 was overdue and a little 'crispy', so the nurses advised us to use done olive oil to help sort her out. Any non nut kitchen/cooking oil works well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Try a product called CapriClear.  It's an all natural coconut oil based moisturizer. I use it, in fact our whole family uses it.  CC is great for dry skin and safe to use on babies. Check out their website and read about it. I highly recommend it, it will take the itch and the redness out of your baby's skin.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"