May 2013 Moms

Carseat question..

I just saw another post with a carseat question and it jogged my memory on one that I had..

I've heard the middle is supposed to be the safest place for the LO's carseat but I drive a 2door car and I think the middle is going to be really hard to get the seat in and out of the car. Does anyone else have experience with a 2door car and is it difficult to get the seat in and out? If I was to put it on a side is one side safer than the other?

Re: Carseat question..

• When we had our seat installed at the police station, the officer told us that technically the middle is the safest place incase you get in a car accident and the side of your car is hit, but she said it was ultimately our decision and that sometimes too not all carseats fit correctly in the middle so the side is the inky option. We went with the side just because I'm short and I knew trying to get the carseat in and out of the middle would be a hassle. If you are going with the side, behind the passenger seat is the best side. The officer told me they are both safe sides, but logistically it makes more sense to put it behind the passenger side. If you are parked on a busy street, you don't want to be taking the baby out of the car with traffic driving by. Hope that helps!

EDIT: I meant only not inky...stupid autocorrect
  • Thank you that helps! My pregnancy brain didn't even think of the scenario of being parked on a street lol..thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKRisoni13:
    Thank you that helps! My pregnancy brain didn't even think of the scenario of being parked on a street lol..thanks again!

I didn't think of it either until the officer mentioned it to me, so don't feel bad! I've had awful prego brain too! Haha
  • You should read your owners manual! Most cars will have what location is safest for that particular vehicle for the car seat. In my car the side is the safest because the middle seat isn't big enough for the car seat and it is a hump so a car seat can't even sit flat there. 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We ended up putting one base in the middle in the CR-V with a lap belt and one behind the passenger seat in the Jeep.  DH is so tall it wouldn't fit behind the driver seat and there is no offset LATCH for the middle spot and I really wanted to use it.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drive a 2door car and will have the carseat behind the passenger side bc the middle won't work.

Also, stores like babies r us and buy buy baby will let you test out the carseat to make sure it will fit. I had to try out several before finding one that will fit when loading it between the seat and the car frame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • we have a 2 door and the car seat fits best in the middle anyways. If there is someone in the front with long legs they can't put the seat back much! Plus that's where the latches were
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemommy0411:
    You should read your owners manual! Most cars will have what location is safest for that particular vehicle for the car seat. In my car the side is the safest because the middle seat isn't big enough for the car seat and it is a hump so a car seat can't even sit flat there.nbsp;

This. We installed in middle and took to police station for inspection only to learn that out car models Honda Civic and Hyundai Sonata both require side seat installation. Police reinstalled behind passenger.

ETA mobile bumping so hyphens don't work. Sorry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"