Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What to do with a 3 month old on nice days?

Today was gorgeous out, and we pretty much lost out on it.  I am at a loss for what to do with DS (3 months old) when it's nice out. He only deals with stroller walks for about 10 minutes (he hates the car seat). Same with the Moby. When we go out, one of us has to carry him in our arms or it ain't pretty. We also live on a road with no sidewalks, so it's sort of a moot point because to go for a walk we would have to drive to some place to walk and that would use up the 10 minutes of carseat time I get before a screaming fit.  I tried taking him to the park across the street and sitting on the swings with him. He sort of digs that, but really, how long can I sit and swing? What do you do with your LOs when they are this young but it's gorgeous out? DS doesn't seem bored, but I sure am and feel like I wasted a day.

Re: What to do with a 3 month old on nice days?

• Options
    We have an older child too so we watch him ply. But with the LO we lay her on a blanket, walk, have picnics, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    What about just laying a blanket in the grass and letting him get the fresh air. Have him in the shade of course. My LO just loves feeling the breeze and listening to all the new sounds. She could be outside for hours!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried another carrier? My LO only liked the moby as a newborn. Then she started to hate it. Now I use an ergo baby and she loves it
  • Options

imagecutemary007:
    What about just laying a blanket in the grass and letting him get the fresh air. Have him in the shade of course. My LO just loves feeling the breeze and listening to all the new sounds. She could be outside for hours!

This is exactly what I do. He LOVES to look around and listen to everything new. 

• Options

We go outside quite often.  Just a few weeks ago, I got out a bottle of bubbles!  My little one (16 weeks today) LOVED the bubbles!

Is there a place where you can put his feet in the sand so he can feel it?  What about grass?  Textures are great for little ones!

Are there farmer's markets in the area?  They would be great to get your baby out to.  As they get older, we'll be able to introduce them to new foods.  

I am on my 4th carrier and have finally found one my little guy likes.  I tried the Moby, an Infantino carrier, the Ergo, and now the Baby B'Jorn.  He hated the Ergo because that made him face me.  He'd rather be able to look around at everything and flirt with everyone!  When he gets fussy, in the Baby B'Jorn he goes and he's happy as can be!

Good luck!  Don't miss out on this great weather!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SHe loves watching the trees and leaves blow, or...sitting on our backyard swing with us.  Overall, like being outside in general.   We've also tried 3 diff carrier and finally settled with the Britax ff baby carrier.  She dislike being carried facing in.  Simply following her lead. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried walks in stroller without the car seat? My son hates car seat too, we do walks with him lying flat in his stroller - we started off using blankets under his arms to keep him from rolling side to side (he's almost 4 months old). He can see more that way and loves it. 
  • Options

I put a blanket out, grab every possible toy I can think of, and our bobby and lay her out in the sunshine, all covered in sunscreen, while DD1 runs around the yard and the dog attacks DD2 with kisses. She gets irritated if the sun is in her eyes, so I usually use my body to give her some shade. She also won't stand for sitting still, so I switch between back, belly, standing and being in my arms. I put her feet in the grass today and she would make the most uncomfortable faces.

It is hard to keep a baby happy outdoors, but just act like your inside, and do the same things, diaper changes, feed, whatever your LO wants to feel comfortable outside. Once it gets to the 80's here, I am going to bring out my kiddie pool and sit with the girls in it, see how she takes to it. DD1 loved it at this age! 

Hope any of that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"