September 2012 Moms

Is this allowed?

Discussing 1st birthday party plans? I just went over to the "Birthday Parties" board. I don't know if I am ready to "plan" but I do have some ideas in mind. Anyone?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is this allowed?

• I've been brainstorming since he was born. Haha! My issue is my kids share a birthday so I want to combine their 1st and 3rd. Someone on Sept 2010 suggested Three Cheers for a Winter ONEderland. I love it but I just can't get any cute ideas in my head! I think I'm gonna do an art party.
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLilLee11:
    I've been brainstorming since he was born. Haha! My issue is my kids share a birthday so I want to combine their 1st and 3rd. Someone on Sept 2010 suggested Three Cheers for a Winter ONEderland. I love it but I just can't get any cute ideas in my head! I think I'm gonna do an art party.

That is SO awesome that they share a birthday! How in the world did you manage that one? Ha!

• Loading the player...
  • I have several ideas based on DS's current favorites, but I'm going to wait till it gets closer to make a decision. My ideas include: baseball, elephants and fish
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wanted to have a tea party for DD, but am saving that for "Tea for Two" (squee)... might do a bookworm/library themed party. 
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member

I'm always up for party talk. Much more fun than sleep talk, imo. 

I got Leo's present already. It was free because I used points I get for work, which is the only reason why I already have it. I got him a Radio Flyer ride on vintage race car and will do a vintage race car theme. We will probably do the party in our backyard and serve milk & cookies, and cake. I have looked on ebay for some old pine wood derby cars and will probably buy a bunch and do a pine wood derby race for the entertainment for the older kids/men. I also saw some little wooden race cars that we can set up on a table to decorate. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I am going to do an "I love Luci" birthday party!  Since Luci is turning out to be a bit of a ginger, I am going to find or make the polka dot dress like Lucille Ball wore and the pearls.  And her cake is going to be like the logo from the show, except with Lucy spelled with an "i" instead of a "y".  I am pretty excited about it.  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• imagekdsmith43:

imageLilLee11:
    I've been brainstorming since he was born. Haha! My issue is my kids share a birthday so I want to combine their 1st and 3rd. Someone on Sept 2010 suggested Three Cheers for a Winter ONEderland. I love it but I just can't get any cute ideas in my head! I think I'm gonna do an art party.

That is SO awesome that they share a birthday! How in the world did you manage that one? Ha!

He was 2.5 weeks early and it was so NOT planned. I cried and was having the hardest time bc it happened right after my DDs birthday breakfast. Now I love it and think the kids will too, but at the time I was very upset!
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEGMphoto:
    I wanted to have a tea party for DD, but am saving that for "Tea for Two" (squee)... might do a bookworm/library themed party. 

LOVE the tea party idea! That is so cute.

::secretly hoping for a girl next::

• imagehmp&mrj:

I got Leo's present already. It was free because I used points I get for work, which is the only reason why I already have it. I got him a Radio Flyer ride on vintage race car and will do a vintage race car theme. We will probably do the party in our backyard and serve milk & cookies, and cake. I have looked on ebay for some old pine wood derby cars and will probably buy a bunch and do a pine wood derby race for the entertainment for the older kids/men. I also saw some little wooden race cars that we can set up on a table to decorate. 

It would be super cute if you could send the pinewood derby cars as the invite so people could decorate/ "soup" theirs up and then bring it to the party! 

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I would love to start talking parties!  I have been pinning things to a secret board on Pinterest for months now and my H thinks I am crazy, so I would love to have a place to discuss my plans with others who will not judge my excitement :-)  I am thinking of doing a French theme, I found really cute French Poodle invitations on Etsy :-) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewilly_gert:
    I am going to do an "I love Luci" birthday party!  Since Luci is turning out to be a bit of a ginger, I am going to find or make the polka dot dress like Lucille Ball wore and the pearls.  And her cake is going to be like the logo from the show, except with Lucy spelled with an "i" instead of a "y".  I am pretty excited about it.  

Lucille Ball is my all time favorite! Cute idea BTW! Big Smile

Cooper Edward

• imagehmp&mrj:

Oh boy. I LOVE anything vintage + race cars = awesome. I think that is a good idea to incorporate something with the adults, that way it keeps everyone entertained. I think kids birthday parties can easily get kinda weird, especially for our friends that don't have kids yet.

• I am pretty sure we are going to have a vintage carnival theme.

• imageLyndseylovesHugh:
    I would love to start talking parties!  I have been pinning things to a secret board on Pinterest for months now and my H thinks I am crazy, so I would love to have a place to discuss my plans with others who will not judge my excitement :-)  I am thinking of doing a French theme, I found really cute French Poodle invitations on Etsy :-) 

Did you know Pinterest will only let you have 3 secret boards? I had to make one public so I could start a birthday board.

I saw some fabric at JoAnns the other day that had hot pink poodles on it. What a fun/different idea! I refuse to do anything with characters, until he is old enough to choose of course.

