Multiples

Intro!

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I had our first ultra sound today and are shocked to find out we are having TWINS!! I thought I was 10 weeks 3 days but turns out I'm 9 weeks 5 days. They changed my due date from Nov 19 to the 24th. But I'm guessing ill go early. We never would have thought we have twins. Neither of us have twins in our families. The ultra sound tech said here's baby one...I said what? Baby one. Then she said and here's baby two! Our faces had t be priceless. One babies heart rate was 160 the other 141. Everything looked great. We go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound and nt scan. Here's a pic, sorry it's a little big!
 imageimage" align="middle" src="image">

Re: Intro!

• Not seeing the photo but congrats on the twins and welcome!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What a surprise!  Congrats!  Your twins appear to be in the same gestational sac which means they are sharing a placenta and thus identical.  Did the tech mention if there was a membrane between the babies?  FYI identical twins are not hereditary, just a happy fluke!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!! I know the surprise feeling. :)
  • congrats! be prepared for some strange questions lol
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • AB87AB87 member
    Congratulations! 
  • Congrats and welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SV917SV917 member
    Congrats and welcome! We did IVF, so we knew twins were a possibility. I can't imagine the shock it must be of finding two at an ultrasound when you have no idea. Too bad there aren't cameras to capture your facial expressions!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LedoLedo member
    Congrats and welcome!  I completely understand your shock.  Neither my husband or myself have any twins in our family so when the dr said there was two it came as quite the huge shock, so I'm right there with ya sister!!
    Evelyn & Jocelyn   9/19/2013
  • Congratulations! 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • imageSV917:
    Congrats and welcome! We did IVF, so we knew twins were a possibility. I can't imagine the shock it must be of finding two at an ultrasound when you have no idea. Too bad there aren't cameras to capture your facial expressions!

we actually said that! It would awesome and hysterical if cameras captured that moment!  

• imageLedo:
    Congrats and welcome!  I completely understand your shock.  Neither my husband or myself have any twins in our family so when the dr said there was two it came as quite the huge shock, so I'm right there with ya sister!!

It's so crazy!! Congrats on yours as well! Do you know if yours are identical/fraternal? Do you know the sex yet? We cannot wait to find out what we are having!! I'm so inpatient!  

• Congratulations and welcome!!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Congratulations and welcome!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • LedoLedo member
    imageGsk4874:

imageLedo:

It's so crazy!! Congrats on yours as well! Do you know if yours are identical/fraternal? Do you know the sex yet? We cannot wait to find out what we are having!! I'm so inpatient!  

Crazy is right!!  No idea on the gender yet but we are hoping they will be able to see at our appointment next week. Hubby and I insanely excited too...once we know that we can start the nursery and all the fun stuff Smile  

The dr said that they are most likely identical since they are mono/di and we have no family history of twins and weren't doing any sort of fertility treatments, so we shall see I guess.

Evelyn & Jocelyn   9/19/2013
  • imagekatiebenes:
    congrats! be prepared for some strange questions lol

This!! :)  And double congratulations!!!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!!  We're due date buddies!  
  • Congrats!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards