April 2013 Moms

New piece of information

I received this piece of information today that I had no idea about.  I was informed that I should not be riding/ driving in a car alone being that I'm due at any moment.  So, I'm expected to have a chauffeur for the last month of my pregnancy?  Great.  Well, I'm so upset that someone didn't tell me this before now because I just know that I will run completely off the road and into a ditch if I get a contraction while driving.  I'm sure of it. Confused
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New piece of information

• I drove until the day before I went in for my RCS. That was scheduled only 2 days before my due date. My OB never restricted me from driving. Some days it was uncomfortable with being behind the wheel because of my belly but then I just switched cars with my mom because hers had more room.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagerandomosity:
    Psh, I'm gonna keep driving lol Besides, most contractions don't start off so insanely strong that you'd be in big trouble if they started while you were out and about, in most cases. If I start to get timeable cramps then maybe I'll avoid driving but until then, I need to get out of the house!

Exactly!  I would think that if I was smart enough to be a mom, I'd be smart enough to listen to my body and know what the F was going on and make informed decisions. 

• Loading the player...
  • Nobody ever said this to me, until the last 10 days when I was on bedrest, so I couldn't drive... but that was slightly different!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am 5 days over due and went grocery shopping by myself today.  No one else was going to do it!  As PP said, they don't start as 10 on the pain scale.  That being said, when I have to travel further (Doc is 45 minutes away) someone goes with me
  • imagemumsie28:
    I drove until the day before I went in for my RCS. That was scheduled only 2 days before my due date. My OB never restricted me from driving. Some days it was uncomfortable with being behind the wheel because of my belly but then I just switched cars with my mom because hers had more room.

One would think that if there was a real hazard that a doctor would say something.  Everyone knows better than the doctor. 

• Who was the tip from?  If your OB, I would be listening and asking why, just so I could understand their concerns.  Otherwise, I would disregard.  I had to drive my 2 kids to school and daycare every day, their activities, etc until the day I went in for my repeat.  I don't have any other way to get the kids around, since DH worked and travelled until the week of Madeleine's arrival!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did you get this information from my mother in law?  Because it totally sounds like something she would say.
  • I drove up until I delivered. Unless you think labor is going to spontaneously come upon you, I wouldn't worry. I'm pretty sure when you go into active labor you will either be at the hospital or have someone to take you there.
  • I have not heard this and I am still driving. I plan to keep on driving and just be smart about things.  If I am having contractions at all, then I am staying put and if I need to DH can come get me.  Just be smart and careful. I am sure you will be fine.
  • imageDunkin:
    Who was the tip from?  If your OB, I would be listening and asking why, just so I could understand their concerns.  Otherwise, I would disregard.  I had to drive my 2 kids to school and daycare every day, their activities, etc until the day I went in for my repeat.  I don't have any other way to get the kids around, since DH worked and travelled until the week of Madeleine's arrival!

Of course not my OB.  Random piece of ridiculous information that people who aren't doctors feel the need to tell pregnant women. 

• I drove all the way up to 41 weeks alone, that being said... my water broke one hour before contractions started, and contractions were 2 mins apart and getting closer together and were immediately uncomfortable and I was unable to speak through them.

So if your water breaks, drive home or to ld asap!
  • I was driving up until the day before I had DD. And if you can drive with menustral cramps, you can drive through early labor.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"