December 2013 Moms

Will I have a Ultrasound at my first Doctor Visit

I have my first Doctor visit this Monday ill be (8wks and 2days) and i know ill be getting alot of testing done but, i really want my fisrt ultrasound to be done...This is my first pregnancy so i really wana have my 8 week ultrasound for my baby book Angel and  of course so i can show it off. Im really excited. Big Smile

please help if you already went to your first Doctor visit.

Re: Will I have a Ultrasound at my first Doctor Visit

• Call and ask. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hear that some docs do and some do t. You really need to ask your doctor or midwife. I had one on Tuesday, to confirm baby. If they do one you probably will not get a picture. There is not much to see except for a tiny blip the size of a thumb print and the flutter of a heart beat.Take home pictures typically don't happen till later when you can actually see something.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • With my DS they did a confirmation ultrasound at my 8 week visit. I was told I'd have one this time at my 8 week visit as well. Different offices do things differently though. Hope you get your ultrasound.
  • I have gone and my doctors office did not do the US . They schedule them seperately from my first appointment . I was 8 weeks 2 days . I have read other post though and they have gotten there's done in the same initial visit so I would just call and ask if you need to know before you go .
  • imageLaumb11:
    Call and ask.nbsp;

This.
  • I got a u/s with the first visit during my first pregnancy at 6weeks but not this second pregnancy I'm was 6weeks on the first visit but had to schedule a u/s for the following week. The doctor gave me a choice of a u/s now or in a month when I can see more than a dot but I want it sooner than later
  • I just had my first u/s at 6 weeks yesterday and was able to take home a pic as well. It shows the yolk sac and fetal pole very small but it is at least something for me to see everyday. I go back in 2 weeks for another one, can't wait! I guess every doctor is different though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor only does ultrasounds at 18 and 32 weeks, but every doctor is different. We have no way of knowing what your doctor will do. You should call and ask if you really want to know.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The best thing to do is call and ask. My dr refuses to do them if you are in good health and don't have a history of loss. Which is tough but understandable.

If they don't do one, maybe look into a 3 D u/s. The one where I live will do them at 15 weeks. Still a wait, but it's something.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • My OB office sends you out for an u/s to an imaging place, yours might too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLaumb11:
    Call and ask. 

only way to be 100% 

• I was hoping for the same, soo I called my DR to be sure and they informed me this appt will be for blood work and paperwork only. So yes call and ask!
  • imageLaumb11:
    Call and ask. 

This. every doctor is different

BFP 05/21/12 MMC 06/26
    BFP 09/24/12 MMC 10/29
    BFP 04/11/13 DS December 2013
    BFP 04/08/16 *fingers crossed*
  • JJMSMJJMSM member
    Thank you ladies, i guess all i can do is call and ask so i can be sure. Its better then getting my hopes and not getting a u/s Sleep
  • Of course every doctor seems to be different. My first appointment at about 6weeks was just bloodwork and paperwork, but my next visit with the Dr. is at 10weeks and they said they would do an ultrasound then! I can't wait!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"