Breastfeeding

Increasing Supply ?

My twins are four weeks old and I'm pumping around 35 ounces a day . . . not enough for both of them.  I know we will always be supplementing, but I'd really like to get my supply up some more.

I'm pumping 8-9 times a day, taking fenugreek and mothers milk, and doing at least one power pumping session per day.  My supply seems to be going up gradually, but I'm feeling discouraged.  

Is there a point -- like a number of weeks postpartume -- where your supply will stop going up?  Do I still have time to increase my supply?  Anything else I should try? 

Re: Increasing Supply ?

• Are you on any kind of B/c pill? If so according to my lactation consultant and another dr. Estrogen in bc pills or if your taking the, will tank it. Fenugreek didn't work for me I'm on Raglan. Try power pumping 10 mins pump 10 don't pump then pump again.
  • Are you drinking tons of water and eating plenty of calories? Have you tried eating oatmeal every day for breakfast? There is no set cutoff point for building your supply, so keep at it. You're doing a great job!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you strictly pumping? I know it's harder to maintain a milk supply when you are. I've had a real time doing it without herbs. Make sure to dual pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours overnight. I know it can be hard with twins to do it th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"