May 2013 Moms

I'm going to miss...

I'm going to miss not having my period.  That to me (aside from the baby, of course) is one of the best things about pregnancy. Smile

Anyone else? What will you miss about being pregnant?

Re: I'm going to miss...

• I'm going to miss not getting my period and feeling them kick!!
    LovedBy2
  • Not getting my period sure has been nice.

Also going to miss the way DH looks at me and treats me. We always had a great relationship, but it's on another level since I got pregnant.He makes me feel over the top special all the time.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageShayla117:
    I'm going to miss not getting my period and feeling them kick!!

Ditto!
  • I'm going to miss not having my period, the movement, and the security. When the baby is out they are exposed to the world, seems a little less safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with all you ladies on the period thing. Also the feelings of her movements and being able to see the excitement from my niece, nephew and my little students when they feel my stomach as she moves!
  • imageecori:
    I'm going to miss not having my period, the movement, and the security. When the baby is out they are exposed to the world, seems a little less safe.
    This exactly.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Definitely agree with not having a period, the movement and kicks, and knowing she is safe. I'll also miss not feeling guilty about what I eat. It's back to counting points for me in a few weeks, but I do like the WW program and an looking forward to hopefully losing the weight.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No period is the best. Hands down. 
  • Definitely going to miss not having my period. I am not looking forward to wearing those "huge" pads. :(
  • I'm going to miss having my buddy be with me 24/7. I think she's funny even in utero.

I'll miss not having my period. But, that's about it.

• imageShayla117:

This!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Honestly im not going to miss anything.

But i never got a period anyways. 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Just get pregnant again!! I've had three periods in the past two years. I must admit, after that long, it's going to be something hard to deal with.
  • B27B27 member
    1)no period! 2) feeling her move 
  • One of the biggest benefits of BF.....still no periods!  With both of mine, I went a good 9 months before they started up again.  Nursing for no periods is much more comfortable than dealing with being pregnant to get that break IMO.

I'll miss the movement and constant companionship with my LO!  I almost don't want to share her with the world just yet.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Me too.

I'm going to miss the closeness between me and baby. Also the security of baby being on the inside. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShayla117:

These are the only things I will miss! 

• imageMrsJ723:
    Definitely agree with not having a period, the movement and kicks, and knowing she is safe. I'll also miss not feeling guilty about what I eat. It's back to counting points for me in a few weeks, but I do like the WW program and an looking forward to hopefully losing the weight.

This for me tooooo! Though I don't think I'll miss the kicks... this little boy is going to be a soccer player  and he's been practicing on my body!!!!

• imageMrsJ723:
    Definitely agree with not having a period, the movement and kicks, and knowing she is safe. I'll also miss not feeling guilty about what I eat. It's back to counting points for me in a few weeks, but I do like the WW program and an looking forward to hopefully losing the weight.

This for me tooooo! Though I don't think I'll miss the kicks... this little boy is going to be a soccer player  and he's been practicing on my body!!!!

• imagemetzy144:

imageShayla117:

These are the only things I will miss! 

exactly!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby #2 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nothing apart from feeling the baby kick. I want to have those periods a good while longer!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is the first time in my life I have not been self conscious of my tummy pooch and I'm definitely going to miss not having to worry about it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • If it makes sense, I will miss not worrying about getting pregnant.  I hated birth control (when we were preventing) and I didn't really enjoy the anxiety of TTC. 
  • PP periods are a total drag!  Not looking forward to shark weeks again -  for sure.  UI EBF'd and it still came back five months later. 

I'm going to miss my belly - I love having a pregnant belly and not worrying about my figure!!  (the stretchy maternity clothes that make a bump look awesome help a lot)  I'll also miss the movement - those are the things I missed most about being pregnant last time.

And sleep - I'll miss sleeping.

• I won't miss anything except the period thing. I hate being pregnant. Pregnancy is not for me.
  • I can admit that I will miss people being so nice to me and doting on me. Take it from a second time mom - people are way more chivalrous when you are pregnant than when you actually have the baby, lol.

I will also miss an excuse to pamper myself so much. I have had an aching back and feet the last few weeks, so I've been treating myself to regular massages and pedis. Yeah, that will probably have to stop...

• Period is the only thing I will miss not having. The rest of everything about pregnancy I won't miss at all. Except maybe having an excuse to dress like a bum every day.
  • Doh!!! Forgot about the period coming back thing. That sucks. But I will def miss feeling him move!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageeco+ri:
    I'm going to miss not having my period, the movement, and the security. When the baby is out they are exposed to the world, seems a little less safe.

This 100%!!!!!

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • I'm definitely going to miss not having a period and feeling the LO move inside of me! The other thing I'm going to miss is feeling comfortable with my body. I've always had body image issues until I got pregnant. It's been really nice not having to care too much about that, but I suspect that the pressure of having to lose the baby weight after delivery might trigger some of those body issues again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The period is also one for me too, but my hair grows so fast and feels so nice I will miss that. There is also no feeling like the baby moving, that is just so fun and never gets old!
  • I'm really going to miss feeling him kick and squirm!
  • I think I'll miss the way I feel about myself while pregnant. I'm not self conscious, and I feel beautiful. My body has a purpose now, and I like that. I'm not looking forward to feeling like a fat a$$ again after she's out, but I've resolved to becoming much more active once she's here, and she's definitely going to help with that.

The no-period thing is also a great bonus.

I WON'T miss not being able to do anything because of the irritable uterus and bleeding issues. All I want to do is get out into the garden and clean my house. The past 4 months of being off of work has made me a bit of a weakling.

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagesurpriseaddition:
    Nursing for no periods is much more comfortable than dealingnbsp;with being pregnant to get that break IMO.

Though I was being a little tongue in cheek, not everyone goes without periods while nursing. I got my first pp period at eight weeks while EBF. I also got pregnant while EBF.
  • Not feeling as guilty gaining weight. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Feeling the kiddo (around the 25 weeks mark, not the jabbing I'm getting nowadays), and having a place to keep a bowl, phone etc. And eating ice cream like its going out of style. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"