December 2012 Moms

Another sleep question...

Gah.
1. When does LO go to bed for the night?
2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare
3. What time is LO's last nap before bed?
4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding?
I'm having serious issues here with sleep. I honestly don't know how I'm even functioning anymore. It's bad stuff people.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: Another sleep question...

• 1. When does LO go to bed for the night?  Between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m.
    2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Wakes up anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m.
    3. What time is LO's last nap before bed?   She is awake her longest stretch of the day before bedtime.  She usually wakes up from her last nap between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.
    4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding?  She usually wakes up two times, sometimes three.  She is only awake about 15-20 minutes each time.  I just pick her up and nurse her back to sleep in the dark.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I should add that DD is an AWESOME sleeper compared to my two boys.  My boys did not sleep 3 straight hours until they were almost a year old.  Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? We start about 7, but it depends on when she goes to sleep. 8:30 ish.
    2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare. We wake her up at 5:45 for daycare. If we don't, she still wakes up about then. Better than an alarm clock.
    3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? She naps in the car on the way home at 5:30. Otherwise, her naps vary during the day. Some days, it's a few hours, others its nearly nothing.
    4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? She doesn't. We haven't been up in probably 2 months.
    I'm having serious issues here with sleep. I honestly don't know how I'm even functioning anymore. It's bad stuff people. Hang in there!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• 1) Bedtime routine starts at 7pm, in the crib by 7:30ish, 7:45 at the latest.

2) She wakes up at 6:15am every day for daycare.  We try to wake her no later than 6:45am on the weekends to keep her on (relatively) the same schedule.

3) Her last nap ends no later than 5:30... I wake her up if I have to.  Typically she'll do 4:30ish til 5:30 .

4) She usually wakes up once around 2:30am, but occasionally will STTN or wake 2-3 times. She usually only has to feed around the 2:30 wake up (if she wakes extra times, the paci is usually enough to get her back to sleep).

We're doing a VERY modified CIO right now, where we'll go in right when she cries to put the paci in, and then after 3, 4, and 5 minutes (and then every 5 minutes after that).  It has helped *immensely* with the multiple wake ups.  And she only cries for 10-15 minutes at most before she's out.

• imageperfectlove09:
    Gah. 1. When does LO go to bed for the night?  We do a bath at 6:30, nurse and he is asleep by 7   2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare  We wake him up at 0430-0500 during the week.  He usually falls back asleep after getting dressed and nursing.  I have an hour drive to work, so he sleeps the whole way.  On the weekend, he normally starts his day around 7   3. What time is LO's last nap before bed?His last name is at 4:30-5:30 while I am driving home 4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? Sometimes he does not wake up at all, but he normally wakes up around 11-1 timeframe.  He gets a diaper change, nurse and back asleep.  He sometimes wakes around 3-4 for the same thing.  But its not as common.  I feel very lucky that he has been sleeping as well as he has been. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageperfectlove09:
    1. When does LO go to bed for the night? Anywhere from 7:30-9

2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare.  M-F daycare 6am, S-S 7ish

3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? This totally depends on what her day was like... sometimes she doesn't take one at all at home before bed (she gets picked up from daycare at 4:30.  Tonight, she took a 3 hr. nap today from 1-4 so she didn't take another nap and just went down for the night at 7:15), sometimes it's a short one, sometimes it's a two hour nap... wake up to nurse again and go right back to bed. 

4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? She was sick last week so she woke up twice a night to nurse and go right back down... but she usually sleeps through the night or occasionally once around 2:30... rare lately though.

Good luck and I hope your LO starts sleeping better for you!!!

• imageperfectlove09:
    Gah. 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? Between 7 and 8 2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare. Daycare days she is up at 6:30 because we currently bedshare and she wakes up the second I get out of bed to get ready for work :( 7 or 7:30 on weekends. 3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? She takes a short half hour nap around 5:30. 4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? Right now she is up twice during the night, sometimes she eats at both, sometimes she just eats at the second wake up. Usual times are 1 and 4:30 I'm having serious issues here with sleep. I honestly don't know how I'm even functioning anymore. It's bad stuff people.
    DD1 had major issues with transitioning from one sleep cycle to the next. She woke up every 45 minutes at night, and took a few 20 min naps during the day. At her worst, I logged 12 wake ups in an 11 hour night. She was a nurse to pacify girl and she would have to have my boob to sleep. By the time I could sneak it away at night, she'd be up soon at the end of a sleep cycle and need to nurse back to sleep. I was a zombie, I would get mad at her for not being able to sleep normally. It was awful. At a week before she turned 6 months, I did Ferber. It took only 3 nights and she was the best sleeper ever after that. But I was comfortable doing Ferber because I knew clearly what her sleep issue was. We tried no cry stuff before that but it wasn't working and we were way too sleep deprived and desperate to wait 6-8 weeks to see results. Ferber is effective and quick and at least involves consistent checks to soothe without picking up instead of straight CIO. Anyway, she just couldn't independently transition from one sleep cycle to the next and would end up fully waking each time. If you clearly know what your LO's issue is, sleep training may help. While some would say its a bit early, your mental and physical health is important too, and you all need sleep. Just something to consider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. My lo goes to sleep between 730 and 8 o'clock. She usually wakes one time for about 15 minutes for a bottle and goes right back to sleep, usually I put her in the bed with me.  