• imagekdsmith43:
    I am pretty sure we are going to have a vintage carnival theme.
    DDs first day was vintage carnival. I can send you the FB album and if you want any of the paper products I can email you the files. Maybe this will work https://m.facebook.com/!/abutler11?v=photoscpsalbum=a.10100427884418093.2771973.10203732__user=10203732
  • imageLilLee11:
    imagekdsmith43:
    DDs first day was vintage carnival. I can send you the FB album and if you want any of the paper products I can email you the files. Maybe this will work https://m.facebook.com/!/abutler11?v=photoscpsalbum=a.10100427884418093.2771973.10203732__user=10203732

AWESOME!! The link didn't work, I will PM you my e-mail address.

• imagekdsmith43:

imageLilLee11:
    imagekdsmith43:

AWESOME!! The link didn't work, I will PM you my e-mail address.

This link should work. It just may not be clicky bc I dont know how. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100427884418093.2771973.10203732&type=1&l=3f27f3a8e9 Ill email it too....
  • imagekdsmith43:

imageLyndseylovesHugh:
    I would love to start talking parties!  I have been pinning things to a secret board on Pinterest for months now and my H thinks I am crazy, so I would love to have a place to discuss my plans with others who will not judge my excitement :-)  I am thinking of doing a French theme, I found really cute French Poodle invitations on Etsy :-) 

Did you know Pinterest will only let you have 3 secret boards? I had to make one public so I could start a birthday board.

I saw some fabric at JoAnns the other day that had hot pink poodles on it. What a fun/different idea! I refuse to do anything with characters, until he is old enough to choose of course.

I know, that is crazy, they should let you have how ever many you want!

My H and I really love France, in fact he lived there for a few years before we met, so a French theme (and French foods) are very us.  I figured adding in the poodle makes it more appropriate for a baby's party (although most, if not all guests will be adults).  The colors I think we are going to do are pink, white, black with some tiffany blue accents. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All 3 of my kids are having a BIG birthday party on August 17th. (DD Aug1, DS1 July 28, DS2 Sept 6)

I've been debating all sort of themes. This year I might just go with boring birthday party themed party. 

Or cowboys... DD loves cowboys. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    imagekdsmith43:

I'm going to get Leo a shirt from the same person that made James' to wear during his smash cake. She makes a cute one for your carnival theme:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110772283/elephant-birthday-shirt-navy-brown-olive?ref=shop_home_active

I'm thinking about getting this one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82941280/plaid-and-houndstooth-shirt-birthday-tee?ref=shop_home_active 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imagekdsmith43:

imageEGMphoto:
    I wanted to have a tea party for DD, but am saving that for "Tea for Two" (squee)... might do a bookworm/library themed party. 

And now I am planning a Tee for Two golf theme for his second birthday. 

I freaking love this party

https://catchmyparty.com/photos/759178 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagewilly_gert:
    I am going to do an "I love Luci" birthday party!  Since Luci is turning out to be a bit of a ginger, I am going to find or make the polka dot dress like Lucille Ball wore and the pearls.  And her cake is going to be like the logo from the show, except with Lucy spelled with an "i" instead of a "y".  I am pretty excited about it.  
    What an adorable idea - I really look forward to seeing pics of your DD!

I haven't even thought about DD's party yet. sigh. She shares a bday with her daddy, though, so I'm sure he will say that he gets to decide the theme, lol...which means Star Wars, football, or video games Tongue Tied

• I've been thinking about doing a Curious George theme, but haven't 100% decided on it yet. 

ETA: or Super Mario.  or just superheroes.  I'm really indecisive!

Little B 9.20.12
  • imagehmp&mrj:
    imagekdsmith43:

imageEGMphoto:

I am obsessed w this! So cute! Now I wish I could have two big parties. A Tea for Three for DD and Tee for One for DS prb something diff and save Tee for Two for next year. This tea tee stuff is just too freaking cute!
  • imagehmp&mrj:
    imagekdsmith43:

I'm going to get Leo a shirt from the same person that made James' to wear during his smash cake. She makes a cute one for your carnival theme:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110772283/elephant-birthday-shirt-navy-brown-olive?ref=shop_home_active

I'm thinking about getting this one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82941280/plaid-and-houndstooth-shirt-birthday-tee?ref=shop_home_active 

Indifferent OMG! I love that. You've got awesome style, lady! Definitely bookmarking this.

• imagewilly_gert:

I completely missed this post earlier. HOW PRECIOUS! That is so cute, and so creative.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imageLilLee11:
    imagehmp&mrj:

I am obsessed w this! So cute! Now I wish I could have two big parties. A Tea for Three for DD and Tee for One for DS prb something diff and save Tee for Two for next year. This tea tee stuff is just too freaking cute!

