September 2013 Moms

So who can't wear their rings anymore?

Anyone else having a hard time wearing rings due to swelling? It's heating up here on the easy coast and I wasn't expecting to have this problem until later.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: So who can't wear their rings anymore?

• Haven't been able to for a couple months now.  Bought a fake Cubic Zirconia ring from Avon on clearance for $10.  It's not due to swelling, just the weight gain.  But my rings were getting tight even before I got pregnant.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Oh wow! I haven't experienced this yet. The weather is still fairly cool in GA off and on. I may need to increase my water intake just to make sure it doesn't happen.
  • Loading the player...
  • it is definitely starting...they are tight at the end of the day....
  • My rings usually get tight in the summer once it gets warmer, so I know it's going to happen.  Some days I noticed if i'm not drinking as much, I notice my hands swelling. 

I'm thinking one day soon the rings will need to be put away...  I told DH, and he pointed to my belly and said, "it's okay....your belly is enough of an indication that you are taken" Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am! I had to go get my wedding sized up just a half a size-- but I am in Texas. The heat is just going to get worse. It's going to take 2 weeks. I feel naked without it!
  • I had to take mine off around 14 weeks I think. Sadly. I bought a couple of cheapies... But it's just not the same thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine have actually been loose lol How weird. I'm very sure that by the time summer rolls around, my rings won't fit at all!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • My engagement ring has a very slim band so I can still wear it. I've had my wedding ring and other rings off for weeks. My fingers tend to fluctuate in size a lot depending on temperature, even when I'm not pregnant, so I took the rest off to be on the safe side before I probably HAD to.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I guess there is one good thing about living in Alberta, Canada! It's still been pretty chilly and I'm longing for warm weather... but at least my rings slide on and off just fine. Haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine was getting tight at the end of the days, and one night my fingers swelled so bad I just took them off for good lol I hate the feeling of rings getting stuck
  • Do I count if I can't get them off?  I can still spin them around my finder, but can't make them budge otherwise. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCaliMcKenzie:
    Do I count if I can't get them off?  I can still spin them around my finder, but can't make them budge otherwise. 

Have you tried Windex? I used to work in a jewelry store and we never had a ring we couldn't budge with Windex.  

• imageSaraSKC:
    Have you tried Windex? I used to work in a jewelry store and we never had a ring we couldn't budge with Windex.  

Absolutely trying it today!!  It reminds me of the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 19 weeks and my rings are still fine. Although, when summer hits I know my fingers will get swollen. I think I'll just wear them around my neck when that happens. I'm wondering if my fingers will swell anyway as I hit third trimester? I'm waiting around for my hands and feet to swell, or maybe r won't even happen!
  • 22 weeks today and mine are still fine. Wedding ring is about 2 sizes too big for me anyhow was MIL's wedding band with DH's dad who died when DH was 18... DH wears his father's band. Engagement ring is probably a half size too big so I may encounter issues with it later.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The snow finally melted and it warmed up yesterday. I'm going to have to take my ring off today. 21wks on Tuesday. It's the warm weather for me. The last 2 times it was softly from weight gain, but I haven't gained as much this time. I'm only up 1 pound.
    Mom of 5
    Boy 7-11-2007 (has Autism),
    Boy 2-26-2009 to 11-2-11 (had cancer at 4mo),
    Boy 3-28-2011 (has Autism)
    Girl 9-3-2013
    Baby due 2-22-2016
  • imageCaliMcKenzie:

imageSaraSKC:

Absolutely trying it today!!  It reminds me of the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Ha! Love that movie! I always thought of that when we told people we could get the ring off if they let us spray a little Windex. They usually thought we were joking! 

• imageCaliMcKenzie:

imageSaraSKC:

Yes I too thought of this

• Mine are still OK, but Canada had a long winter this year so it's only just warming up, I will probably take my engagement ring off soon as I take that on and off and I don't want it getting stuck, I won't take my wedding band off though, I didn't last time and it was fine, it's pretty loose in the winter anyway and I have never taken it off since the day we married, and unless it's cutting circulation I don't intend to start now.

It really bugs me that DH takes his off at all, how is it a symbol of everlasting love if you take it off?...I know I am very old fashioned in this view (DH says crazy LOL), but there it is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Mine have been getting tight when I wake up in the morning. Last summer they got tight as well, sO know it'll be way worse this summer. I already have a few sets pinned on Pinterest that I'll be looking at buying once it starts to get warmer. All are CZ with white gold overlay. They're a little more expensive than a normal CZ/silver set ($80-$120 range) but I'm a jewelry snob so I don't want something that looks fake.

imageimageimage

• Mine have been fine so far.  But I am definately going to watch them to make sure I take them off before they get too tight.  My SIL waited too long and had to get hers cut off.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I haven't been able to wear my rings since week 12. It makes me sad, bc I love them. I did put them on a necklace though, so I can wear them when I'm out.
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • My ring's a couple sizes too big already, so we're waiting til after I give birth and the swelling goes down to have it resized.  Hopefully it'll actually fit when I'm all swollen!
  • Apparently my right hand is swelling more than my left... I'm close to out-swelling my promise ring, but my celtic ring is larger, so that will be the last to go.

My left hand seems to be getting smaller, I had to put some tape on it for a while since my rings almost fell off

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageNNGnome:

It really bugs me that DH takes his off at all, how is it a symbol of everlasting love if you take it off?...I know I am very old fashioned in this view (DH says crazy LOL), but there it is.

I too don't like it when DH doesn't wear his ring, but for his job he can't wear it due to it being a safety hazard. Also he has lost a ton of weight since we got married and his ring cant be resized.  It used to bother me a lot more, but not so much that DH has my name tattooed on his finger so it's not like people don't know he's taken.

• imagekatiebenes:

Apparently my right hand is swelling more than my left... I'm close to out-swelling my promise ring, but my celtic ring is larger, so that will be the last to go.

My left hand seems to be getting smaller, I had to put some tape on it for a while since my rings almost fell off

I'm wondering if that's what happened to me too since I cant wear any of the jewelry I usually wear on my right hand side.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"