2. She wakes up for the day depending on the days I go to work, when I work at 830 I wake her around 745 to get her ready and when I work at 1 o'clock she will sleep til about 8'or 9'in the am.  

3. Her last nap is around 530 on the way home she usually sleeps about a half hour before waking.

In the am she only last about an hour before her first nap, that one is usually about an hour to two hour nap. In the afternoon she cat naps on and off the most I can get out of her in the afternoon is a one hour nap.  Those naps determine her bedtime. We are thankful she has been a good sleeper so far, good Luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? 

Between 8-8:30 

2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare 

Between 7-7:30. If she wakes up before then, she comes in to bed w/me. 

3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? 

Usually around 5. We're still not on a strict routine for naps. 

4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? 

Usually twice, around 12-1, and then again 3-4. She'll nurse and be back asleep within 30 mins. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? ~11:40

2. What time does LO wake up for the day? ~7:30 - he usually is waking up around then, but if he hasn't we wake him up then.

3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? he's usually sleeping until ~10:40 and then we wake him up for our feeding (our feedings take an hour)

4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? we usually have to wake him up every 5 hours to eat during the day, but he JUST turned 4 months. He usually sleeps anywhere from 1-3 hours right before each feeding.

good luck! we are also having sleep issue in the fact we have to hold him every single second he sleeps or he won't sleep - he'll scream. DH's been sleeping with him on the couch every night for months and I can't wait to have him back in bed.

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage

• 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? -Night routine starts around 6:00pm and she is asleep by 7:00pm

2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare - DD wakes up at 5:00am like clockwork M-Su. There some rare days wear I'll have to wake her at 6:00am for daycare.

3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? - It's usually around 1:00pm at daycare, but sometimes it's an hour or two later. However sometimes she naps from 4:45pm until I wake her for the night routine(around 6:00), she is still STTN on those days

4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? - DD typically does not wake up, she STTN. If she wakes she usually puts herself back to sleep before I go to her room.

I really hope things get better for you soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• 1. He goes down between 6:30 and 7

2. Wakes up between 6:30 and 7.  I occasionally have to wake him up at 7, but not always.

3. Lately, he's been napping from like 10:30am-2:30pm and taking no other naps.  Sometimes at daycare, he'll get a 30 minute nap from like 4:45-5:15 and I have to wake him up to go home.  But he's pretty frequently only taking one really long nap a day.

4. Used to be only once, but in the last few weeks, he wakes at 10, 1, and 4...every 3 hours.  Still a billion times better than my first.

Every baby is different, and contrary to the advice you might get on the bump or elsewhere, there's not a lot you can do in every situation to help a baby sleep.  I'm sorry you're in the thick of it.  At least with our very (!!) challenged sleeper (our first), he slept pretty well in our bed and I could sleep while side-lie nursing him...it doesn't sound like from your previous posts that's an option.  I feel for you.  My oldest just turned 20 months and he still wakes 4-6 times a night every.single.night.  He has sttn maybe 5-6 times in his life :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageperfectlove09:
    Gah. 1. When does LO go to bed for the night? He is usually down between 7-8

2. What time does LO wake up for the day? Please add if you wake them up for work/daycare He is up for the day around 7, stays awake for an hour or so then has another nap

3. What time is LO's last nap before bed? Starts around 3:30 and is up anywhere between 4:30 and 5

4. How many times does LO wake up. And how often are those wakeups for feeding? He is up once during the night between 3 and 4 am for a feeding, usually awake for around 10-15 min and then comes into bed with me for the rest of the evening

Sorry things are rough right now! I really hope you get some sleep soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"