Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Probably going to be a stupid question...but...

I'm a FTM and was wondering what exactly are the signs of teething?? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Probably going to be a stupid question...but...

• drooling, excessive fussiness, hands and/or items constantly in mouth, sometimes rash around mouth, sometimes fever.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am not sure I believe this, but there is a popular baby book published called Baby 101. It's sort of like What to Expect the First Year. In any case, the MD that wrote the book claims that teething is actually blamed for many things that it is actually not the root cause of. She claims that the only true symptom of teething is the showing up of the teeth. The other things like drooling and crankiness are a by-product of something else. Like I said, not sure I buy it, but I read the book and it was in there. Most of what I have been told by other moms matches what the PP has said.
  • Loading the player...
  • I looked in my daughters mouth one day and saw 2 white lil teeth about to pop through...2 days later they did.

She had no other signs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD drools and chews on her hand constantly. I'm really surprised a tooth hasn't come through yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDublinMama:
    I am not sure I believe this, but there is a popular baby book published called Baby 101. It's sort of like What to Expect the First Year. In any case, the MD that wrote the book claims that teething is actually blamed for many things that it is actually not the root cause of. She claims that the only true symptom of teething is the showing up of the teeth. The other things like drooling and crankiness are a by-product of something else. Like I said, not sure I buy it, but I read the book and it was in there. Most of what I have been told by other moms matches what the PP has said.

I think a lot of times, parents tend to assume drooling or chewing are automatic signs of teething, which is just a common baby thing. But, that being said, they do come into play with teething a lot. The teeth tend to push in and out of their gums, so letting them chew as much as their heart desires will help to cut them through. It can take weeks or just a few days for teeth to come all the way through, but I definitely think that aiding in cutting by letting them chew on frozen washclothes or teething rings really help.

A slight temp is pretty common. I just get irritated when the first sign of drool or LO is chewing on their hands, some moms scream teething. Children learn through their mouth, hence why EVERYTHING goes in them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • For us it was fussyness and chewing on different things, like PP said babies learn with their mouth, shes always chewed on toys, but the way we knew it was teething is when she started chewing the tray on her high chair and the plastic tray on her walker and she would try to chew on so much of her hand she would gag herself
  • My older boys had a fever when they were teething, along with drooling and fussiness. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"