Trouble TTC

Some of you may remember me...

from TTGP and some of you may not :D.

Brief intro: I'm 32, Canadian, and have been off BC (Depo) since Jan 2010.  Cycle restarted May 2010 and has been totally regular since then. DH had a local SA which only does count (fine), my bloodwork is fairly normal except borderline high testosterone.

DH has extreme sensitivity issues and so rarely is able to ejaculate from sex - after 6 months with only 2 decent chances we began home insemination. A year later still nothing and so was put on Metformin and referred to an OBGYN - who took one look at me and said "I don't help fat people have babies." 

Was obviously disheartened, and when DH work schedule picked up to ridiculous hours we stopped 'trying' and just let things go.

So here we are 3 years later, in a better place personally and professionally, and have decided that we are going to restart the testing and try find someone who will work with me instead of trying to write me off. (Yes I am a large lady - no I'm not morbidly obese or a glutton - and NO that doesn't mean I shouldn't be a mother.)

Oh, and yes those are puppies and rainbows in my avatar - I think they're cute and pretty and I like them. Big Smile

So, let's party on a Friday night!

https://www.picgifs.com/graphics/c/cocktails/graphics-cocktails-163779.jpg

First comes Love Nov 11,  2003, Then Marriage: Aug. 23, 2006. Baby??? TTC since May 2010. Started seeking additional medical intervention (again) Summer 2013, finally appointment is booked!
Formerly buttercupaug 06 - and I was almost silver :(
PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME!
Aug 16, 2013 - SA done - All good strong numbers
Apr 3, 2014 - Consult with OBGYN to get my testing started.
Mar 6, 2014 - Surprise BFP!!!! EDD Nov 9th. Consult with OBGYN changed to prenatal meet and greet!
May 2, 2014 - NT scan perfect! Can't wait to find out what team we're on. 

June 11, 2014 - it's official, we're TEAM PINK!!!
Welcome Piper Laine!! November 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: Some of you may remember me...

• I can't believe that doctor said that to you. I hope you find a great doctor and I wish you the best of luck.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • That's a horrible thing for a doctor to say. I am on the overweight side but my RE never mentioned it being a problem. I hope you find an RE who will be more sensitive.
  • Loading the player...
  • I cannot believe what your doctor said to you. His/her words were repulsive! Seriously... I am speechless! Grrrrr...

I hope you can find a doctor who you are comfortable with and your stay here is short. 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • So sorry for the crappy experience you had in the past.  I hope you get a plan soon and don't have to stick around here too long, even though we are all pretty awesome ;)
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • That is awful what the doctor said to you!! I hope you can find a doctor you feel comfortable with and get a plan in place. Good luck!!

I like puppies and rainbows too.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • imagemonimu13:
    So sorry for the crappy experience you had in the past.  I hope you get a plan soon and don't have to stick around here too long, even though we are all pretty awesome ;)

This! OP I wish you the best of luck moving forward!!! 

*********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How can you not Love puppies and rainbows!? 

good luck moving forward!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• What an awful thing he said to you. Good luck to you. Hoping your stay here is short. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

• That doctor is horrendous!!!  So sorry you had to go through that, but glad you are here now and moving on.  Good luck to you and I hope you don't have to be here very long!  ps - love the puppies and rainbows!
  • Welcome and lots of luck to you!
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • I'm not over this post.  What kind of insanity - I hope you found a new doc!
    TTC#1
    Dx PCOS @ 16y.o
    9/2011: unplanned natural conception and MC @ 6weeks Cycle 1: 12/2012: TI & 2000MG Metformin & 100MG Clomid = CP
    Functional Cyst - fixed with 2wks BCP
    Cycle 2: 1/31/13: IUI #1
    Meds:2000MG Metformin, 100MG Clomid, HSG/Trigger, Provera 400mg 2DPIUI
    Stats: SA 20mil & 63% mot/follicles (as per 1/30 u/s): 22, 13, 14
    BFP! Beta #1 13DPiui: 79! Beta #2 15DPiui: 164! Beta#3 19DPIUI: 773! First US scheduled 3/5! EDD Oct 23!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    S/PAIF Welcome - You girls give me HOPE!
    Herbal Supplements: 1800mg NAC, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Baby Asprin, Folguard, Multivitamin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"