Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How soon did you get your period postpartum?

Hi ladies,

I am just over 6 weeks postpartum, and just got my period. It seems so unfair considering the postpartum bleeding just stopped. Anyone else get their periods this soon after and was it like a normal period? Just wondering what to expect now.

Re: How soon did you get your period postpartum?

• I just got mine this week -- 6 weeks PP.  It is a nightmare.  I was actually going to come and post to discuss. 

It's so heavy.  Bright red and tons of clotting.  I'm going on day 3 and hoping it doesn't last terribly long.  I rarely got my period when I was on BC and when I did, it was basically spotting so I am not familiar with heavy periods.

... are we free to use tampons now?  I didn't ask at my appt on Tuesday because this just wasn't on my mind.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No idea about the tampons. My appointment is on Monday, and now I'm not sure if I should reschedule because of my period. Having an internal exam doesn't seem likely with a period.
  • Loading the player...
  • Once you are cleared for sex, you are cleared for tampons. 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imageInkedMegs:
    I just got mine this week 6 weeks PP.nbsp; It is a nightmare.nbsp; I was actually going to come and post to discuss.nbsp; It's so heavy.nbsp; Bright red and tons of clotting.nbsp; I'm going on day 3 and hoping it doesn't last terribly long.nbsp; I rarely got my period when I was on BC and when I did, it was basically spotting so I am not familiar with heavy periods.... are we free to use tampons now?nbsp; I didn't ask at my appt on Tuesday because this just wasn't on my mind.

After my first son, my first PP period was insane. I'm talking 10 straight days of very heavy period. It ended and then 10 days later I got my period again. I was so worried because I thought it had to be dangerous but towards out it takes some time for your body to adjust back.

It does get normal again!

• Just got it at 8 weeks.... it is light this time also

With my 1st it was 12 weeks and light  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 8 weeks PP and have what seems to be terrible PMS. Cramps, back pain, etc. I'm EBFing too. So unfair.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow - I didn't get mine with first two until about 6 months pp - but I was bf'ing...stinks you got it so soon!
  • Our LO is exclusively breastfed, and I pump to relieve engorgement. I was really shocked to get my period so soon.
  • I had mine 2 days after my 6 wk appt. It lasted 11 days. Now 3 wks later and I have it again. UGHHH! Yes tampons are fine if your appt was ok.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a fluke at 4 1/2 weeks PP. (I had been done bleeding by then) My OB said that it most likely would not happen again, especially since I am breastfeeding. So, maybe your period is the same idea? 

Mine was like a normal period. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"