January 2013 Moms

How did you find your babysitter? If you have one.

DH and I would like to have a date night at some point. We don't live near family and so we need to find someone local. I'm uncertain how I'd like to go about it. Some friends have recommended Care.com. Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: How did you find your babysitter? If you have one.

• We used our neighbor when she is home from college and DDs daycare teachers (those who do it on the side). I like that option because they already know her and her behaviors, etc and we already trust them. I've had friends use care.com but I've not ventured there yet...I'm a little uncomfortable with it right now but that could change when both kids are older. I will add that I'm extremely picky and probably to an extreme compared to others.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have one yet, but think I would feel most comfortable with word of mouth. Maybe ask on Facebook if any of your friends know a trustworthy teenager?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • May sound odd, but you could ask at your ped's office...that's where we got our DC rec...and also were told some tostay away from. Might be worth a try... iI also second the DC and friends suggestions!
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister has a couple teenage girls in her 'hood that I know also, so we'll probable use them when we need to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"