You could do a Par-Three, Hole in One party and make it all golf theme with pink and blue argyle. You could still do a tea party set up too but call it the tee box.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Dh and I want to do a my little pony theme party. Dd will be Princess Cesar? (like Celestia) and then have little play stations based on the other characters (all of her cousins are at least 3 years older than her and I wanted stuff for them to do). I already have a secret pinterest board full of ideas.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imagemnkate:
    imagebosha711:

imagewilly_gert:
    What an adorable idea - I really look forward to seeing pics of your DD!

I haven't even thought about DD's party yet. sigh. She shares a bday with her daddy, though, so I'm sure he will say that he gets to decide the theme, lol...which means Star Wars, football, or video games Tongue Tied

hey now!! Two of those themes (star wars and video games) are potentials for our party!! :0) 

Oh, nothing against those themes specifically, and maybe for DS I wouldn't care, but I would rather do something more girly for DD! MH already got DD this shirt, so I know he is gearing up for his cause, lol-

• We are doing a Bubble Guppies theme. I also have a board on pintrest with cute food and game ideas. I don't want her to turn one but I am having fun planning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welp, I officially want HMP to "design" Bebd 1st birthday party.

its going to be a beautiful day in San Diego . . . and . . . GO! 

• imagewilly_gert:

Such a cute idea! I've always loved "I Love Lucy." I want to do something with bears since I call DD Bear.

• imageMrsNejedlo:
    We are doing a Bubble Guppies theme. I also have a board on pintrest with cute food and game ideas. I don't want her to turn one but I am having fun planning.

We thought about doing this because she loves that show. It's so great when trying to get ready for work or cook dinner. DH loves the grocery store song, and wants to learn all the words. lol

But we're also thinking of doing a "Once" upon a time (fairy tales) or "Once upon a Birthday theme. (birthday theme with a few fairy tale ideas). However we hate when people call DD a princess and she doesn't own outfits that say princess or daddy's little princess. I just like the play on words.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imagedanab_sd:

Welp, I officially want HMP to "design" Bebd 1st birthday party.

I have had these parties saved for a while, just in case I have a girl someday.

High Tea on the beach

https://www.karaspartyideas.com/2012/01/high-tea-on-beach-party.html

Queen Bee, or Queen Beebs, lol.

https://www.loraleelewis.com/blog/?p=15085

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagehmp&mrj:
    imagedanab_sd:

Welp, I officially want HMP to "design" Bebd 1st birthday party.

I have had these parties saved for a while, just in case I have a girl someday.

High Tea on the beach

https://www.karaspartyideas.com/2012/01/high-tea-on-beach-party.html

Queen Bee, or Queen Beebs, lol.

https://www.loraleelewis.com/blog/?p=15085

Those are adorable! I love the Bee one! You rock! 

• imageklgrh6:

But we're also thinking of doing a "Once" upon a time (fairy tales) or "Once upon a Birthday theme. (birthday theme with a few fairy tale ideas). However we hate when people call DD a princess and she doesn't own outfits that say princess or daddy's little princess. I just like the play on words.

Soooo what you're saying is, you're not down with a Princess Leia shirt? Crying

• I can't decide what we are going to do.  I would like to have some type of backyard BBQ.  We moved into our house just 3 weeks before Lexie decided to arrive, we never did have a house warming party.  ((Not the gift giving kind))

It will be primarily adults but their will be some kids there.  We have an acre lot so space won't be an issue.  My style would be something with soft pinks/gray and a sophisticated theme.  But alas, most of my family and friends wouldn't really get the theme.  Any ideas, ladies?

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    imagektnicole:

I can't decide what we are going to do.  I would like to have some type of backyard BBQ.  We moved into our house just 3 weeks before Lexie decided to arrive, we never did have a house warming party.  ((Not the gift giving kind))

It will be primarily adults but their will be some kids there.  We have an acre lot so space won't be an issue.  My style would be something with soft pinks/gray and a sophisticated theme.  But alas, most of my family and friends wouldn't really get the theme.  Any ideas, ladies?

You could do an ice cream social with those colors, and still cook out too.

https://www.karaspartyideas.com/2011/08/ice-cream-social.html

https://party-wagon.com/childrens-party-blog/2012/3/9/ice-cream-social.html 

Love these little disposable ice cream cups 

https://www.amazon.com/Meri-Cream-Cups-Spoons-12-Pack/dp/B004S34Y8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367174210&sr=8-1&keywords=meri+meri+ice+cream

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagebosha711:
    imageklgrh6:

Soooo what you're saying is, you're not down with a Princess Leia shirt? Crying

Leia would be fine since DH loves star wars and our rehearsal dinner was star wars themed with a wookie cake. DD owns a little wookie oneise and DH is always trying to teach her how to speak wookie. We're thinking she will probably be Leia for halloween sometime.

• I think Im going with a western/cowboy theme. We just moved to a mini farm so I won't have to spend much on decor. Ill drag some hay out of the barn, let the chickens run around, swim and eat BBQ. I already have tons of stuff on Pinterest. I really wanted a carnival theme, but I think Im going to wait until he can play some of the games and really enjoy it.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"